Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«89 »
Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Mister Facetious posted:

It's because the PC is a dead gaming platform for a dying industry.

The future is indie games on console!

Sometimes I really wonder what happened to you to make you this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

As a matter of fact, it is my default position on everything.

Kizurue posted:

Sometimes I really wonder what happened to you to make you this way.

I visited YCS. It's where that old joke comes from- you'd take console sales vs. PC sales of the same game at face value, and add some good ol' trolling.

It's the gamer equivalent of saying SA is a dead, unfunny humor website with a dying forum. It's just teasing.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at Jun 24, 2017 around 01:32

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Mister Facetious posted:

CS:GO

"Better"

You'd probably love R6 Siege.

But yeah, there's way too many shooters on PC at this point with active communities and new stuff coming down the pike all the time. Rising Storm 2 just came out and I want it but also know I'll never play it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Confession: I can't stop watching CS:GO on Twitch. I've been following the pro leagues for a year and a half at least.

I would never want to play the game because I hate pretty much everything about it, but I find the commentary and the camera work oddly compelling.

As for R6:S, I've only seen Versus and Etedor play it. I'm not certain the game even has a pro presence, much as Ubi would like the exposure.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Mister Facetious posted:

Confession: I can't stop watching CS:GO on Twitch. I've been following the pro leagues for a year and a half at least.

I would never want to play the game because I hate pretty much everything about it, but I find the commentary and the camera work oddly compelling.

As for R6:S, I've only seen Versus and Etedor play it. I'm not certain the game even has a pro presence, much as Ubi would like the exposure.

There is actually a pro league, but you'll never get a shooter to be on the same level as CS:GO's at this point. There's actually a NA team tournament going on right now. It's difficult to follow the games if you don't know the characters and abilities, but jesus, there's nothing like it on the market today.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

There is actually a pro league, but you'll never get a shooter to be on the same level as CS:GO's at this point. There's actually a NA team tournament going on right now. It's difficult to follow the games if you don't know the characters and abilities, but jesus, there's nothing like it on the market today.

The building deformation is incredible, but gently caress those little roller drones. And making them able to jump is complete bullshit.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don't fuckle with Shuckle(s)

Like that other Shuckle, but different.

Some good games tonight in the gold COD. Then Javes joined and took all the kills and I stopped making it to the top 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Some good games tonight in the gold COD. Then Javes joined and took all the kills and I stopped making it to the top 3

just be glad i don't play anymore

«89 »