Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burning swine
May 26, 2004

Necc0 posted:

i'd prefer my os to not have adware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have a legitimately pirated Windows 7 and I fear upgrading will kill this somehow and may upgrade but I wanna know will it give me a license number that I can then use to flatten and reinstall

should probably do a fresh reinstall

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

I have a legitimately pirated Windows 7 and I fear upgrading will kill this somehow and may upgrade but I wanna know will it give me a license number that I can then use to flatten and reinstall

mods :filez:

pay for your operating system echi

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

for some reason the window 8 upgrade key I got registered as a new install, so I ended up with two keys I can use which is nice.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What does the legit in legitimately pirated mean echi

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
he's afraid that microsoft has ways of shutting that whole thing down

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Yolo Wizard posted:

What does the legit in legitimately pirated mean echi

like when someone does a kickflip and you say "that was legit badass"

I DONT mean it in the boring traditional, legitimate way

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

he's afraid that microsoft has ways of shutting that whole thing down

well I have another pc with a legit pirated windows 10

I just don't want that fear that one day it might be inactivated. but also without paying a cent

imagine paying money for windows 10

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

well I have another pc with a legit pirated windows 10

I just don't want that fear that one day it might be inactivated. but also without paying a cent

imagine paying money for windows 10

i pity the sick fucks that join the 10volution on july 30

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

echinopsis posted:

read threads, echi

SpaceAceJase posted:

someone upgraded a pirated win 8.1 to win 10 and it activated. how bout dat?

SpaceAceJase posted:

also, i bought Win7 keys from a dude in SA-Mart and you can fresh install Win10 with the keys. no need to install win7 and activate then upgrade

ur welcome

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how much is w7 these days

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I paid for Windows 2000 and I think that's enough

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
$30 from sa-mart I'm not linking

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i might give this whole windows 10 thing a try, while it's still free

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Windows 10 is better than any previous version right now and you're a dumbass if you've stuck behind the times on purpose

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
what about the adware and the privacy settings that keep resetting themselves after every update

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't get any ads. also i disabled all of the phoning home stuff following this website https://fix10.isleaked.com/ the first time i installed, and i just checked and none of it has reset itself

next

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Windows 10 Is Good

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

i don't get any ads. also i disabled all of the phoning home stuff following this website https://fix10.isleaked.com/ the first time i installed, and i just checked and none of it has reset itself

next

lol that you had to do this

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Big loving deal. You do it once at the beginning like setting up your mouse speed or quick launch icons or installing chrome. haven't touched it since that day

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i reinstalled windows 10 pro to get my bluetooth working again because it hosed itself for some reason and i had to remember to remove candy crush and photoshop express since i already have photoshop cc

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Big loving deal. You do it once at the beginning like setting up your mouse speed or quick launch icons or installing chrome. haven't touched it since that day

sounds like you're salty about having to janitor your lovely operating system to not spy on you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Enjoy your out of date trash for idiots. I'll be here with the world's most advanced operating system, Windows 10

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

windows 10 still has two settings menus

three if you count the multitude of [Advanced Options]>[Advanced Options]>[Even more advanced options]

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

a labyrinth of poo poo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i like that 10 thought my thinkpad was a surface or smth and helpfully started off in tablet mode

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Sagebrush posted:

Windows 10 is better than any previous version right now and you're a dumbass if you've stuck behind the times on purpose

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
"oh man I love out dated os's cause I'm into grannies" - yospos

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
windows 10 is a step forward in some areas and a step backwards in others

if everyone was on windows 10 i wouldn't mind so much but i'll have to deal with windows 7 on a daily basis until 2020

Perplx fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 24, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

My Linux Rig posted:

"oh man I love out dated os's cause I'm into grannies" - yospos

gushin granny is my fav mountain dew flavor

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
welp imma give the sa mart dude thirty you ess dollars and reinstall 7 and immediately upgrade to 10 and then restart installing all my poo poo. God it's tedious

what happens when I want to reinstall 10 years down the track? what licence will I use ? can I pull my licence number out of windows for posterity?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I actually copy a shirload of stuff over from
appdata so poo poo like chrome etc boots back up just the same. same with utorrent, it's how I still have files on their that have been seeded from back in like 2009 despite multiple reinstalls

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

wats ur ratio

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk? one point something

seeding forever is only helpful if people download from you

on sites with bonus points for hours seeded I have rayshes of a hundy or more

not having a fat pipe also means you miss out

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

idk? one point something

yes but do you know Where Da Movies At

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

ratio = hundy?

loving Smooth

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

echinopsis posted:

idk? one point something

there's only one fat pipe that matters in my life :420::350::2bong::okpos::rznv::weed::frontear::weedass:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yes but do you know Where Da Movies At

nah. i went the other direction after phoon did the dirty

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

echinopsis posted:

welp imma give the sa mart dude thirty you ess dollars and reinstall 7 and immediately upgrade to 10 and then restart installing all my poo poo. God it's tedious

what happens when I want to reinstall 10 years down the track? what licence will I use ? can I pull my licence number out of windows for posterity?

if u upgrade from 7 you don't get a key for 10, they register your hardware fingerprint on the michaelsoft servers & the install is bound to your machine

I had to reinstall earlier this year it just works no key required but when I buy a new motherboard and cpu I might need to buy a new copy of 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
hey MLR has microsoft taken note of your enthusiasm and sent you a gift/check/card yet

didnt think so

• Locked thread