Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I'm just hoarding my Depot Credits (MWR's "Keys") until they add the guns in. Got 187 credits now and I bet I'm still not going to get any guns out of all the drops I will open.

Also Winter Crash 24/7 is up on MWR. I wish they did Winter Shipment instead :( leveling up is so slow, 15 hours of play and still no prestige

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm promoting the R3KT to 'almost worth spending salvage on, but not quite'

I think it's a better version of the Volk all around, faster ads, tighter hipspread, more ammo per mag, way better accuracy, with the tradeoff of a tiny (tiny) bit slower ttk and faster falloff to a 4sk (meh, the Volk can't *hit* people at its max 3sk range imo).

R3KT suffers from being 'just kind of a good gun', which isn't really worth spending salvage on unfortunately, because I'd like to use it instead of the Volk when I'm in the mood for that kind of AR :saddowns:

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

And as I complain about leveling being slow, this happens.

drat, I'm going to quit every game that isn't on Shipment, gotta get those prestiges.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Ok so I bought this piece of poo poo again since it's on sale for the digital version. And it's really me. Revo and I voice chatted earlier. I don't have my cinch controller since the fuckers stole it too, but I'll hop on and play bad shootie mans later tonight once everything finishes downloading to the new system.

The bright side is my insurance is totally covering everything so instead of getting a bone again I just upgraded to the PS4 pro. lovely shootie mans, but in stunning 4K!

Also I rebought titanfall 2. No blops 3 though until that goes on sale digitally. gently caress swapping discs.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I'm going out to pathetically celebrate my birthday like an old person, but will be on later to shoot mans.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Kiz and rev on now, come join us :D

Edit: dayday too

feverish and oversexed fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 22, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
HELP STEM THE PUBBIE FLOW

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

People are trying to avoid my twin seeker grenade attack with Stryker's regenerating trophy passive now. Good thing I'm packing a Titan and Hailstorm in my other classes to make up for it. And I won a Phase shift battle today. :yarr:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sorry I couldn't accept your invite Day Day and Prinny, my girlfriend's last day here is today and we were finishing Westworld and she was finishing the IW campaign. On the easiest difficulty. It was hilarious watching her play this dumb game. I'll be around tomorrow and ahead.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Phase Shift is basically my new #1 most hated thing in this game

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

As for me, I've taken to liking the Centurion. Plant in a high traffic area and watch all those assists come in never stop hearing hit markers.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I dropped one and spent a match confused as to why I was getting hitmarkers randomly

Clearly the other team was as well because they never shot it

(then I never played Stryker again)

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

victrix posted:

I dropped one and spent a match confused as to why I was getting hitmarkers randomly

Clearly the other team was as well because they never shot it

(then I never played Stryker again)

The Good things about stryker:
-The hardened perk lets you lock down wallruns over death pits
-you... uhh.... have a turret that might kill a dude???

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

OneDeadman posted:

The Good things about stryker:
-The hardened perk lets you lock down wallruns over death pits
-you... uhh.... have a turret that might kill a dude???

Hardened to lock down wall runs, or Trophy to always have a trophy for defending.

Also the Turret's okay. Just don't use the Grav Vortex Gun, as you get just TWO shots.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Phase Shift is basically my new #1 most hated thing in this game

Phase Shift could probably use a nerf in its charge time since it's pretty powerful and you get it in 60 seconds in TDM. But Phase Shift users can be predictable, just hang out in a corner behind your current position.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Meanwhile on IW PC.

That's not his computer stuttering, that's the host.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Apparently tonight's holiday crate is 20 keys.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

And your free gift contains an exploit for unlimited keys!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfare/comments/5jpeb7/purchase_unlimited_keys_for_free/

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Glad I stayed up til 4 AM!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i just opened the equivalent of $300 worth of rare crates and the only thing i learned is that i am 100% completely justified and right about my refusal to put any money towards this F2P bullshit ever

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
for those who are curious I got 3 epics, oni kaiken, mauler mammoth, & erad cerberus, plus about 11k scrap from bonuses & dupes

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Looks like they already removed today's holiday box to prevent the glitch from being used. Or at least that's what I'm seeing. Can anyone confirm?

