Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Truly the hero we deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Did they ever announce what the 10 MW maps will be?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Liquid Penguins posted:

Can I preorder Modern Warfare HD yet? I don't care about this space nonsense.

They've kept a tight lid on whether you can get MW a la carte, since no one would buy IW if you could.

Also, I have no idea what everyone is talking about on this page. The plot of CoD has always been Skyler is a jerk and his mom is a whore.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Lol if anyone is still actively playing a COD.

Lol if you're going to CoD XP

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
"We need to bring back things from root beer" is the dumbest decision. I can't imagine the beta will help things either.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Got an email that the PS4 beta begins 10/14, with xbone "to follow."

Seems awful late. Xbox would overlap with tf2 release. Also possibly Battlefield I, but who cares about that dumb game?

Edit: here's the beta page https://www.callofduty.com/infinitewarfare/beta

Hackan Slash fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 3, 2016

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
What? Cam-paign? Single player?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If I can snag ghost with the DLC for like $10-15 in some sale I'll probably do it just to play Extinction again.

The PS4 ghosts hardened edition is selling for 15bux on Amazon.

A small price to pay for the last good CoD.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

widespread posted:

I actually wanna say that it was pretty decent? Campaign shook it up sorta in the sense that the ending is just the hero getting tortured the same way the villain does, multiplayer is boots on ground with consistent hitting, and Extinction has you shooting bugs instead of zombies.

I guess people wanted more Modern Warfare so that's why they poo poo on it? Or is there something more?

Jokes on them, I actually might play IW. :shepspends:

I was saying that un-ironically, I enjoyed it. I think most people didn't like it because it had some large maps that were stinkers (that castle map...), the player base was split over 4 consoles, and only the new gen had ground war.

It also had some great maps (HOTDOG), Nodes! was the best clan thing ever (admittedly not a high bar), and some fun weapons and equipment.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

why is there not a player base spreadsheet yet

Be the change you want.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do they have a list of the classic weapons anywhere yet?

No, because nobody will be happy with it. It was said some will be visible in the beta. I'm just hoping for all the MW2 shotguns, but I know it'll just be sniper rifles and SMG's. Also, make LMG's great again.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

JackGeneric posted:

5 of the returning weapons have been announced! With new, sillier names!
Intervention (now TF141), UMP (MacTav 45), SPAS-12 (S-Ravage), M1, and ARX-160 (OSA)

I'm curious if the guns will have tweaked stats, or just be the exact same.

If it's the latter the nuUMP will be best gun in the game by far. It's an SMG with a guaranteed 3sk from any range without stopping power.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Goons play Dom and TDM 99% of the time so the lack of players argument doesn't really work. I played like 50 hours of S&D on Blops 2 PC with a full party when it had less then 100 players and we had no problem finding games.

S&D? PC? Lots of bad decisions here.

Also, S&D got a lot less fun with the advent of party chat. Really enjoyed someone trying to make a call out and just getting cut off.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm with Javes. I rather play in the fun future jump land.

You mean Titanfall 2?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Javes posted:

I bought the digital deluxe edition because I am bad with money and I couldn't resist not having the bonus salvage/keys and the season pass daily login bonus. MWR is grandpa CoD.

You should become so bad with money that you play Titanfall 2 with us on the bone.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

Sometimes the Steel Dragon can be good?

https://giant.gfycat.com/YellowishBrilliantAlleycat.mp4

Since the stats in MWR are completely unchanged from CoD4, here are some of the weird stats that are in CoD4.
  • AK-47: red dot and silencer both reduce the minimum damage to 20
  • AK-74u: red dot and silencer increase the hipfire spread to AR spread instead of SMG spread; has AR bullet penetration instead of SMGS
  • SAW: grip reduces hipfire spread
  • MP5: equipping the M9 as your secondary gives you an extra magazine (same applies to the Uzi but don't use the Uzi)
  • G36: ADS sway is reduced when crouching or prone
  • M40: damage with ACOG increases to 75

Here's the best write up of MW mechanics and discrepancies

http://denkirson.blogspot.com/2012/09/call-of-duty-4_12.html?m=1

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Auron posted:

I changed my mind MWR is more trash than IW. Welcome to sniper fest.

