Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You can collect new guns and upgrades for them, but there isn't any kind of "find these because you're an OCD loser" collectible that I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Go play MWR if you feel like TTK is too quick. I'm over there one-bursting fools through walls with my Stopping Power/Deep Impact M16. :v:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Wrong topic.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Reyes being unaware of how doofy he sounds at any given point is part of the charm, and I'll take it because it makes the rest of the character dialogue immediately recognizable as Good Stuff. Since the entire story is basically a self-contained and drawn out epiphany to Reyes that he is, in fact, doofy and bad at leading people, I think it fits even better.

Things to improve on:
- Lol one loving day are you making GBS threads me IW. Those cruisers don't get built in two days; Earth is hosed.
- Badass female lead please.
- The correct answer to "how do I destroy this walking tank" is not "jump on its shoulder and tear its guns off with your bare hands". It's okay to do it once, it's not okay to do it four times.
- Side missions really should not be optional. Since they are, nothing important can actually happen during them, and there is no danger except a loading screen. Plus, if they're not optional you can do cool intros and outtros to them instead of "Hey all the bad guys are dead, yay!" fade to black.

Things that were actually good:
- Almost all of the dialogue.
- Weapons were cool and good, and having different weapons be good against different enemies is also cool and good, within reason.
- Side Missions were fun, if a bit repetitive.
- Space fights were awesome

I really enjoyed this one, and am really annoyed that apparently this is the one that ended up not performing well after years of future- and modern-based games.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I like the SDF more than I would have liked aliens. Alien human cultures can be pretty interesting, and I think the SDF could have been that if we had more information on their homefront activities than "uses child soldiers but not birth control".

• Locked thread