:Update:
Confirmed on Twitter the crates were turned off so RIP.

Kizurue fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Dec 22, 2016

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
It quit working for me after about 1200 keys. Only got one epic weapon, a handgun. Got an epic calling card and epic taunt as well. No loving way I'd pay money for that poo poo.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

I love the constant ridicule IW is getting right now. It took them about 3 hours from the time the exploit was found to stop it but since leaderboards and netcode do not cut into their cash flow they can't be bothered after months.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So thanks to day day I don't even get my free gift?

THANKS FOR RUINING CHRISTMAS

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Pretty funny to see that opening thousands of dollars worth of rare crates still doesn't get you that many epic weapons or salvage.

Wasn't around to poke it but with how cheap they are I can't imagine them letting you keep the stuff but on the other hand Activision are unlikely to have bothered to invest time in making an account system that can be rolled back easily.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Dec 22, 2016

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

So I bought the digital version of the base version of this game and it's still downloading. MWR I downloaded because it was already in my library. It finished downloading and this morning I went to start it up to check out if it works and it says it needs the IW disc. Am I boned? Should I contact Sony and get a refund so I can buy the Legacy edition while it's on sale?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Carecat posted:

Wasn't around to poke it but with how cheap they are I can't imagine them letting you keep the stuff but on the other hand Activision are unlikely to have bothered to invest time in making an account system that can be rolled back easily.

IW never even bothered to roll back XP from the FTL CTF glitch a month back, which was way easier to roll back.

Reflect on the fact that it's Christmas - more than a month and a half from launch! - and we still don't have a Combat Record, or a way to view recently acquired items from boxes. :iw: There's a Triple Play bundle available in BO3 for 100 wins now, so if anybody else wants to play BO3, I'm down.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

housefly posted:

So I bought the digital version of the base version of this game and it's still downloading. MWR I downloaded because it was already in my library. It finished downloading and this morning I went to start it up to check out if it works and it says it needs the IW disc. Am I boned? Should I contact Sony and get a refund so I can buy the Legacy edition while it's on sale?

That version of MWR requires the IW disc. You can just buy the base game again and it will work fine. The disc is the same in each edition.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

housefly posted:

You can probably get a refund on IW, call Sony support and explain what happened and pick up a disc version used somewhere.

Sorry about that terrible game last night Day Day, dropped in, had 2 bars the whole match. Went and played solo and the rest of my games were in the upper 1+-4.2 KDRs. I dunno who was hosting but drat.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
PSN will give you one freebie refund for weird situations, I did it when I purchased the wrong version of some destiny crap last year.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They will, and then they block your account from getting any support again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The amount of salt on the IW subreddit because of the free supply drop fiasco is amazing.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Everything about that is funny.

Reminder that weapon camos and weapon levels do give xp, farm to your heart's content all weekend. Think I can probably get a full prestige if I properly poopsock.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

victrix posted:

Everything about that is funny.

Reminder that weapon camos and weapon levels do give xp, farm to your heart's content all weekend. Think I can probably get a full prestige if I properly poopsock.

When did this change? It certainly wasn't the case before my PS4 was stolen...

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

housefly posted:

I think some days ago. IW realized "oh poo poo 2XP doesn't work with challenges", and boom, 2xp on EVERYTHING.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The amount of salt on the IW subreddit because of the free supply drop fiasco is amazing.

And remember, folks. Kids will ruin your Christmas.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

housefly posted:

Always apparently, you just couldn't tell because lol no post game medal/xp summary.

Probably applies to challenges too, though at my level I've knocked off most of the low hanging fruit.

You can really tell when you get a huge xp bump in a match if you finish gold+ diamond, I saw like 25k in a non 2xp game.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Sweet

Also just got off the phone with Sony. It's all sorted and I can play all my new shootie mans again. Woot! See you in a week when the download finishes. :-(

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think you might be the only person playing MWR at this point. I just deleted it last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Curious what IW does about the key exploit. Resetting everyone's salvage and keys to what they were prior to the day 2 reward seems reasonable to me. It's also hilarious how fast they patch the game when microtransactions are directly involved.

• Locked thread