Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Advanced Warfare brought me back to Call of Duty thanks to the Gung Ho perk - i'm the rear end in a top hat who tries to play CoD like its Quake.

I only played a handful of BO3 because the campaign was so horrifically awful.

Infinite Warfare's got me back on the needle again. All I really need is sticks and stones to return, then I'd truly be the happiest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

if you wanted to play cod like quake and you skipped bo3...

im sorry

From my laypersons eyes I can't see a huge difference between IW and BO3 in terms of playstyle.

I get burnt out on the yearly churn, but every so often COD hooks me back in. I prestiged in the first Modern Warfare, then hated MW2 due to killstreaks being overpowered (in my eyes). Black Ops brought me back, particularly with the brilliant hourly and daily challenges. Happy to see a version of these back in IW.

Modern Warfare 3's ability to play as support and actually USE some of the killstreaks kept me happy. Black ops 2 went for some bullshit score-based killstreaks, which meant that i never got to use any killstreaks whatsoever since I mainly play Free For All (with the occasional jump into objective based modes. Don't like TDM much at all.)

My tastes are very different than most, admittedly.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

UAV is 500? Goddamnit.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Are season passes worth it? I could return my disk copy of the legacy edition and shell out for the full package on the ps4 - and it would only cost me like twenty bucks. I've never bought a multiplayer season pass so....?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The only goon-based multiplayer I've done is mario kart. Who do I friend to join the Infinite Warfare circle jerk?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

mfny posted:

PS4 or Bone ?

PS4 this go round.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I basically missed Black Ops 3, so I'm okay with Infinite Warfare basically being that game + a handful of improvements.

Do the mission team objectives help with overall XP, or is it just some nominal grindy bull for random variant weapons?

Because I've been doing my usual Free For All and Team Deathmatch and my level progress inches along.

Agree 100% about Advanced Warfare's weird clumsy boosting. I loved the addition of the double jump that really opened up the maps (That greek hotel thing level was pure magic).

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Now that I'm using the synaptic's ability for a speed burst after every kill I see why one-kill melees are no longer a thing. As it is I've paired that ability with the dual submachine guns and I'm much much improved. I am a whirling dervish of awful hip firing death.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Are y'all PS4 or Xbone?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

How much of the COD user base migrates to the newest title each year? Like are there still people booting up Advanced Warfare?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

BrokenKnees posted:

You could probably still find people playing AW today, you might not be as lucky for specific playlists, but there's people.

I assume it might be a little different between IW and BLOPS3 though, given how much hatred the fan community has thrown at IW this past year. Throw in the lack of any truly gamechanging features....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

PS4 or Xbone?

• Locked thread