Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

This netcode is such garbage loving trash it makes MW3 look consistent.

What a motherfuckingly aggravating worthless waste of my time.

MWR seems to work better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

bug chaser chaser posted:

Why is search and destroy gone :psyduck:

This loving game

Today's patch hosed it up so it kicks people after 5 rounds, but we got combat records for all players now. Two steps forward one step back I guess.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Can you guys split up your party chat? You got 3 groups going with 8 people.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So this nearly 900mb patch just fixed a bunch of cosmetic poo poo and didn't bother to fix any of the major issues still present from the demo beta. If you don't have a player on your team that benefits from the netcode, you are so screwed.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They are well aware of it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I've had the game not give me Salvage for duplicate items.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

venutolo posted:

Can we please stop mentioning your bandwidth when talking about network connection? It is practically irrelevant. Call of Duty takes up so little bandwidth.

Online gaming in general uses very little bandwidth. It's more sensitive to your connection quality than anything.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This game also has a pitching machine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWpEvlgk0U&t=49s

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Reactive Armor in this game is the poo poo. I win so many gunfights I don't deserve to win.

The maps are really starting to grow on me. They don't seem to follow the 3 lane format as much as BO3's maps did.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

it might be stockholm syndrome but i am enjoying this game a lot more. i also have a very nice smattering of unlocks before my first prestige. there are no outright "i hate this map" maps (although many are underwhelming) but hotdog makes it all good

plus the groups i've been playing with have been fun, the DMR rules, i'm enjoying it. pls add nodes

Yeah, I'm liking this more than BO3.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So Throwback has a glitch where if you are piloting an APEX when halftime happens with a nuke weapon equipped, you can die in the next round, and earn the nuke with only a 9 killstreak.

It only works on that map for some reason.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

People said that MTU poo poo when MW3 came out as well. It doesn't work.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Goons might have more chances to get one if they played other game modes besides TDM.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That seems like a fair trade-off for infinite range.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

How the heck am I supposed to kill 3 people with a single Bull Charge? I'm almost done with Merc's challenges and I haven't put a dent into that one. Plus I gotta do it ten times.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Carecat posted:

New sniper spotted

Its fake.

https://twitter.com/JoeCecot/status/798662958695915520

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Anyone want to try playing MWR tonight?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

KBAR acts as a sub/AR hybrid with its higher RPM, makes it work out a little better with a rushing playstyle. However, the NV4 is stupidly easy to use due to its low recoil and long 4 shot kill range. Hope it sees a nerf in the first balance patch. Hipfire nerf maybe?

I think all the ARs could use a hip-fire nerf. If I'm using an SMG, I lose to a hip-firing AR quite frequently.

I hope they buff the Vulture as well. That thing can't even reliably kill Recruit difficulty bots.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Nothing like losing a match to a party from Venezuela. Why does this game keep rewarding people with higher pings?

We also had the game get stuck on a host migration. Dedicated servers working as intended!

Mill Village fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 17, 2016

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Someone did a netcode test. Host Pro is so good in this game, it gives the entire team an advantage!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKE_eaTb1TU

I stole these notes from Reddit.

4-bar is under 120ms of ping. 3-bar is under 175ms, 2-bar is under 220ms, and you're on 1-bar if you're over 220ms.

Both games use an hybrid system of dedicated servers and P2P servers.

When you play on a dedicated server, a client sends 100 updates per second to the server, but the server only sends 20 updates per send to the client (100/20 Hz).

When you play on a P2P server, the update rates are 100/10 Hz. As a matter of fact, BF1 and Overwatch use 60/60.

In optimal conditions (25ms ping to a dedicated server, 91 FPS without V-sync, zero packet loss, 1ms screen response time), the real latency is, in average, 100ms. This will be much higher on consoles due to 60 FPS V-sync, TV screens, and of course, higher delays to the hosts (dedicated or not).The variance in testing the delays shows a real problem in dealing with the latency - other games are much more consistent in that regard.

You can lag up to 500 ms and still have your hits registered, hence provoking some bad deaths far behind cover.
If you're the host on a P2P server, you can still hit players even if they're lagging up to 900 ms, leading to even more BS deaths!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

widespread posted:

Now my question is, is the reasoning behind this bullshit just cost-cutting measures? Because hearing that my dumb spaceman gambling simulator is running 100/20 Hz or 100/10 Hz, that actually sounds worrying to me. Why the gently caress can't consoles get proper PC-level refresh rates?

Activision is too loving cheap to bother putting money into developing better netcode. All they care about is the bare minimum to get people to buy microtransactions. Any exploit to get around their loot system gets squashed immediately, but everything else gets thrown aside (like stats and leaderboards). I was starting to enjoy this game, but after losing several games today because of Host Pro, I don't know what to think anymore.

