Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Godzilla07 posted:

A bunch of info got leaked for Infinite Warfare MP! Weapon variants out of crates are back, and IW is doing a bunch of weird things to Create-a-Class (e.g. separating supers from your character, and there are "archetypes" for characters like medic, sniper, etc?)

gently caress weapon variants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Superanos posted:

Infinite Warfare is a copy of Black Ops 3 with lovely maps and pay-to-win microtransactions. But nobody is here to play that, everyone is going to play Modern Warfare Remastered and this will be the last Call of Duty game that will sell well.

They still have MW2 remastered to prop up the next game.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It has to survive a Sledgehammer installment so if they had planned WaW remastered to combat Battlefield 1 it would have been smart. They could save MW2 remastered for the next Infinity Ward.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
If they could make the season pass free for the PC it would be great. It's impossible to play those maps outside a few weeks of their release.

Also having a rotating mode of the day where you get more XP so anything other than TDM is populated. I'm stunned they still haven't done this already but hey who cares about anything other than metacritic and microtransactions?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Will MWR manage a higher multiplayer count than the base game at some point?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Oh dear

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The Payload weapons are there to ruin your attempts to get high cost scorestreaks :(

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I'm not surprised it has issues. A lot of things changed in sequels for a reason.

But maybe they should have considered "just like you remembered" means within an hour of playing you start shouting "gently caress now I remember this poo poo!"as you disappear under a wave of martyrdom, triple frags and quick scopes.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
My login bonus was... a single key. Only 29 to go!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
In COD attachment tradition the foregrip attachment doesn't work. Who knows what else is bugged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFZTLkm0Nc

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
You don't always get given the salvage when open the crates. Sometimes it actually removes salvage :iw:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

quote:

PATCH NOTES:

MULTIPLAYER:

Fixes for Medals
General fixes for Infected mode
Removing CTF Flags in Winner’s Circle; adjusted session state change for games where there’s no kill cam
Map exploits (we know some of you are reporting one on Genesis; we’re working on it)
Removal of Taunts that weren’t supposed to be unlocked
Localization formatting fixes
Adjusted a challenge to correctly reference Propulsion rather than Rushdown
Fixed typos
Adjusted the challenge for killing players in the air just a tinnnny bit more lenient
EAK ADS fire fix
Fixed an issue where the 2nd player in splitscreen would not earn any Mission Team Progress
Added a sound for tripmine projectile
Fix for Synaptic death going through the ground
Add a win to the top 3 players in FFA modes for leaderboard stats and show victory on the final win/lose/tie HUD
Created more contract between the 3 Scorestreaks that are selected versus the ones that are disabled
Adjusted points for score per bomb plant
Fixed accessory collision on the R.A.W.
Adjusted a Frontline spawn point on Riot due to intersection geometry
Fix for previews of Mission Team emblems when they were still locked
Adjusted gun camos
FFA score increase from 50 to 100
Fixed the collision of the strap on the Karma from glitching through the other side of the gun
DMR-1 – Epic- No longer supports the Variable Zoom Scope
Enlarged the collision shape on cosmetics to prevent clipping with various weapons
Fix for one extra frame of latency that was appearing in the muzzle flashes
Fixed a bug where bots wouldn’t pick up crates in Drop Zone
Fixed a bug where the Stinger would lock on to your own Killstreaks in FFA
Fix for S&D crash
Better win conditions that will prevent draws in Reinforce
Combat Burst duration tuning for CWL
CWL – adjustments to recipe for correct Payload charge and score rates
Fixed one known issue with framerate on Xbox One and various performance improvements – if you’re still experience this, please let us know
Added Infected mode
Adjustment to the Warden Killstreak on Breakout
Pick 10 points are now blue
Added ability to see the chosen Rig and mini combat record of others players in a lobby
ZOMBIES:

