Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Tatsu, the Bull
Once upon a time, there was guy and he was normal. He lived, he loved, he fought. Then one day that normal guy, he died. Few days later he got back up and went home. He stopped bein' so normal after that. Gonna skip a bit ahead after that, ya don't need all the nitty gritty of what went down, but suffice to say it wasn't all sunshine and butterfly kisses. He died a few more times, almost made a few other people die too. Loved and lost, all that good crap. In the end, that guy got on his motorcycle one day, just up and left. Maybe he was lookin' for greener pastures, or maybe he was runnin' away, 'cause he couldn't face himself anymore. Who really knows.

Anyway that guy ran, but he didn't get too far before someone he'd been lookin' for found him. A wicked witch nabbed the not so normal guy off the dusty road one dark, lonely night. And she told him some things, things that made a lot of stuff suddenly make sense. Y'see, the not so normal guy was apparently some kinda test subject for the witch, a little project she had been workin' on. And she didn't take too kindly to him runnin' off the way he did. It messed up her project y'see, and now she was behind schedule.

Now that the witch had her hands on the not so normal guy she didn't need to keep her project secret, she could really kick it into gear. The not so normal guy went through a bit of hell after that. Y'see, the witch had some enemies who really didn't like her, and she wanted a guard dog, something tough and mean to keep her safe. Now a guard dog ain't much good if they die, and she had fixed that. But a guard dog ain't much good if they're only as strong a regular human, and she fixed that. Of course, just 'cause your dog can bust through solid concrete doesn't mean their body can take it, so she fixed that too. Took a bit, but she had her perfect little guard dog.

Only... she didn't count on the not so normal guy bending instead of breaking. Y'see, the not so normal guy was a born rebel, fightin' back was part of him, ran so deep that no magic could root it all out. So he waited, and when that wicked witch let her mind slip, just for a split second, he busted out like a bat outta hell. Tore the whole place down on his way out, just brought it down around that witch's ears. He wasn't gonna let any cage that tried to hold him stay in one piece. And then he ran, all the way to the city. This city, in fact. If ya keep your eyes open ya just might see him one day. After all, ya never know who'll you'll run across in the big city.

quote:

Hero Name: Tatsuya "Tatsu" Kowareta
Mask: Bull
Look: Man, Asian, Battered hands, Casual clothing, No costume

Abilities
Superhuman toughness, incredible strength, skilled at fighting

Labels
Freak +2
Danger +2
Savior -1
Superior +1
Mundane -1

The Bull's Heart
You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your love or frustrates your rival.
Lover: Chimera
Rival: Flaire
Role: Defender

Moves
Punch everyone
Whenever you charge into a fight without hedging your bets, you can shift your Danger up and any other Label down.

Physics? What physics?
When you unleash your powers to barrel through an insurmountable barrier, roll + Danger instead of + Freak.

You've got a head you don't need
When you provoke someone with obvious threats and shows of force, roll + Danger instead of + Superior.

Advances Taken
You've Got a Head You Don't Need

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or your rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or your rival, take Influence over them and mark potential.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them influence and hold 2. Spend that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool.

When our team first came togetherů
We defeated a dangerous enemy. Who or what was it?

Relationships
______ is your love. You've opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.

______ is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

Influence
You're selective about who you let in. Give your love and rival influence over you, but that's it.

quote:

Who changed you?
Her. The witch that turned me into hosed up zombie. I didn't bother to get her name when she found me, and there wasn't really time to ask when I was bustin' up her secret hidey hole. The Witch is a good enough name for me.

quote:

How did you escape from them?
I waited. Magical leash works pretty much the same as a regular leash, neither do much good if you lose your grip. After that I didn't give her much time to get a hold of it again. Too busy bringin' the house down.

quote:

Who, outside the team, tries to take care of you now?
Nock, one of the local superheroes. He ran across me during my early days here, and I guess his older brother instincts kicked in or something, I think he's got like 3 younger siblings, all of them are grown now. But anyway, he started trackin' me down, and checkin' up on me. I've told him to knock it off, that I can take care of myself just fine, but you try keepin' a guy with eagle eyes from finding ya.

quote:

Why do you try to be a hero?
I'm no hero. I'm just doing all I know how to do, break stuff and hurt people. Nobody cares if you break the right stuff and hurt the right people, so that's what I do. If that makes some people call me a hero, then more power to 'em.

quote:

Why do you care about the team?
I don't, and anybody who says I do is lyin' through their teeth. I ain't lonely. And they're not my friends either.

quote:

Which hero sponsored you for this team and what did you do to get their attention?
Wildfire. He used to mentor Nock, way back when he was just starting out, and I guess Nock went and told him about me. Well one night guess who just happened to be in the neighborhood where I was breakin' up a weapons deal, some bush league reject villain gettin' toys for his goons. After all was said and done he flew down and said just two words to me. "You'll do." Heroes are weird man.

