Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

The fact that Activision commissioned this deep of a remaster speaks to the confidence that Activision has in Infinity Ward in 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QAROB00wKU

But hell, I'm buying because GCU/Prime discount and I want to dunk on kids with the RPD again. I just hope they don't go overboard with rebalancing, e.g. removing Stopping Power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

widespread posted:

Maybe Infinite Warfare is like that dumb blockbuster genre where all they care about is theatrics.

And even then it's still a maybe decent.

The MW2 campaign was essentially a playable Michael Bay movie, and it was alright.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

I find that every campaign in a CoD game is "What Republican hawks wish was the way their foreign policy worked."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPwZM7h1UE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR4vlp5yWKk

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

A bunch of info got leaked for Infinite Warfare MP! Weapon variants out of crates are back, and IW is doing a bunch of weird things to Create-a-Class (e.g. separating supers from your character, and there are "archetypes" for characters like medic, sniper, etc?)

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/wendellwobble/status/776542024484921344

The RPD sounded bad in the CoD XP footage, so this makes me happy.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mill Village posted:

The Beta test starts this weekend. Same pre-order and get a beta key shenanigans BO3's beta had. I'll just wait until they open it up to everyone to try it out.

http://charlieintel.com/2016/10/06/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-multiplayer-beta-content-announced/

Just put in an Amazon pre-order since they don't bill you until the game actually ships.

Oldish news, but you don't have to listen to the comically bad Russian announcer in MWR unless you wanna play Kill Confirmed.

https://twitter.com/wendellwobble/status/780787704208367616

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I think Infinite Warfare is okay, but it just feels "off" compared to BO3. A few assorted thoughts:

It's clear that IW tried to slow the game down to attempt to appeal to traditional CoD fans. Boosting has more weight than in BO3, and there's no Fast Hands perk to reduce sprint-out time. But boosting remains extremely powerful, heck, maybe even more powerful than in BO3. I've been boosting everywhere, mostly because being on the ground feels so slow. And this attempt to slow down the game is negated by the killhouse maps. While I wish BO3 played at a slower pace, I definitely prefer BO3's movement. And Titanfall 2 makes this game feel like molasses.

Weapon balance feels heavily tilted towards the SMGs mostly because the ARs I've tried aren't that much better at range. The KBAR is one of the two weapons I've really been using, but it's only a bit better at mid-range than an SMG and you need Quickdraw + Stock. Shotguns are worthless. Snipers are more of a problem than in BO3 because IW gave aim assist back to all snipers, there is minimal to zero flinch on snipers, and they gave the snipers quickdraw. BO3 did a good job at making sure most weapons were viable, and I just don't think that's the case so far in IW.

Miscellaneous: spawn logic is the complete opposite of BO3 where you can spawn trap people. Also you spawn off your teammates in a way that feels like Battlefield, not like CoD. And hit detection is incredibly consistent.

Unfortunately my PS4 ate the game where I had a 20+ kill streak on Frost where you can see the spawn system at work, so this will have to do. Also the motion blur is nowhere near this bad in actual gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r6qfKdAgig

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

MWR gameplay of Ambush and Vacant where the YouTuber shuts up after the first minute. Ambush looks way better with that lighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DdNecGFZU8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYIyr-dyFM

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

Watch Activision put the remaining CoD 4 maps in the first DLC installment :suicide:

At least it's been said that the remaining CoD4 maps are coming in a December update.

https://twitter.com/callofduty/status/771759678850080769

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

versus posted:

my ps4 says it doesn't have enough space to install both IW and MWR

MWR and IW take up 104 GB together. Since the PS4 starts complaining after 400 GB with the stock drive, the two games take up a quarter of your disk space.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Sometimes the Steel Dragon can be good?