Fix for pap zappers having no ammo after you pick them back up off the standee
Fix for pap zappers not having camo after putting back on the standee
Fix for Brute having his helmet on incorrectly after removing it after he grabbed a zombie
Fix for zombies who “walk on air”
Fixes for certain cards with the Alien Fight
Front end camera transition fixes
Fix for the croc mouth (sometimes it wouldn’t return to its original height)
Fix for seeing player outlines when they are playing emulated arcade games
Allow clowns to be part of the “kill marked” challenges
Make sure the Brute zombie doesn’t decide to grab/kill zombies who are marked for a challenge
Fix for players being able to jump+sprint down the slide
Add the soul key progression to the front end.
Fix for players being able to repair a window from too far away and avoid being attacked
Fix for N31L’s pause/unpause functionality being broken after letting him auto-pause due to multiple failed challenges in a row
Fixed the occasional crawling zombie playing a standing death animation
Reducing emissive on camos
Give player a hit reward if melee’ing during Infinite Ammo

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Mill Village posted:

Online gaming in general uses very little bandwidth. It's more sensitive to your connection quality than anything.

And the hosts not being peer to peer. Supposedly it's still using the P2P lobby system like ghosts as players have seen host migration but there's not much more information.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

FirstPersonShitter posted:

the flickering special characters were on pc.

the game is also now flooded with aimbotters on pc too.

I hear this a lot but 400 hours of Black Ops 3 I saw a definite aimbotter about three times. Wallhacks or trigger bots could be a different story.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

The_Fuzzinator posted:

on a more serious note with the game. Its alot like Blops 3 was in the start. a bit buggy with what feels like it wants to be a good game. alot of things feel very close to being good but just barely missing the mark. My personal favorite weapon class is inconsistent to the point that when it works how i want, Its really loving awesome. but when it doesnt, It really is like a nail in my dick hole. As with every other cod i've played, Its exactly what i wanted, The same exact game with a new filled playerbase.

Black Ops 3 grew on me to the point I nearly got 100%. Stopped at 86%, the small PC player base and faster reactions made a lot of the challenges a pain in the rear end. The only areas it really missed the mark was Treyarch's obsession with three lanes. They can design good maps but it starts to get old.

Here the map design has limited sight lines, many entrance/exits and few open areas, low ADS speed so SMGs are top pick. Perhaps I should be thankful shotguns are too inconsistent and short ranged to be worth using. I doubt I will ever see a nuke killstreak used in IW because it's so hard to stay alive that long. There's a lot of very questionable balance on variants and rig perks and gently caress knows what we will find out when they data mine it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4uXvW7A5Co

TL;DR the NV4 flatline is about 50 RPM slower firing despite having the same fire rate stat.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
https://imgur.com/a/WkuRo

Weapon stats from the official guide.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
New sniper spotted

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
AR silencer ranges. Usable on 3/5 of them but you might feel it with how short the sight lines are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYMu9Y_rS54

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I got a THOR on Mayday and it turns out 90% of the level is covered by ceiling from that angle.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The cryo mine is hot garbage. It's a weaker stun grenade and with the extreme flanking in these maps you are way better with one you can just chuck.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

victrix posted:

This is so completely wrong it pains me

The cryo mine shuts off jetpacks

... the cryo mine can be stuck to wall run routes

You get credit for the kill :haw:

Mill Village posted:

Use it with a trip mine. You usually get 1-2 kills with each one. 3 if you're really lucky.

These are two great ideas, thanks.

quote:

