Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Theantero posted:

Sasha Snowdrake
"I like need a title or somethin'? *Snort* Ay okay, how 'bout 'That pretty ogre lady?'"

Traits:
Strength [+4]: Among all the creatures that walk upon the earth on two legs or four or more, the strength of ogres is legendary. And amongst ogres, few quite so embody this singular claim to fame as well as Sasha does. Sure, perhaps she lacks technique. Perhaps she lacks finesse. But at some point, you're just so tough that style stops mattering.
Warlord [+2]: A warlord and mercenary captain, Sasha has a lot of experience both in leading troops and keeping them in the proper shape and proper mood for fighting. And indeed, many an enemy that has confused her rough and carefree manner for simplicity has later cursed their folly after finding themselves outmaneuvered on the field of battle.
Antimagic [+2]: Ogres seem to exhibit a natural aura of antimagic, which when honed to a fine edge like Sasha has, can be a potent force indeed. This is helpful since they consider most forms of magic, (especially the non-elemental and non-direct battlemagic varieties) to be cowardly to the extreme, and mages thus are some of their favourite punching bags/wedgie targets. Also probably the one thing that has kept their raiding fleets from being sunk by fireballs.

A booming clap races across the desert sands as Sasha slaps the side of her head, causing a slightly wet plug of sand shoot itself away from the opposite ear. She had never really enjoyed sleeping on sand, due to all the clean-up, much preferring the volcanic rock of the Archipelago. She pinched the bridge of her nose to stave off her hangover, and surveyed her surroundings with slightly blurry eyes and a low guttural murmur. It didn't take long for her brows to furrow in puzzlement.

"A desert, huh? Figures."

Sasha took a swig from a gourd at her belt and felt instantly better.

The Red Vale. Well, it wasn't like this was the worst pickle ol' Snaggletooth and her crew had ever found themselves in. Speaking of which, where was the crew anyway? If Hook had taken them to drink somewhere without telling her, that was coming straight out of his pay. Well, unless the stories he returned with were particularly good, hah!

Sasha stood in thought for a bit. Then she shrugged. No point in standing there pontificating. She retrieved a barrow from the hold used for unloading, filled it with supplies, as well as a copious amount of alcohol. Might as well go searching for those layabouts.

Sasha was just about about to leave, but suddenly stopped, as if remembering something. She sauntered back to the ship, manufactured a makeshift sign from some excess boards, and wrote.

The Sign posted:

This here is ol' Snaggletooth. You can look, but not touch!

Well, I suppose you can touch as well but you'll get a fistful of ogre wrath for your efforts. That's a promise!

Signed: The dependable and beautiful Sasha Snowdrake

PS: Currently accepting work

Nodding happily at her work, Sasha set off into the desert, looking for tracks or nearby signs of civilization. It took way more than a desert to keep an ogre down.

Wait.

Didn't they say this desert was haunted?

Sasha frowned. Then she bellowed over the silent desert: "OI! ALL YE GHOSTS AN' SPECTERS AN' WHAT HAVE YE! HANDS OF MY BOOZE AND WE'LL GET ALONG, YEH?"

Confident that her message had been received, Sasha started her journey.

Right, rolling Strength [+4] to weather inhospitable terrain as Sasha looks around for clues and leads and generally tries to get her bearings.

quote:

Theantero: Rolling Strength [+4] because I am a strong ogre lady who's used to inhospitable locales and is afraid of no desert
Theantero: !r 2d6+4
Krysmbot: Theantero, 2+4 = 6

Ahahahahhahah :allears:

Making a grand entrance.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Sep 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Sasha squinted at Ol' Snaggletooth, trying to decide whether her walking in circles was because of the ghosts or because she was drunk. She scratched her chin, then shrugged. Had to be the former, since she would not have lived this long unless she knew a bit about navigating whilst intoxicated. Oh well. She took a swing from her gourd.

And gulped on nothing but air.

"Oh HELL NO! Ye spectral creepers 'ave crossed a line right here."

Sasha slammed her foot down on the dunes below her.

"There are TWO things you DON'T do!"

"You don't call an ogre a liar!"

"AND YOU DON'T"

"EVER"

"TOUCH"

"THEIR BOOZE."

Sasha stomped around her ship in clear anger, looking for the ghosts clearly responsible. Once she found one, she would make them explain in detail on exactly how they would pay back for their transgression.

Fish out a ghost and intimidate some answers out of them (like, WHY DID YOU TAKE MY BOOZE YA GIT and HOW ARE YE GOING TO PAY ME BACK FER MY BOOZE YA GIT)

quote:

Theantero: Well, I'll roll Antimagic to politely interrogate the spectral denizens of this desert
Theantero: !r 2d6+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, 7+2 = 9

• Locked thread