https://giant.gfycat.com/YellowishBrilliantAlleycat.mp4

Since the stats in MWR are completely unchanged from CoD4, here are some of the weird stats that are in CoD4.
  • AK-47: red dot and silencer both reduce the minimum damage to 20
  • AK-74u: red dot and silencer increase the hipfire spread to AR spread instead of SMG spread; has AR bullet penetration instead of SMGS
  • SAW: grip reduces hipfire spread
  • MP5: equipping the M9 as your secondary gives you an extra magazine (same applies to the Uzi but don't use the Uzi)
  • G36: ADS sway is reduced when crouching or prone
  • M40: damage with ACOG increases to 75

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

JackGeneric posted:

Good luck figuring out that an enemy has their super before you die, because there are literally no audio cues, and the visual cues are worthless. I have newfound appreciation for all the work Treyarch did making supers easy to read at a distance.

Not knowing if someone has their super is one of my bigger complaints. The only ones I can tell are FTL and Phase Shift. The Equalizer is especially annoying because it's silenced, so you can't tell where an Equalizer is on the map by looking at the killfeed/map skulls. And it might be way harder to counter supers in IW as well because of a lack of weak points.

This is a nice segue to say that Kinetic Armor feels more powerful in this game. I don't think there's the headshot counter to Kinetic Armor in IW, and it feels like you can take more damage as well.

E: I just realized there's no semi-auto AR in the base game. All there is is a Volk variant and the M1. :wtc:

Godzilla07 fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 7, 2016

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Macys, this is what I meant by MWR spawns being bad.

https://giant.gfycat.com/GenerousOldAustralianshelduck.mp4

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Carecat posted:

https://imgur.com/a/WkuRo

Weapon stats from the official guide.

While it's not quite spreadsheets, it lines up pretty closely with my impressions and it confirms that ARs are the way to go in this game for me. Maybe I'll make a chart or two later tonight.

E:

widespread posted:

Please tell me what the units mean. I'm assuming feet right now.

Stated units are inches like they've always been.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Javes posted:

The perils of solo queue (note the 1-20 pubbie :negative:).

It may be placebo, but those Astro settings Fuzzy posted have made footsteps more distinct. I've been able to get the drop on people more often now due to soundwhoring. Also, I got the epic KBAR from a drop :getin:

agreed, pubbies are the worst

Mister Macys posted:

What about KBAR vs. Type-2?

KBAR is better than the Type-2 in AR mode within the KBAR's 4HK range, but outside of that the Type-2 is better. Akimbo mode might even things up with the KBAR up close.

Looking at those charts, I feel like I'm in very few mid to long-range gunfights in this game. I barely recall any times I've hit the Volk's 4HK range when unsuppressed. This feels especially weird to me since I always liked going for long-range gunfights in BO3.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

victrix posted:

Patch coming this weekend:

Volk getting nerfed (?!)

New gun variants coming

Hardpoint initial spawns getting tweaked to give a more even run for either team. Hardpoint general spawns will be tinkered with to adjust how far out you need to be from the point to stop nearby enemy spawns.

If you're planting, carrying a ball/flag/etc, your cloak drains 2x as fast (~4s cloak, no full defuse)

Bullcharge, Reaper, Reactive Armor will all drain faster while carrying objective

Rewind/Teleport will drop carried flag/ball

Bomb sites getting tweaked in S&D, Precinct, Scorch, Retaliation, Breakout, Frost, Throwback

Leaderboards are coming

More detailed Combat Record is coming

Fix for Prestige unlocking high level Rigs

:siren: Advanced UAV will reveal Ghost :siren:

the 3-year dev cycle did a lot of good here :iw: And I blame the ESPORTS community for the Volk nerf. The Volk is pretty good but I lose gunfights against other ARs up close on a regular enough basis, and I don't feel like I have to automatically use the Volk in sweat lobbies like I did with the M8 and VMP in BO3.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I have enough scrap to craft an orange and I don't know what to go for. All the really good oranges seem to be from the mission teams.

I loved the epic RPR from the beta, though it did apparently get nerfed from then. Also if you like semi-autos the epic Volk might be worth it because IW didn't add a normal semi-auto AR.

