Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Janus or a Reformed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

susannabananna.livejournal.com posted:

Does anyone understand how hard it is to be so wealthy and talented?

Okay, that didn't sound very good, but hear me out my remaining followers. Why are you two even following this still, I haven't posted anything in ages?

Anyway. If you look back at all my old blogposts about my old piano competitions and awards, the wonderful dates I was on with my boyfriend, or even the last one where I was celebrating getting elected Student Council President, they're all lies. Not the facts of them, but the spirit of them. I did win all those awards, and go on those dates, and get elected Student Council President, I just didn't want to. None of it's me! I've spent so many years working to be the perfect daughter my parents wanted, the perfect student, the perfect girlfriend, I never spent any time being me.

I can't take it anymore, its been so long that I don't even know who Susanna Collins actually is! I've know it for a month now, but whenever I think I might be figuring out something, finding myself, I have to stop and go to some stupid meeting to talk about some stupid idea that the teachers won't allow, or spend the entire night practicing on our stupid grand piano in the house because if I don't I know I'll disappoint my stupid classiest parents, or go on some stupid date with a stupid boy who I don't even like anymore and listen to him talk about his stupid sports game!! stupidstupidstupidstupid my entire life is STUPID!!

I need a way out, but there isn't one. There isn't one, and I'm going to be stuck as a stupid fake person forever. I just wish I could be someone else...

I shouldn't have posted that last one.
but it only has two views so I guess its not that big of a deal
I don't think either of you know me irl so its okay
I deleted it though anyway.

Just thought I should give you an update, since your comments sounded worried (thanks)
I'm fine, I didn't hurt myself, I did get hurt in that earthquake that hit the city a month ago
all recovered now though!

I think I've found my way out
can't say more, but thanks for sticking with me my loyal followers! (lol)
I'm going to delete this blog
but I appreciate all the support
<3

warehouse 7 security camera 1D log: 6.19.16 23:09 posted:

Two figures stand outside the entrance to a dark warehouse, watching the road. One has his hands cupped near his mouth, holding the stub of a cigarette in it, protected from the wind. A flash of black, darker than the light of the night, and both crumple to the ground. Behind them, a silhouette is dimly visible as the thick heel of its boot treads out the lit butt on the ground, and then it fades into the night again. A flicker of motion, a streak of red is visible for an instant over the fence as the figure flips over into the yard beyond.

All is silent for awhile longer, until suddenly the quiet night is rent with a burst of sound, yelling, muffled gunfire, shouting, cursing, the sounds of running feet, a smashing window. From the top floor of the warehouse, glass shards fly in every direction as a figure in black, illuminated in red lights now leaps out backwards, the muzzle of her gun flashing as she lays out a carpet of darts into the room to cover her exit. Then as she falls backwards towards the fence, her body twists, turns, and somehow, she's perched on the fence, one hand and one foot holding her securely between the barbs of the wire top. Her mouth, the only visible part of the person underneath, is stretched into a wide grin as she looks up at the building, her other hand holding the stolen documents she'd come in for.

But before she can make good her escape, a man appears in the window, aiming a gun of a strange design at her. He fires! A jagged bolt of electricity arcs down, heading dead on for her. She throws up her hand in desperation! The bolt hits, running along her arm, coursing through her body, and then... it vanishes. The smile on her face is even wider now, and crackling slightly with a hint of electricity, she leaps away, vanishing over the rooftops. Away clean, or so she thinks.

A bit later, I throw the papers down in disgust. There's enough evidence in it to keep investigations going for months, but none of what I wanted. If the mayor was involved in these deals, he was doing an excellent job of hiding it. After a moment of frustration, I pick them back up again, and prepare to move out. I'll slip them into the police station's mailbox on my way home. But as I move to go around the corner, I nearly run head into The Cobalt Samurai. I barely manage to hold in a curse. How does she do that? Her outfit is one of the flashiest I've ever see but she blends into the night like it's nothing.

The Cobalt Samurai

From the look on her face -the visible part anyway- I can tell it's going to be the same as it always is. Another lecture. Too risky. I show off to much. I'm enjoying the fighting more than I should be. Letting my emotions get in the way. She prattles on, and yup, the same thing. If I ever want to become a true hero, join the Super League, I need to focus on the heroics, not the fun. I shuffle my feet, and look away, because, like always, I know she's right, but still... This is fun, that shouldn't stop me from doing good though! Enjoying being a hero isn't a cri-wait what?

