Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So what are the chances we'll see a MW2 remake with the next game? Or do you think Activision has learned it's lesson and is already making Sledgehammer or whoever is up next in line to make a WW1 based Call of Duty so they won't have too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I enjoyed Blops 3 for having a co-op campaign that you can gently caress around in. Plus the story was funny in how seroiusly it took itself and thought it was so deep

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

You know i'm glad that it seems like that the developers of COD are finally starting to share the good ideas/features their games that had been pretty much exclusive to each one for years now.

But i'm sad that it's only happening because Blops 3 makes mad cash with supply drops so they are doing it just for the sake of more microtransaction money.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Mill Village posted:

Actually Advanced Warfare got the whole microtransaction thing going. Activision made a shitload of money from that. At launch, BO3's microtransactions were only cosmetic, but they weren't doing so hot so Activision made Treyarch put weapons into supply drops.

That's true i had forgotten that. But the controversy of the supply drops didn't really start until BLOPS 3 when people started complaining about the supply drop only weapons. All that news of it encouraging underaged minors to gamble and all that BS :rolleyes:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I'm personally awaiting the complaints of Juggernaut to come back More specifically the quickscoping crowd that can't their sick kills for their montage because of it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Assuming they keep up the remake trend and don't just immediately about face and set the next COD in WWI/WW2 and we get a WaW remake, then here's hoping that by 2018 when IW gets another go at a game that we get MW2 Remastered.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

housefly posted:

I'm pretty sure you're right. I remember them saying they wouldn't be ready for launch but that they would be included. Besides, dlc 1 for iw won't be ready until February I'm sure.

Oh man are we finally going to get DLC that's actually worth the price content wise?

Assuming of course they are going to be adding in new guns,new maps for IW,possibly more of the COD 4 maps for Remaster, on top whatever they are going to do with Zombies?

Sounds like a lot of content for 15 at least.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

housefly posted:

Uh...what? I was agreeing with Javes that I remember hearing something about the remaining cod4 maps being free for everyone who owns mwr. The second part was to say that they likely wouldn't pull a "pay-for" since the first dlc for infinite warfare won't be released until February and the remaining cod4 maps are being released next month.

But regardless, the dlc will assuredly not be worth the money. Blops didn't add guns. It was just 1 map for zombies and 4 maps (mostly not great maps at that) for mp.

I could have swore the DLC packs added some extra guns as well in Blops 3? Or am i thinking of Advanced Warfare again?

Well if that's the case then i suppose it's business as usual :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Mister Macys posted:

I'm saying they're intentionally loving poo poo players by restricting their streak access.

Especially when levelling speed is contingent on performance.
I mean, come on; when was the last CoD to basically have non-stop double XP since launch? It's been three weeks and it's still going.

I want to say it was Modern Warfare 2 that had double XP turned on for maybe a map pack release or something and then they just didn't turn it off for literal months. It was kinda ridiculous.

• Locked thread