I finally got my Battle Beaver last night and it's getting returned. My hands cramp up hard, and my control in the air is worse than with Bumper Jumper. The controller is well-built and the Smart Triggers are really nice, but it's just not for me. My only options left are XIM or Elite + CronusMax, both of which are more expensive with significant drawbacks. :sigh:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

I think we should set up a gimmick run of everyone using Ghost - Cold Blooded - Dead Silence, and Silenced NV4s/RAWs.

I don't know if using one of the game's best setups - a silenced NV4 or RAW with Ghost - really counts as a gimmick. A real gimmick in IW would be using a whole team using shotguns.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I have also bought the latest game from Infinity Ward, Titanfall 2. Though I'll probably end up playing IW when I return tomorrow night for 2XP.

Looking at the stats I have, the Hailstorm has the exact same 3HK/4HK ranges as the R3K. And from the numbers and playing impressions, I don't see much of a point to SMGs in IW? The KBAR and ARX can hang with SMGs within their optimal ranges, and you're not much of a threat at midrange with the recoil and aim assist nerf.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Orbital and I need friends. Come play this mediocre game with us.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Why does Double XP feel off? Match bonuses and challenges are not doubled. :iw:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

IW plays faster because of changes in weapon handling and map design. My SPM is probably a solid 75-100 points higher in TDM than it was in BO3. Overall I'm having fun with IW but that's mostly because of playing with goons. On my own, I'd rather play MWR in spite of its problems, or Titanfall 2. If you find IW for half-off, it's fine.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mill Village posted:

There's a RAW and an NV4 nerf coming. :negative:

I think the weapon balance is pretty good overall, so I'm not thrilled about these changes. The Volk is useless now.

This is surprising because the ESPORTS community doesn't know about the RAW because they don't use LMGs, and the KBAR outclasses the NV4 in short range. I'd rather IW buff other weapons because there are a lot of weapons that have no reason to be used (no unique fun factor, duplicate roles.)

I will also second Titanfall 2 and I hope the rest of you will join me this weekend during the free weekend.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/TheXclusiveAce/status/804441772931678212

And apparently you can't rank up post-patch because XP doesn't count. :iw:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

trash person posted:

Is anyone else not that bummed by the crate/daily bonus system? Maybe it's because I'm not poopsocking this game.

I plan on playing it on and off til the next CoD comes out and the pace of my progress/the guns and poo poo I've gotten are leaving me pretty satisfied.

I do have the season pass so that may be why I'm chill with the daily bonuses lol

Crates are here to stay since at CoD's scale, there are more than enough whales willing to pay. Hell, I'd be fine with guns locked behind boxes if the map packs were free. But map packs aren't free, duplicates seem to be high already, and box-only weapons will probably be released with DLC 1. Plus I don't know if anyone will get enough salvage to unlock more than a handful of Epics via that system. Variants are more fun than useful right now, but it's still depressing knowing that you're not going to play with them unless the RNG gods bless you.

Anyone on PS4 is free to join me in exile with Titanfall 2's free weekend tonight.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Whoever is still playing should come join me, revotfel and Jacs before we go insane carrying the utter dregs of pubbies

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

:frogc00l: Stream starts at 2:23:49.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Puckish Rogue posted:

i clicked the cod tv thing on the game and am watching a bunch of guys using the OSA over and over.

i did see a k-bar once but mostly just OSA's.

Oh look another OSA.

AFAIK the mechanics of "competitive CoD" make it so that it's SMGs or die, and the OSA and KBAR are the best SMGs in the game. And I tuned into the stream for a minute and the Uplink ball got stuck in the map geometry. :iw:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

victrix posted:

This assumes you have a controller you can shoot and slide at the same time with of course :v:

Sliding is way easier to do with a normal controller since you can just use Tactical and not give up anything with the removal of panic knifing. Heck, I have a pro controller and still use Tactical for sliding.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

mfny posted:

I'm tempted to double dip for COD IW/MW:R, already have on Bone, thinking of getting for PS4. Am I a broken person ?