I am totally shocked that an $80 remaster of an 8 year old game is so sweaty.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

ethanol posted:

They need to remove the drat winners circle. It makes me vomit every time. It's so lame. Soooooo lame

I like how they expanded the winners circle to the whole team (Is this true for ground war?).

Next CoD will have everyone from both teams in the circle.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Godzilla07 posted:

Infinite Warfare sales are down 50% year-over-year from Black Ops 3. And that's with MWR! To boot, CoD nominally held the top spot in NPD for revenue but the Pokemon games combined would be #1 with Pokemon selling for way less than CoD.

And here's ranges for IW shotguns. If you insist on running a shotgun, Suppressor is a good choice since you only lose 5% range and Long Barrel only adds 10% range.

How many pellets does each need for the ohk? It's a little disingenuous to show the KRM, because that required all eight pellets to hit for half its ohk range.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

the thirst for blood on the subreddit is so out of control right now that i feel like a harsh punishment is coming down the pipes just to stem the rage of people who didn't exploit the glitch and feel cheated by the people who did

I am shocked people are so angry, but not at the people who implement this horrible scratcher system.

Actually I'm not shocked, but it's still dumb.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

venutolo posted:

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They have a special 100 box bundle for 5000CP ($40.00) which you can buy multiple times, i believe.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

don't spend money on boxes

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Me, fuzzy and javes joined a in progress dom game where we were losing 11-62. We ended up winning 200-194 :smug:

Why was it so close?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

Are any of the xbone people out there gonna be going back to BLOPS 3? Cause I'd so be down for that. I am still having fun in IW despite all of its problem, but repeatedly playing with pubbies is starting to wear on me.

Xbone people don't play Titanfall 2 now, if there's any game they're going back to it's that one.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Wanna know the difference between MW2 and Blops?

MW2 was fun. :rimshot:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Javes posted:

Got some actual fan mail last night.

I really miss the lobby and death cam trash talk that's all but disappeared with the advent of the modern party system. Games less fun when you can't ask your honorable opponent a question. It's not actually a question

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Everyone huh? One sec, gotta consult the data.

Not from this hard data. You can't argue with a graph.

Lol, you bought WaW

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

objectively bad posted:

I have ordered myself a xbone, xim4 and cod infinity/mwr. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Living up to the user name

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Javes posted:

Jacs and/or anyone that's played it. Is FF XV worth playing? It's in sale on PSN.

It's worth playing for $20.

If you haven't yet, play Witcher 3 or Persona 5 instead. They are infinitely better.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

Is the playercount per team going to remain the same as previous games?

Seems kind of low for a game based on the biggest war

It's only because battlefield is what people think of when they hear WW2 now. Previous CoD WW2 games had the same size.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Mill Village posted:

The best part of BO2 was the emblem fuckery goons did. :allears:

Not Batman eating a hotdog, 3/10.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Javes posted:

Pre order from Amazon my dude. You're only charged once it ships. Cancel the order after you get the code.

http://n4g.com/news/2082306/best-buy-are-charging-customers-who-cancelled-their-destiny-2-pre-order-after-getting-the-beta-code

Just don't do it from best buy.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

soggybagel posted:

-- Lots of MP balance issues currently exist. Guns feel very unbalanced, the shotguns are fun but probably too overpowered in one on one confrontations. At least in my experience the LMG's are useless. Rate of fire just isn't fast enough. There is a lot aim jump if you get shot too so the theoretical LMG advantage is immediately taken away even when engaged in long distance.

People like you are why we never get good shotguns. The trade off for being the close range 1v1 king is you're bad at range, but nobody ever feels bad about killing the shotgunner from 20 feet away.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Divisions are supposed to add roles? I thought they were another form of perks? COD has never been designed for roles so I'm not sure what SH is thinking there.

I think it's more that they're moving away from the pick 10 system so you can't just load up on all the good perks.

I like the change because I think pick 10 leads to less diversity, not more. With pick 10 everyone just chooses all the old perk 2's that used to be mutually exclusive.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Wazzit posted:

I've been wanting to make one, I can also keep bugging Stu to make a new thread. Would like to see his take on this ~~NEW ERA OF COD~~.

Stu CoD OP's have been better than the actual game for years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
New thread is up, Stu killing it as always

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835226&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

• Locked thread