quote:

What's an interesting place in town?
The Dirty Glass. It's a hole, plain and simple. But it's a hole that doesn't care if you're legal or not, just that ya got money. It's also a mostly neutral spot, all they ask is that you keep your beefs outside the door. Makes it a good place to pick up info if ya know that right questions to ask.

quote:

Who's an interesting non-hero in town?
Sammi is a pretty odd guy. He's cool in his own way though. He's one of those types that goes their own way y'know? Livin' from couch to couch, just him doing him. He's got a lot of friends, probably across the whole city, and he just goes where he pleases. Kinda thing I wish I could, really.

quote:

(optional) What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?
Somebody has to look all broody overtop of shots of them smashing stuff.

quote:

(optional) A thread name for the IC thread
People try to put us down, talkin' 'bout my generation

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at Nov 27, 2016 around 21:45

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Capfalcon posted:

Tatsu, the Bull
Who did you beat down when you were on the Witch's leash that you can't get out of your head?
I dunno his name, or anything about him but I do know that he wanted to be there exactly as much as I did. This guy wasn't a criminal who picked the wrong place to break into, he looked like someone that'd be a chemistry teacher in high school. Probably got pulled into this crap same way I did, pure lovely luck. Anyway, he broke in, almost certainly under orders, and of course he got caught. I'm sure ya can guess who had to make an example outta the poor gently caress. Hated every second, even more than usual. He didn't deserve that, he was just some guy caught in somethin' way bigger than him.

quote:

What's Nock done that you're honestly thankful for? Did you let him know?
This is gonna sound dumb as gently caress, and if ya ever say anythin' about it to anyone I'll deny it and then I'll find ya, but he's always said that his couch is free, no matter what. I've never taken him up on that, but it does mean a lot. I've sure as hell never told him that, but somethin' tells me he knows anyway, probably some stupid older brother sense or some crap.

quote:

Why do you think that Wildfire picked you for the team instead of Nock? How'd Nock take it?
Man, how the gently caress should I know why a big time superhero does anything they do? Could be he feels sorry for the poor kid that life's hosed over. He probably just figured this little team needed a designated poo poo kicker, that's what I think. I don't know why Nock didn't get in on this thing, he's a lot more qualified for it than me that's for sure, but I do know that bein' left out's got to him. He's hasn't out and said anythin', or shown it at all, but I can tell that somethin's up.

quote:

What omen usually presages that Witch's goons appearing?
Funnily enough it's her own magic that gives her boys away. See I'm not some kinda fancy pants magic user or anything, so I didn't just wave my hands and poof that control away, I snapped that fucker will anger and willpower. Just brute forced it the second I saw a chance. If you've ever pulled a string 'til it snapped ya know that it's not clean, ya end up with two bits that each have some little tufts left hangin'. And that's just it, the bit of the leash that's left over kinda flails at any other bits it feels, and her boys are always, always, reeking of the stuff. Not all of them were forced like me, but she's never happy with her stuff when it's just out of the box. She likes to customize. So I get this nice little twinge when her magic's around, saved my rear end a few times, let me tell ya.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Capfalcon posted:

Tatsu, the Bull
Who got hurt the last time the Witch sent some goons after you? Who did they blame?
I'm sure you've heard of those idiots that run blogs followin' all the superhero action right? Well a couple of them found me on the street one night, and were doing their stupid thing and filming me when I got jumped. Couple guys lookin' like somethin' out of a furries' wet dream. So when a big fuzzy arm tried to wrap around my neck I did the first thing that came to mind, I flipped him over my head... and straight through the blogger idiots car. They were fiiiine... mostly. I think one of them broke his leg or somethin'. It's not like it was on purpose, but from what they said you'd think I'd led the goons there just to smash the car with them. Idiots.

quote:

What do you like to do to unwind that's peaceful?
Meditation. Everyday. I've... I've slacked off a bit on my religion, do a few things now I didn't used to, but I'm still tryin', y'know? Always tryin'.

quote:

Who did you see in town from your old life? Did they recognize you?
... Saw this guy. From before, and during the early days, of all of this. Cassius. Went to school with him back then, we weren't really friends but we knew each other. At first I didn't think it was him, just a trick of the light or somethin', but no, it was him. Looked the same as he always did. I have never been more glad to be wearin' a helmet than I was at that moment. Still... he did look at me for a long time, but there's no way he could have know it was me... right?

quote:

So... what's it like when you "die?"
There's no airquotes about it man. Dead is dead. No pulse, no breathing, no nothin' that makes people people. Let me tell ya, death is bullshit. Don't listen to anybody who tells ya that you'll see a bright light. Now I can't speak for anythin' that happens after but as for the dyin' itself, I'm a fuckin' expert, and ya don't see poo poo on the way out. All ya see is whatever your eyes happen to be looking at at the time. Then it goes black. Then I get back up, and it sucks. So yeah, don't die, it's terrible.

quote:

EVERYONE, just to be clear, do you actually have a secret identity? Why or why not? If yes, who knows?
Why bother with all that fancy crap? I'm no hero, and I don't have anyone I need to protect, so why go through all the trouble? Pointless.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I got guilted into doing some impressions. I'm starting out with just a few, otherwise I'd be writing all day.