Mister Macys posted:

I told you I wasn't crazy! I told you all!!

Also, for what it's worth, it's impossible to get a 1ms screen input lag unless you use a CRT. Current minimum via LCD/LED is 9ms, averaged from measuring the top, middle, and bottom.

COD is gonna make you crazy with all the yelling you keep doing.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

victrix posted:

Network tests:

Test your network and get your bufferbloat under control. I dropped my pings from ~130 cumulative up/down to ~40 cumulative up/down.

Just go here: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Run test, click Results, scroll down to Grade, look at the bufferbloat ping results chart.

Head to your router, clamp your upload/download speeds to less than your max. You'll have to fiddle with the numbers depending on your specific network setup, I have 100/100 up/down on fiber and clamping it to 70/5 for the PS4 went from this:

90 avg down/39 avg up

To this:

26 avg down/12 avg up

If you don't know what the hell any of that means, you can watch this, it might help explain it a bit, maybe not. Your specific router might not have speed adjusting built in (it's called Traffic Shaping on the Verizon router and allows specific up/down settings, it's done as a % slider on the Netduma, I don't know about others).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEOkZiSrEeU

Finally, if you don't have Open NAT for some reason, either a) DMZ your PS4 or b) port forward your PS4 (you can google the ports you need)

Also that dude reported that instead of dmzing or port forwarding, if you want to use UPnP, rebuilding the database on his PS4 and then launching BO3/IW let it open the ports and allow an Open NAT simply having UPnP enabled on their router. Don't ask me to explain that one (he also said launching an older CoD like Ghosts would always open it, wtf).

I did that test and got a big fat D for my blufferbloat. I have an average of 723ms of blufferbloat. :stare:

I was having problems with Comcast and the tech made me go back to their crappy router/modem combo unit. I cannot control my internet speeds with that so I'm going to buy a better modem so I can use the good router I have again.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Comcast in my area was way better when they first came out here. They got so many customers crammed into each junction box I wouldn't be surprised if that is also a factor.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So far all they've fixed is some cosmetic issues and supply drop key exploits.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Maybe if you have the season pass. Otherwise, it's more like half that. :emo:

No season pass here. I get 1.5 keys per game, 2+ if I do really well. I think my best so far is 3 keys in one game.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I might be on for that. Steamrolling pubbies in TDM is getting boring.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Not even IW can get Open NAT with their game. :laugh:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

He already did on the previous page.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3783276&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=22#post466536032

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

jase1 posted:

Currency exchange rates apply.

:vince:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Demolition is awesome when you don't face spawn trappers.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Carecat posted:

The cryo mine is hot garbage. It's a weaker stun grenade and with the extreme flanking in these maps you are way better with one you can just chuck.

Use it with a trip mine. You usually get 1-2 kills with each one. 3 if you're really lucky.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Target has the Legacy Edition for $54 this week. I figure this is from EA cutting the prices of BF1 and TF2.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Epic RAW is great. You can't reload it, but you can slap a battery on it and have infinite ammo.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

I did that test but under bufferbloat and speed it has a null response. :(

e: also my connection speed varies wildly based on which device I'm using. My personal laptop usually gets around 24-30mbps which isn't surprising considering it's older and running on a lovely standard wifi card. My PS4 is hardwired and can pull connections of anywhere from 6 to 80mbps and it's not predictable at all. My work computer is hardwired and it gets around 100mbps consistently so gently caress if I know which of these speeds I should use for traffic shaping. You'd think the ps4 would get about the same as the work computer since they're both hardwired and I just got the Pro so it should have high speed ethernet.

Guess I can try DMZ'ing or port forwarding

What modem do you have? It sounds like it's messing up. Your speeds should not be jumping around like that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

TP Link cable modem. When all else is inscrutable, there's always the "loving Comcast" angle to consider.

They make great modems, so its probably Comcast.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think we should try playing game modes besides TDM.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The streaks in this are way better than in Ghosts.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Puckish Rogue posted:

I like the dragon calling cards. I like getting them. The one I don't like is killing ground scorestreaks with aerial scorestreaks because what the gently caress.

I have 2/10 due to lucky scarab hits

Ghosts made you destroy airborne streaks with a Loki. You basically had to earn it, then purposefully die a bunch in hopes that somebody calls in a Chopper, then call in your Loki and somehow destroy it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Yeah, shooting first, hitting first, and dying first is sooo fun bro.

Game of the year, even.

You do way better at this game than me despite that. You should try tweaking the QOS settings on your router. It helped me a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Macy's wouldn't be playing it if he didn't enjoy it.

Someone completed all the Special Ops. The master calling card is pretty cool. Oh and the "I have no idea what I'm doing" challenge from Ghosts is one of them. The calling card for that is amazing. :allears:

https://mobile.twitter.com/StonewallTabor/status/801806853302812672

• Locked thread