Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
now theres this cool staticy old radio sound whenever they play audio it sounds like psstksoktoksktksktpspoptoostkt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
RIP in peace, that guy's headphones.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
hey theyu still work okay im holding on to these babies for as long as i can or uintil like 3 days from now when i stop being cheap and find a new set because logitech keeps breaking

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Glue them inside an old bicycle helmet and pretend you are a cool fighter pilot/spaceship guy and the static is your radio OP

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i already have to wear a helmet at all times because im retarded

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Buy an iPhone 7 and you won't need them any more anyways

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
good

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
get beats by dre

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I've bought a bunch of different headphones of different styles (on-ear, earbuds, etc.) and from different manufacturers and they've all broken in the exact some way after about a year - First the sound dies on the right speaker, then the left.

So now I just get the Amazon Basics on-ear because gently caress shopping around and their under $20

EDIT: Also, they can effectively block out my co-workers talking without anything playing on them so sometimes I just put them on and play nothing to enjoy some peace and quiet.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

The earbuds that came with my phone are surprisingly good, I just use those. Also Denon AHD2000s.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

cuck cuck im gay posted:

get beats by dre

i dont know much about sounds but i do know what everyone know's: BOSE is best

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Koss headphones have a lifetime warranty if you're a big dumb idiot who can't not break things.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Volcott posted:

RIP in peace

This is trollbait right? I'm twitching but trying to resist.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I feel you pain too, friend for i am also on the spectrum

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

ATM machine.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
how spooky is it OP

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Buy these OP https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SLBFURI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got a pair, they are like $30 and they have amazing sound. The bass is really good.

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

Robo Reagan posted:

now theres this cool staticy old radio sound whenever they play audio it sounds like psstksoktoksktksktpspoptoostkt

You should buy some real headphones like Sennheiser and then they will never break. I paid $90.00 for mine and I've had them for years. I did have to replace the cups like 4 years in though.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-H...eiser+HD280+pro

I drag mine around by the cord and stuff and they're built like a tank. I fell off a bike once with them in my bag and I landed on the bag and they were fine.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Don't buy anything from Grado Labs unless you hate yourself.

Aug 4, 2010

my condolences op

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I had a nice set of Bluetooth wireless earbuds that broke after they melted in the car.

I hate wires when I'm out walking around so I need to replace them. Who makes the best BT wireless buds?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Fix them?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder what noise canceling is all about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTI-07tDXzs

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

I been buying a new set of the sennheiser cx300-500's every year or so for the last 10 loving years, they always break left then right im a dumbass to keep buying them but they sound good and a year's a year

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

Pound_Coin posted:

I been buying a new set of the sennheiser cx300-500's every year or so for the last 10 loving years, they always break left then right im a dumbass to keep buying them but they sound good and a year's a year

I ran every other day for a year listening to a pair of cx330s. If it makes you feel any better the cheap crap I replaced them with died after 3 months, and every brand I've used since then last 1-3 months.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

bleep.bloop posted:

You should buy some real headphones like Sennheiser and then they will never break. I paid $90.00 for mine and I've had them for years. I did have to replace the cups like 4 years in though.

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-H...eiser+HD280+pro

I drag mine around by the cord and stuff and they're built like a tank. I fell off a bike once with them in my bag and I landed on the bag and they were fine.

Alternately if you don't want to spend much money, grab some MonoPrice 8323's

cheap as poo poo, good sound quality, very durable (fully removable audio cable prevents a ton of accidents that gently caress up cheap headphones)

I've had mine for several years without any issues (bought them as an inexpensive replacement for more expensive Sennheisers and then never had a reason to replace them)

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
i have some sennheiser cx300-ii earbuds and hd280 pros and they ok

edit: bleep bloop is my brand friend

edit edit my 280s i got in 2004? and i've replaced the earpads a few times. cx300s ive had for four? so im happy with durability

DrPossum fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 17, 2016

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

why dont you make a thread about it

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

LGD posted:

Alternately if you don't want to spend much money, grab some MonoPrice 8323's

cheap as poo poo, good sound quality, very durable (fully removable audio cable prevents a ton of accidents that gently caress up cheap headphones)

I've had mine for several years without any issues (bought them as an inexpensive replacement for more expensive Sennheisers and then never had a reason to replace them)

Yeah those things are fantastic.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

cuck cuck im gay posted:

get beats by dre

get beat by dre

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I bought fancy headphones that are $220 on amazon for $130 with no tax off a goon from SA mart and they showed up in mint condition and they sound really good and didn't break yet. That's my story, feel free to call me an idiot for spending that much on headphones, thanks for listening and have a good night.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
My head— phone's broke???

My headphones...broke?

My. He. Ad. Phones. Bro. Ke?

mmyyhheeaaddpphhoonneessbbrrookkee

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Headphones are free on airplanes.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sennheiser thread? ive had my hd555s since i was in grade school and they're still truckin along
i have to retape the headbands every so often cause im a dipshit and broke the band keeping the cup to the headband so they just dangle off if i dont

cnut
May 3, 2016

You can get rid of the static if you put them in the microwave for a minute or so :eng101:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

A few weeks ago I found a pair of Beats headphones on the ground so I took them.

They are either fakes or Beats really loving suck. Could go either way I suppose.

Anyway, that's my headphones story.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

OctoberBlues posted:

A few weeks ago I found a pair of Beats headphones on the ground so I took them.

They are either fakes or Beats really loving suck. Could go either way I suppose.

Anyway, that's my headphones story.

Most likely fakes, that's not to say that Beats are particularly great though. Massively overpriced considering how they sound and how they fall to bits after a few months.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'm done with headphones. My computer has no other sound device so I am just eschewing sound all together. Stupid idiot earmuffs keep snapping off from the plastic base, leaving them dangling by only a cord. I went through four of them in less than a year!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

What the gently caress do you people do to your headphones to make them only last a year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The best headphones are Sennheiser, if you feel like you have to buy American then buy Koss.

• Locked thread