PC Specific Updates

* Add support for raw mouse input.
* Fixed issues where recent changes to ButtonHelperText were not playing nice with the user's ability to change gamepad enabled status.
* Additional restart game warning has been added to the "Optimal Video" option to allow the user to be warned that the game will restart when setting to optimal settings.
* Changed Particle Lighting option description to be more descriptive and not imply it is a toggle.
* Fixed issue where a LUI error will occur when attempting to select a locked weapon in the SP loadout menu.
* CaC PC Keyboard-only - show key hint for personalize attachment and use a tinted background when on PC/Keyboard.
* Fixed mute hints on PC mouse and keyboard not displaying the hotkey. Fixed for CP/MP scoreboard and frontend lobbies.
* PC volumetric optimization
* Fix for PC entitlements
* PC - prompt user to update display driver if it does not meet our minimum version (we need to encourage users to take the latest AMD drivers to get shader cache fixes(
* Fix PC keyboard Jackal Roll to feel less mechanical
* Smoothly blend in aim desires for Jackal along the Roll axis while using keyboard and mouse. Note that Yaw and Pitch are still not blended while using mouse and keyboard to improve responsiveness.
* fix for Russian character decoding problem
* Colour Blind rendering fixes
* MenuButton in CP has been updated so that its width will be adjusted to match what it is currently displaying, and will no longer be anchored to the right in CP. This allows mouse input to not highlight or activate buttons when the mouse pointer is seemingly not going over anything.
* Improved Helper Button Bar on PC. These changes activate if the game is on PC, gamepad is disabled, and it is not ingame-SP.
* Helper buttons (commands on bottom of screen in menus) are reformatted to be large button to click on with the mouse.
* Select" helper button is not drawn.
* Keyboard hint is not drawn if the button is clickable.
* Non-clickable buttons will have their hint drawn, and they will not get the new button treatment.
* Certain helper buttons in MP frontend are no longer clickable (e.g. some of the hints in MP CaC, for hotkeys).
* Full Screen ghosting bug fix for multiple monitors
* Fixed issues with window client sizing when the Windows DPI setting is not 100%
* Stability fixes for multi-gpu setups
* Fix for GPU sync in SP for optimal latency input
* Zombies - Move player splash further to the right when offscreen to hide in Ultra widescreen mode on PC .
* Exfil - Player's jackal can get stuck in a locked-on state wherein it continues to speed forward without moving
* Fixed issue where certain UI items were still able to be selected and change the 3D scene view when using a mouse when editing a single loadout. This would occur when mousing over on the left side of the screen in the LoadoutSelect menu while running the game with an aspect ratio wider than 16:9.
* Fix for pre-baked shadows on PC
* Zombies - For PC keyboard - Fix 'unbound' button hint for unpausing a challenge.
* Adding missing processing of the self visibility data in the CPU skinning code.
* Fix estimation of mip chain counts for render targets and all single mip image resources.
* Cinematic hitching playback fix
* Fix an issue where the ship assault briefing window on OpsMap was offset incorrectly on non-16:9 aspect ratios.
* Fixed issue where a LUI error would occur when changing between gamepad and keyboard support.
* Zombies - Global - Users are unable to mute other players while using the Mouse and Keyboard control scheme while in a Zombies match.
* Fixed issue where attaching a controller when in the Gamepad Control Options menu would cause the Gamepad Enable/Disable selection to become inconsistent with the current gamepad enabled status.
* Fixing nameplates on PC when using non 16:9 aspect ratios.
* Invalidate shader cache on video driver version change
* Fixed an issue where when using the gamepad or keyboard to navigate and modify advanced video settings, the settings button being modified would lose focus every time the setting was changed and the "vid_reconfig" command was executed.
* Added "Copy other config" in controls for PC only
* Render resolution is now driven by total pixel count
* Fix the minimap jumping when pitch goes past 90 degrees on PC.
* Fixed issue where gamepad enable/disable option button could be locked if the user closes the game while the gamepad is enabled, disconnects the gamepad, relaunches the game, and declines to switch to mouse and keyboard when the popup to switch appears.
* Various advanced video options and optimal video bug fixes
* The Combat Rig payload/perk preview box will remain overlapping the Loadout previews when moving the mouse cursor down from 'Select Combat Rig' and rapidly pressing F1 and ESC.
* Fixing race condition in network status changed event code
* CP- End of match scoreboard broshot is cut off with a PC using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 at Resolution 1920x1200
* Prevent PC from exiting frame early for throttling in the UI
* Fix for Keyboard and mouse controls are unable to interact with the in-game scoreboard.
* Updated Texture Resolution option on PC to only prompt the user to restart the game to update its setting after it loses focus from the user deselecting it after making a change to its value. If the user decides to not restart, the value returns to its original value before any changes had been made.
* Display numbers instead of special characters for bindings on keys 0-9 when playing in french
* Loadout menu now has Clear buttons on all applicable boxes.
* Loadout menu now has Personalize buttons on the weapon and scope buttons when applicable.
* Weapon name and rarity are moved to a different position to accomodate the new buttons.
* Scope "F1"/"Triangle" personalize hint now only displays if controller is enabled.
* Zombies - fix for facemelter distance ratio being too small
* Shrunk and moved the brightness box down on the PC options so it does not overlap the menu.
* Enable all killstreak actionslot keybindings to work in Drop Zone
* Update to PC FOV Scaler
* Fix for PC bug with cached shadows

