Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Let me see if I can get this straight: Everyone is suddenly up in arms now (instead of, say, after the Modern Warfare 4 Ghosts reveal) about Call of Duty being too samey and unoriginal, but at the same time they're extremely excited about the HD remaster of the decade old CoD that everybody played. ... Also, Battlefield 1 will be much better despite the fact that, if every released video is any indication, the WWI setting is purely an aesthetic thing and the game seems to have less meaningful differences from Bad Company 1/2/3/4 (both in game modes and gameplay) than- get this- Hardline.

To me it feels like we are starting to get to the point of saturation with "near-future" shooters like we had with WW2 shooters almost a decade ago. Enough time has passed that having a game set in WWI is enough to stand out from the crowd and draw in people like me who don't pick up every iteration of Battlefield.

I do wish they would keep that mode from Hardline where all the flags were vehicles and you had to drive them around the map to hold them. That was some of the best dumb fun I've had in a while.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Also, they're furious that the CoD4 remaster isn't being sold as a standalone, despite the fact that Activision did this exact same thing with packaging their CoD1 remaster with MW2 before selling the latter as a standalone almost immediately.

It didn't feel like you were buying MW2 just to get CoD1 - it was just a neat bonus on top of getting a game you already wanted. Activision has said that there are no plans to release CoD4 Remastered standalone, which at least implies that they putting them together just to increase the pre-orders of Infinity. Hell, they even are tacking on a zombies mode to an IW CoD thus beating that dead horse to a pulp for the sake of interesting some fans. As a person who used to enjoy the Zombies mode in Treyarch games, I couldn't care less about it now that every CoD going forward is likely to have it.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Halo and Destiny suck and I want something to replace that sci-fi shooter that I crave.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Titanfall 2 will be the best shooter this year anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Alteisen posted:

Crazy how these games continue to be played despite being the same circlejerk of Skylers endlessly quickscoping.

You'd think you guys would be bored by now.

Fixed that for you.

• Locked thread