If you're gonna buy multiple copies of a game, it should actually be good. Also the PS4 goon community is on life support only a month after launch. Compare this to BO3 which had a regular party running nightly through the summer and even grew as XB1 people joined us.

You should instead spend your money on Titanfall 2, a cool and good video game that has goons playing on XB1 at least.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

People want good CoD games, and conflate boots on the ground with good CoDs since CoD4/MW2/BO2 were boots on the ground and there's only been 1 well-liked jetpack CoD to date. TBH it doesn't matter because so many people buy CoD on reflex each year, and if you removed jetpacks, the kids who grew up with them would complain instead. Personally I like the current movement system, and I'd be really happy if any Afterburner-like perk was removed from the game.

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/807288483454693384

this would be cool if you received XP for unlocking attachments, and got a kill counter instead of phone charms for your guns

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Phase Shift is pretty fun to use offensively!

https://giant.gfycat.com/DetailedPaleBream.mp4

EDIT: Full patch notes. I thought my shot was a little off this afternoon with the RAW but that was because of the patch. The recoil increase is noticeable but not a big deal, especially if you're using the VMC. R3K is now out of the trash tier, and the Volk felt decent again though I haven't had much time with it.

quote:

Zombies in Spaceland

• Update to kick timing
• MP unlocked camos from challenges are unlocked in both public and custom games in Zombies now.
• Added player nameplates
• Zombies Fix for crafting stations no longer working if a player disconnected while the machine was currently crafting.

Objective and CWL
Map Adjustments

Precinct
Uplink: moved start spawns on Garden side. Moved goal in Garden. Removed some aggressive rooftop resets around the Garden goal. Removed some 15 sports on the map.
Search and Destroy: Moved B bombsite to under Contruction
Frost
Search and Destroy - Moved A bombsite towards mid-map on the cliff lane
Moved Bomb pickup location closer to taem spawns by Cryo
Throwback
Search and Destroy: Moved A bombsite under the bridge at Bike Path . Moved B bombsite up against Silo.
Uplink: Throwing the ball straight up doesn't result in a reset. Goal near Concession adjusted slightly.
Scorch
Search and Destroy: Moved B bombsite closer to Drill. Moved ball spawns for Uplink and Defender
Breakout
Search and Destroy: Moved A bombsite to Showers. Moved B bombsite to Cliff Road near Medical
Uplink: Removed some aggressive rooftop resets around the Cell Block rooftops to allow the ball to be thrown over
Retaliation
Search and Destroy: Moved A bombsite to Bridge

Synaptic Traits Adjustments - CWL Rules ONLY

Combat Burst: Time speed bonus remains active is 3s for CWL

Propulsion: CWL RULES ONLY Time before thrusters start to recharge increased slightly. time for thrusters to recharge increased significantly. Changes put the trait more inline with Afterburner from BO3

Rushdown: CWL RULES ONLY 2.5s delay added to recharge time. Time between dodges is no 7.5s. Reduced speed and distance dodged slightly.

FTL Trait Adjustments - CWL ONLY

Power Slide: Extra slide distance removed

CTF
Exploit fixed. Will return next week.

Uplink
Slight adjustment to release angle and force behind throwing the drone
This will allow the drone the be thrown a little farther and feel friendlier
The goal 'pickup' radie to grab the drone has been increased slightly to make throws feel a little friendler to score
Make sure you head into Custom Games and turn on Practice Mode to get a feel for it!

Hardpoint
Revised Hardpoint spawn logic.

