Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm rewatching the show for the first time, and man, I realized that I missed about 3 episodes in the middle of Season 3 the first time through.

random thoughts:

- I totally had forgotten that the Aztec steamrolling the drug dealers and the Gale killing were in back to back episodes. I thought going into the end of S3 that the final episode was the Aztec scene, and that S4 ended with Gale dying, there was a whole season in between. Nope!

- the first punch Hank hits Jesse with sends him flying like 2 feet back, gently caress

- It was kinda nice for the cousins to leave their Mercedes to the farmer family

- Gus seems a lot more chill and decent on a rewatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I thought it was funny how Gus cooked the exact same meal for both Walt and Jesse when he invited each to his place. Ive been cooking the same meal for years for the first cooking for ya girl date

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

BiggerBoat posted:

One thing that stood out to me on the rewatch was the need to have what seemed like an entire all new cast of villains introduced into the story. They handled it pretty well for the most part, and I knew right away that Todd was going to be a problem, but it was a little jarring on binge watch to suddenly have Lydia and the nazi guys so abruptly thrust into the protagonist role. Felt like it moved a little fast.

Two of my all-time favorite shows (BB and Banshee) ended their amazing series with the final bad guys being nameless Nazis that were suddenly introduced in the final few episodes. Weird lapse in writing for otherwise really solid shows

• Locked thread