Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

If the code is 4-5-4 characters, it is redeemed on the COD website, while if it's 4-4-4 characters, it's for PSN.

PSN codes are always region locked because of how PSN is designed (three different Playstation Stores for Americas, EU+ME+AUS+NZ, rest of Asia). COD website keys are not region locked, the website lets you pick a region after you redeem it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

trash person posted:

Neither of those games is fitting the shootman shaped hole in my life. My dumb question is, how different is Infinite Warfare compared to Blops 3? Like, should I pony up for the new game or is it not terribly different? I'm not worried about the Blops 3 player base dropping too much, I know people will play that in droves til Blops 4 comes out.

Additionally, as someone who never played Modern Warfare, would the remaster of that still entertain?

Infinite Warfare is a copy of Black Ops 3 with lovely maps and pay-to-win microtransactions. But nobody is here to play that, everyone is going to play Modern Warfare Remastered and this will be the last Call of Duty game that will sell well.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Frontier didn't have any spots where the movement system even made sense, it would work on a COD game without the boost abilities. I only remember one spot where you had to double jump and you could just put stairs in there.

Frontier is also one of the worst COD maps ever.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Legacy Edition went on sale on European PSN for €65 (normal price €90 what the gently caress) and I am getting tempted to get MWR for just five europeans above a normal game's price. Maybe IW's campaign is worth that five euros.

But looking at this thread everyone seems to be playing the space poo poo instead of the good poo poo. Is MWR actually bad?

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I went and bought this stupid game. $54 on US PSN for lovely space COD including the other COD I actually want was an OK deal. I'm expecting standalone Modern Warfare Remastered to launch full price anyway, so might as well take a deal.

I heard the campaign in space COD was good so it's not totally a waste!

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Ugh, every game in MWR feels like playing against MLG superstar pros that have memorized every good spot to throw a grenade. I want a standalone version of this poo poo already so noobs will buy it.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Leveling up in Modern Warfare Remastered seems much slower than I'm used to in a COD game. They're locking some challenges behind level ups which might be an explanation.

And I wonder who thought Shipment was a good idea.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Stux posted:

dont buy infinity ward CoDs

Buy Modern Warfare Remastered, then don't buy any other CoDs ever again

...until Modern Warfare 2 Remastered is out.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I wonder when they'll start screwing with Modern Warfare Remastered. It's definitely the better game and if they start selling it separately it will outsell Infinite Warfare for sure.

Having MWR with no microtransactions be more popular than IW with them is not good for Activision, even if people spent $80 to get MWR (already went down to $54 on US PSN Black Friday, which is when I bought it). They want whales spending thousands of dollars on loot boxes, not just an extra $20 for a special edition.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I quit Blops 3 when the loot boxes got new guns. gently caress that poo poo. Any COD game with microtransaction loot boxes is a COD game I will not play.

I wonder if supply drops are the thing that is finally killing the series, nobody seems to like them. Black Ops 3 sold well but it didn't have guns in drops until a few months from launch.

I'm playing MWR now, I guess they'll ruin this game with those loot boxes soon enough. Maybe after the standalone release is out.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

So there's no guns in the supply drops in MWR... yet.

But I know better than that. I'm going to save my credits until the guns get added. I just know it will happen, it happened in the last 3 COD games.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

My MWR update was only 9 GB.

I seem to be getting about 1.5 depot credits per match which is worse than cryptokeys in Blops 3. Their microtransaction greed is already showing. Like I said, I am just going to save all my credits until the guns are added, because there will be guns.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

So Modern Warfare Remastered is getting new guns. This looks like BO3 Haymaker. Some dudes on Reddit are saying the gun just got new texture files in a recent update. They're definitely working on this gun.

I guess I have to prepare my wallet for microtransactions now. Still saving my free drop credits for when the guns are added to supply drops, because obviously that's where they will be.

Superanos fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 15, 2016

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

It's funny that if this was Ghosts 2 it would have likely sold better because it wouldn't have had boost jumping and wallrunning, the things the COD community really doesn't like any more.

Introducing Tactical TDM seems to be acknowledging the problem. Sledgehammer won't be making Advanced Warfare 2. If it's too far into development to change AW2 to something else, Treyarch won't be doing advanced movement in Black Ops IV.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I wish they did Shipment 24/7 on MWR during double XP, like they always do Nuketown 24/7 in the Black Ops games. Would help with leveling up quite a bit.

MWR is really showing how much they've sped up leveling in the new games. I've played 15h now and I'm at level 46 - if it wasn't for Shipment I'd be at around 40.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I'm just hoarding my Depot Credits (MWR's "Keys") until they add the guns in. Got 187 credits now and I bet I'm still not going to get any guns out of all the drops I will open.

Also Winter Crash 24/7 is up on MWR. I wish they did Winter Shipment instead :( leveling up is so slow, 15 hours of play and still no prestige

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

And as I complain about leveling being slow, this happens.

drat, I'm going to quit every game that isn't on Shipment, gotta get those prestiges.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

And your free gift contains an exploit for unlimited keys!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Infinitewarfare/comments/5jpeb7/purchase_unlimited_keys_for_free/

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is there an actual community on console for the MW remake multiplayer or is it totally dead? I am considering getting the PS4 legacy pack because its on sale, and 25$ each seems good for IW and the remake.

Yes, there is a large player base on PS4, and should be a big one on Xbox One too. Just avoid the PC version.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

WELPPpppppppppppppppppp

Do you still have access to other COD games? It may be a good time to play an actually good COD game like Black Ops 3.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

BobbyBaudoin posted:

gently caress this, gonna go back to blops 3 and MWR. If any of you want to play that just send me an inv.

Modern Warfare Remastered is going to get a "Big Update" of its own on January 17th. Probably guns in supply drops and all kinds of other stuff that can make Activision more money!

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I stopped playing Blops 3 when the supply drop guns happened and decided to never buy a COD again.

Then they came up with Modern Warfare Remastered and I bought it when legacy edition went on a PSN sale for $54 in December :(. Then they put supply drops in a loving remastered game and decided to never buy a COD again.

Then they went back to WW2... and I know they'll gently caress it with supply drops and now I know better, no buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I still miss the days of PS3 Black Ops 2. Because the PS3 had no party voice chat, people used the in-game chat which means that the rage mic feature worked.

Every time I killed someone in a party of tryhards, I could feel their rage as they swear at me furiously.

Party chat killed rage mics :(

• Locked thread