Tatsu

quote:

Bunny Bat, the Reformed

Of course vampires are real too! Why wouldn't they be! And hey! Dracula's real too! Great! So is the Swamp Thing gonna show up too? Maybe Wolfman? Wait... that last one's probably real huh? If zombies and vampires are real then the last of the trifecta would be as well. Hmm. Anyway, she seems alright. Clothes are weird but whatever floats your boat. Kinda cool to meet someone else that's dead.

quote:

Hamon, the Newborn
It's a robot. Kinda spindly lookin'.

quote:

Bolt and Lodestone, the Joined
The sentence thing is annoyin' to be honest. And what is up with those outfits? Other than that, they're alright I guess. Got some pretty strong powers, and they can sorta use them, which is good.

quote:

Flaire, the BrownStar
Ugh, where do I start? Clothes, again. Does nobody in this city dress like a human being? Who fights in a drat skirt/dress/thing? She's also full of herself, all drunk on her own fame. All flash, no substance. Give it six months and nobody will care about her theatrics.

quote:

Li Xiahou, the Newborn
Another zombie. More frankenstein than me though. Bit of a blank slate.

quote:

Ghost Eater, the Legacy
Now this guy is my kinda hero. No frills no fuss, good to have in a fight, keeps to himself, and most importantly he wears normal clothes.

quote:

Silver Bolt, the Legacy
Smells a bit too much like rich boy to me, but he's decent in a scrap at least. Kinda wanna see if he can off me, but something tells me he's too much of a newbie to know. Another guy who wears clothes that make sense. Thankfully.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Relationships

Bunny Bat is your love. You've opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.
Well it stated as just a kinda, I dunno, mutual complainin' thing. Each of us liked havin' someone around who could relate to the whole 'undead' thing. From there it just kinda flowed into me telling her my whole story, everyone else just knows bits and pieces. After that I just kinda realized that I liked her. I haven't said anything to her about it, mostly because I don't know what to do. This kinda thing didn't work out real well for me before, it's kinda one of the reasons I'm even here. At least this time she's not my complete opposite.

Flaire is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.
Ugh, her. D'ya know that the first time we had a team meetin' she tried to force me to get a dumb name and a stupid costume? Yeah, great first impression. Apparently real heroes need that kind of crap, 'cause real heroes are supposed to be like her, all fame crazy. Feh. I'll show her that even a guy like me, some jagoff that's not a hero, can do her job better than her.

Influence

You're focused. Give your love and rival influence over you, but that's it.

When we first came together we defeated a dangerous enemy. Who or what was it?

Betcha can guess who this... guy(?) works for. I think he's supposed to be some kinda replacement or prototype or somethin' like that. Anyway, called himself Ptolemy, yelled some really unnecessary crap about how he was gonna bring either me or my head back, yadda yadda yadda, then I punched him. That made him pretty mad to he started shooting crap everywhere, basically he was wreckin' about half the block. I was kinda focused on all that, so I don't remember exactly what happened, try askin' the others, but after a bit of teamwork, we put enough pressure on him that he ran off like wimp. Did a thing, opened one of her portals and poof, he was gone. Loser.

Sponsors
Well I guess Wildfire said somethin' to Wicked Elegance, 'cause she backed him up on me bein' part of this team. I mean, I guess that's what happened, I can't think of any other reason why she'd do that.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at Jul 22, 2016 around 09:10

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Silver Bolt
Literally anyone but Flaire

Tatsu has a room, but its immaculate because he doesn't use it. Instead there's a small maintenance bay with a pile of blankets in the corner behind the way the door opens. The bay is probably an absolute mess of tools, parts, and empty fast food containers.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Public for Tatsu, when he bothers to go, which is not often (i.e. whenever the plot demands it are the days he actually shows up).

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Lots of thinking, but I'm gonna take You've Got a Head You Don't Need.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Yeah don't hinge anything heavy on Tatsu for now, I'm supposed to get some of the stuff I need by the 11th, then I need to find enough money for a whole new hard drive

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Ok, PC issues sorted out...ish. Gonna try and post where I'm due over the course of this week, in between piecing my internet life back together from scratch.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

ShootaBoy posted:

Silver Bolt
Literally anyone but Flaire

I'm also picking Chimera as my new love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Yes, yes, no.

Your family are hunters, they go after small groups or individuals. A stadium sized near-riot is neither of those.

• Locked thread