Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shitposting 24/7 without regrets. my parents would be proud.

Mill Village posted:

New gameplay video from Comic Con. Still don't understand what the bitching is about. Looks like COD to me. Spaceship combat looks great.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_8_8LAi4I

Zombies confirmed as well. No videos til next month. RIP Extinction

Hope we see multiplayer soon.

as someone who didnt like BO3 and liked AW and even was meh with ghosts. I honestly am excited for this one. I mean i am sure i will like titanfall 2 more(titanfall 1 is one of my favorite multiplayer games) but the campaign looks fun(having a couple of naughty dog people leading it is awesome) and i love low-fi scifi with big Human wars. plus i get my favorite cod completely remade as a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

It's the dying dream of a cyber wizard. What's so hard to understand?

yep. your "living" through the corrupted memories of stabler but with faces and names changed. and then AM shows up. its an intersting idea and it has a ambiguous
dream like quality to it. but at the end of the day, the game feels meh because "you" accomplished nothing. it feels like the writing of far cry 3 where they tried to make it way "deeper" then it needed to be. its why i liked AW alot better. it was a simple but decent plot and kevin spacey hams it the gently caress up making it great. even ghosts as crap as it is, at least you have some funish set pieces. BO3 has jack poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at Jul 31, 2016 around 05:29

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

fivegears4reverse posted:

Your reading doesn't make any sense.

Modern Warfare is actually "What happens if Republican hawks get what they wish for and are not prepared to handle it." Like seriously, NOTHING goes well for anyone in Modern Warfare except maybe for Russia, which escapes any real reprisals for the carnage it inflicts around the world. If MW as a whole was a Republican fantasy, the US invasion would have been handled the day it happened, we would have been the ones to nuke the Russians without any consequences, and we would have actually gone on that rampage through Russia that was hinted at by the end of the DC missions in MW2. Instead, pretty much every US main character dies in some overly dramatic but ultimately needless way, and ultimately the loving British save the world having donated all their spiritual energy to Captain Price in the final battle against Makarov's Perfect Form.

That aside, the first three CoDs were "Michael Bay's WW2", Blops 1 and 2 are the "Hey guys maybe Treyarch isn't total garbage, BTW do you like alternate history" era, and now we're in the "Hey You Do Know That Videogames Are Supposed To Be Fun" era, starting around the time of Ghosts (which still fits the theme because you are supposed to ask yourself "Am I actually having any fun at all" when playing Ghosts")

pretty much. BO2 and ghosts were probaly the most neocon conservative in their campains for various lovely reasons. but yeah what your saying reminds me of what yhatzee said about MW3, how would their even be a consequence free peace if russia basically committed WW2 level war crimes, like nerve gassing most of europe and destroying the US east coast. Russia would be hosed worse then germany was after WW1.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_WjYh-r9rg

campaign trailer. looks pretty good. Jon Snow is a space fascist.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

IDGAF about multiplayer, I just want CoD in Space.

Same. I am not a fps competition multiplayer person. I just want my giant space campaign.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Can't wait to get my hands on this game!

honestly i am pretty pumped for it. at least for the campaign. plus it comes with modern warfare remaster. 2 good games.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

Did they say if they were abandoning co-op campaign? Because I really feel that the repetitive boss/arena poo poo really ruined an otherwise neat Twilight Zone-esque story.
Bring back my single-player optimized, scripted thrill ride please.

yeah. co-opt was never in the picture for this one. its just big dumb adventure with blazko, those 2 people from killzone shadowfall(the helghast agent and the dickhead CO) fighting against Jon Snow and and the space nazis.

its weird because i liked the concept of BO3 story. its was just shittly done and it made everything kinda meaningless. sorta. you were basicaly playing a dudes memories with details and faces switched around.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at Sep 16, 2016 around 20:55

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

How bad/good is the multiplayer so far? i am one of those sad fucks who buys cod for the singleplayer because its my equivalent to a summer blockbuster/guilty pleasure.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

1stGear posted:

Hey guys how's the SP?????

its ok. the universe feels pretty fleshed out at least for cod game and the characters are good for the most part. game is loving bleak as gently caress at points though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is the SP all campaign or are the side missions cool and good that give you more poo poo to play with in SP/MP?

the side missions are either space fighter missions which are pretty fun if arcady and or ship boarding mission which fun enough. the SP is pretty fun, the story is ok and the characters(mostly your crew is good, ethan the robot is pretty boss) personally i like it so far more then AW but its not Cod 4 level greatness(least so far). the universe is pretty fleshed out for a cod game and it kinda feels like how i picture war between humans is in the alien universe. its pretty low-fi but there are lasers and pulse rifles.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Skeezy posted:

How's Jon Snow in the game? He cool. Good villain or what?

he is alright. he is pretty generic, usual "fascist/strong survive, compassion and care is weakness/kill all who oppose" type of villain. he is basically playing the opposite of john snow. the SETDEFF is pretty one demintional. they are basically like zeon or the helghast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

beat the campaign, it was interesting to say the least. its alright even really good in parts but the main "chapters" feel to short for there own good. the side missions are decent though somewhat repetitive(though not mafia 3 level of repetitiveness) the story is alright(though it could have been longer and fleshed more stuff out) but your crew is cool and pretty likable. the game gets bleak as gently caress in the last 3rd(its basically if the last 5 min of MW1 were stretched out over 1 or 2 hours) but it works with the theme the game is going for. SDF could have been fleshed out more. their design is kinda cool but they dont do much other then be retardly evil and socialy darwinistic. Snow doesn't really do anything except kinda be there and evil.

• Locked thread