Weapon Balance

Mauler - Mammoth - Recoil increase
R.A.W. - Increased hip spread. Slight recoil increase.
Fists - No longer force a quick swap when in the secondary slot. This allows YY'ing to feel smoother.
DMR-1 - Now a 1 shot kill to the head
EBR-800 - Increased ADS recoil return speed to help with shot recovery
Akimbo - Slight reduction in damage range. Increase in hip spread scale
Kendall 44 - Increased hip spread
Hornet - Increased hip spread
Assault Rifles - Increased base hip spread for all ARs without special hip spread values. This includes the NV4, OSA, Type-2.
OSA - No longer has reduced hip spread relative to other Assault Rifles. Inherits the new values set on Assault Rifles in this patch. Increased recoil to compensate for high fire rate being used at range.
Kbar-32 - Increased hip spread values. These are still lower than the base Assault Rifle hip spread keeping with the weapon's theme. No longer has a reduction in recoil off the first shot. Reduced 5 shot kill range.
Volk- Slight reduction in recoil. Increased 3 shot range.
R3K- Increased 3 shot kill range to help this weapon compete with other ARs

Godzilla07 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 10, 2016

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I can't even get my hate mail addressed to me; it goes to revo instead. :smith:

Here are post-patch stats. As an aside, I got the Spearhead R3K variant out of a box last night, and while the Rapid Fire is nice, there is significant recoil within the burst. You trade the ability to pick people off from headglitches and distance for close-range proficiency.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I bet the justification is "but it's still 4 kills for a UAV if you use Hardline in TDM, the most popular game mode!" Also it's now 7 kills for a UAV in Dom.

And the real injustice will be when a usable shotgun is added to MWR via supply drops only.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

bob i love you but you're bringing me down

This is a good segue to announce that for people who are losing their edge but don't wanna play Dad CoD, there will be a no double-jump mode TDM this weekend.

https://twitter.com/InfinityWard/status/809113355730358272

also for you poopsockers who got Dark Matter for every weapon including DLC ones, there's a new BM AR in BO3

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/809156551164379136

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

mfny posted:

Sent a request as S1Nx81.

Got to say I'm liking MW:R more then IW the more I play both. IW unfortunately really doesn't have the feel of a well put together game MP wise. Blops 3 was good in this respect and I think Treyarch is now the "A team" studio wise for me at least.

My speculation: Ghosts 2 got cancelled so one year from the 3 YEAR DEV CYCLE went out the window. Then IW spent their time budget on single player and zombies while waiting on orders from Activision about whether to copy Black Ops 3 for MP. MWR does show its age with the speed of the game and the various quality of life improvements made in CoD since 2007, but I think the maps and gunplay are both significantly ahead of IW. (P.S. everybody I wouldn't mind if we just played Black Ops 3 for another year)

I am beginning to truly despise Frontier now that pubbies are turtling up specifically on that map. It's so closed that you can't just jump straight over the pubbies and there's only really one lane of attack. Mid-map is clunky as well.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

victrix posted:

Using the Longbow after golding the EBR was like taking off training weights

What's the purpose of the EBR again? I think it's supposed to be like the Barrett of old games but you can't spam the trigger? It definitely didn't feel as good as the Longbow when I used the old Epic EBR I got from a box.

MWR.gif :v:

https://fat.gfycat.com/OblongOrangeIraniangroundjay.mp4

BTW for all 3 of you that play MWR in this thread, Raven did bring flinch down to CoD4 levels, and footstep levels are back to CoD4 (Dead Silence is really muffled footsteps and soundwhoring is pretty effective.) I was able to soundwhore my way to this score tonight.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

the ICR was middle-of-the-road in BO3 yet now it's one of the three top-tier guns in IW :psyduck:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Infinite Warfare sales are down 50% year-over-year from Black Ops 3. And that's with MWR! To boot, CoD nominally held the top spot in NPD for revenue but the Pokemon games combined would be #1 with Pokemon selling for way less than CoD.

And here's ranges for IW shotguns. If you insist on running a shotgun, Suppressor is a good choice since you only lose 5% range and Long Barrel only adds 10% range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

How many pellets does each need for the ohk? It's a little disingenuous to show the KRM, because that required all eight pellets to hit for half its ohk range.

The chart assumes you hit all pellets, so he put the KRM hitting all pellets to level it with the IW shotguns.

• Locked thread