Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I think the moment that my perspective re: Walt changed was him feeding Walt Jr. tequila shots against Hanks misgivings. Before that point, you think it's all for the family- after that moment, you see his motivations are really more about remaining in control, family be damned. He's less concerned about Walt Jr./Flynn :allears: getting sick than he is about Hank being an obstacle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I think Gretchen and Elliot minimizing his involvement with Grey Matter was purely about optics- he was confirmed to be Heisenberg at that point. Had he died before it was revealed- and if anyone were to ask them- I'm sure they would've given an accurate appraisal of his contributions. Or Elliot's birthday party in S1, for example. They're bigging him up to get him to accept their payment for his treatment.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Throughout the series of BB the only thing I didn't "buy" was Jesse and Jane becoming involved initially. Over time it made sense but at first it was like nuh, not happening.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
She deserved to die

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
She had to go

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Honestly for me it wasn't til he took the baby.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Actually it might have been when he purposefully crashed his car with Hank or the pushing of shots upon Walt Jr.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Everybody Hates Skylar

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Skyler isn't bad because she's a woman

Skyler is bad because she's a bitch

E: tell me you want to be married to this character. Mhm.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Strawman posted:

Why, did she rape her husband?

Awesome post/username combo :golfclap:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
And do you take this woman whom you know every bad thing they will do to be your paranoid hateful controller in an obviously loveless marriage?

(brain falls out) I do!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'd much rather fixate on the bullshit of idiots than this awesome TV show

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Why explore character development and dramatic nuance when I can just tell people LEARN TO POST in 500 words or more

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
When I talk about the show I always call Walt Hal

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Last Chance posted:

It doesn't help anyone's case when they can't spell a character's name right, even when they "hate" that character so much. I've always been curious, is that misspelling on purpose or not?

Skyler/Skylar: not a great name to start with and who the gently caress cares how you spell it

My name is Meghan not Megan ugh Jesus you are so loving misogynist that MUST be intentional

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Skylaer hate did not kill the old thread

Skylaer love did

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I love that people will white knight a repulsive fictional character as if it's a real person because rational criticism is grounded in misogyny and not a natural mental stimulus response to an unlikably written character

Wait, no I don't, it makes for a loving unreadable thread

Your husband is dying of cancer and you're going controlling psycho over him and his acquaintances smoking pot uh yeah what's not to like, obviously you're a confirmed woman hater if you're not gung ho for that

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'm watching excitedly but I reserve judgment on overall objective quality til a show has wrapped. Eg, who woulda thought Dexter would turn out to be such a steaming pile of dogshit?

• Locked thread