Supposedly they've nerfed the Volt on consoles due to it being a monster in competitive.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

victrix posted:

Foregrip does work, more bull from driftor getting spread. Grip benefits vary based on the specific gun.

He did actually test them unlike the Vigilance info. And he was right on the Flatline.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
So far the boxes are giving me a sidearm collection.

My mission teams are 12000 XP a level now which seriously slows down the rate. So much for getting that 8000 salvage without 200 hours played.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 21, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Javes posted:

Speaking of salvage, where are you supposed to earn it once you level up all 4 mission teams? I've already finished 2 of them and it's not even December yet. Yes, I realize I've poopsocked this game but still. They need to refresh their stock with new guns or add a prestige system to the mission teams or something.

You don't. You get your unpredictable rare crates and the daily login. I'd like to see an average of what rares pay out to get an idea of the rate, from the screenshots of 11 rares I kept it averaged to 40 a crate.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 23, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

RossCo posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there an accepted better/worse on using keys for common or rare crates?

I got my 10 free rares and my COD point rares for a total of 15, and was profoundly unimpressed with the contents.

The stats for BO3 pointed to rares being significantly better. You can potentially get 200 or more salvage too.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Does anyone have any top tips for micro turret placement? I need to get multiple kills with a single turret to unlock a stryker body, but the turrets kind of suck and anyone with a brain can shoot them looong before the turret kills them.

I'm up to 5 :v: You just have to hope you can babysit it/have team mates distract the enemy.

Made 0 progress with ballista double kills, triple gravity vortex and triple bull charge.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Nov 23, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Bring back the Juggernaut killstreak.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 23, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Tried out my Hailstorm Ordnance and found out it loses the burst fire but can now kill in two shots. The recoil and fire rate both suck.

Double XP again this weekend.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

why the heck is hardpoint still not in the pc version?

There's also no kill confirmed unless it's part of Mosh Pit. KC was one of the few alternate modes that had players in BO3.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 26, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

widespread posted:

Care Package seems to be for balancing reasons. AUAV takes three rockets to kill and can at least see Ghost users. How is it poo poo? Is it because it can be shot down by anyone with a gun instead of "lock-on rockets only"?

Care Package was my first unlock as it gives a more valuable score streak 50% of the time and doesn't feel like it has much bias against top streaks.

Stupid they put so much at 45+. You barely get the last few rig kits before prestige time.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 27, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Stats dump

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UZ5OKX2fOpdh-P8mttDChv4bfewEoqxkMgPVfNuk4x0/edit?usp=sharing

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It turns out if you max out all mission teams you stop earning keys.

We can still get mileage out of this smiley after all these years! :iw:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Nooo my token.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's hardly much more generous with the top ones costing 6,400, requiring the lower tiers, the daily bonus being about 40 scrap and opening a crate giving you 10-40 scrap. Plus there still are crate only weapons.

BO3 is possibly more generous once they got bribes in. The one thing I will give them is having camo for weapon class instead of the stupid per gun approach.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Why has prone even been in the game from AW onwards?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I was using advanced movement as my excuse to purge it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Speaking of, they put in holding breath and an attachment to reduce sway but made sniper rifles barely move.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 3, 2016

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Yes but good luck ever affording three epics from salvage. First with your 8000 from mission teams, second from the leftover + grind then it's over two months to get one if you average 100 salvage a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Bet he's just using some anti AFK to farm keys.

• Locked thread