I blink, and look up at her. The usual lecture had gone exactly the same as always, up until the end. "-and that's why, Barracuda, I'm putting you on a team with some other young heroes." What? They're reforming the Junior Super League. And she wants me to be on it. That's... either a sign that she believes in me, or one that she really doesn't. Hmm. Still... It might be better to work with other heroes my age, they'd understand where I'm coming from better than The Cobalt Samurai can. "Alright, let me know when to meet them." I hand over the papers, she'll be able to use them better than me anyway. Time to go home. Even once I've gotten home, laying in bed staring up at the ceiling trying to sleep, the adrenaline, the exciting and the pure joy of the nights work is pumping through me, and I can tell I won't be asleep for a long time. This is what I want to do.

The Janus posted:

Hero Name: Barracuda
Look: woman, white, formal clothing, concealing costume, helmet
Abilities: Your appearance is unchanged by your abilities, and you can keep your powers hidden. You have heightened physical abilities (strength, agility, toughness)
-impossible mobility (catlike movement in air, suit can attach/release from any surface, limbs can bend in impossible ways)
-energy absorption (absorbed energy is used to enhance the body temporarily)

Labels
Freak: 0
Danger 0
Savior 0
Superior 0
Mundane 3

Janus Moves
The Mask
You wear a mask and hide your real identity. Choose what Label you try to embody while wearing your mask: Danger
Once per session, you can affirm either your heroic or secret identity to switch your Mundane with your mask’s Label.
When you reveal your secret identity to someone who didn’t know it already, mark potential.

Mild-mannered
When you try to use your civilian identity to deceive, trick, or slip past someone, roll + Mundane. On a hit they buy your facade. On a 7-9, choose one:
- you’re still under observation
- you leave something incriminating behind
- you’re forced to make a fool of yourself to sell it On a miss, one of your civilian obligations rears its ugly head.

Dangerous web
When you reveal a trap you’ve left for someone using your powers, roll + your mask’s Label. On a hit, your opponent trips into it, and you get an opening or opportunity against them. On a 10+, take +1 forward to pursuing it. On a miss, the trap inadvertently leads to a dangerous escalation.

Game Face
When you commit yourself to save someone or defeat a terrible enemy, mark a condition and take +1 ongoing to all rolls in direct pursuit of that goal. At the end of any scene in which you don’t make progress towards that goal, mark a condition. When you fulfill your goal, mark potential.

Secret Identity
Your mundane life comes with a series of obligations. Choose a total of three obligations. student government, family expectations/piano prodigy, significant other.

When time passes, roll + your Mundane to see how you’re managing your obligations. On a hit, things are going pretty well—you have an opportunity or advantage thanks to one of your obligations. On a 7-9, you’ve lapsed on one obligation, your choice. On a miss, you haven’t given your normal life anywhere near the attention it deserves; the GM chooses two obligations that are going to bite you in the butt.

Drives
Choose 4 drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take influence over someone involved. When your 4 marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark 4 new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon.

□ Lead the team successfully in battle
□ Kiss someone dangerous
□ Punch someone you probably shouldn't
□ Help a teammate when they most need you
■ Take down a threat all on your own
□ Outperform an adult hero
□ Pull off a ridiculous stunt
□ Save a teammate's life
□ Get drunk or high with a teammate
□ Drive a fantastical vehicle
□ Get a new costume
□ Get a new hero name
□ Earn the respect of a hero you admire
□ Make out with a teammate
□ Punch out a teammate
□ Break up with someone
□ Stop a fight with calm words
□ Tell someone your true feelings for them
□ Travel to an incredible place (or time)
□ Reject someone who tells you “you shouldn't be here”

Relationships
_____________________ knew you from your civilian life first.
You refused to tell ___________________ your secret identity when they asked.

Influence
You look up to your teammates; they seem to have this superhero thing figured out. Give two of them Influence over you.

Moment of Truth
The mask is a lie, and some piece of you has always known that. Doesn’t matter if others can see it. You’re the one that can do the impossible. Mask off. Costume on. And you’re going to save the drat day. Of course, you better hope nobody nasty is watching…

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they see you as the person wearing the mask or the person underneath. If the former, mark potential and clear a condition. If the latter, take Influence over them if you reveal yourself.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about who you really are. Give them Influence, and shift your Mundane up and your mask’s Label down.

I have to fill our a survey? This is stupid.

When did you first put on the mask? Why?

The Barracuda Mask came a little later, but my first night out came about a month back. The night before, I'd finally realized I had powers. There'd been signs for a few weeks, but I'd ignored them for the most part. Accidentally leaving finger prints in my toothbrush handle, broke a glass when I squeezed too hard. Better times in gym, and I could keep time perfectly without even trying when I was playing the piano. It wasn't until I was trying to have some tea that I realized something was going on. See, I kept pouring hot water into the cup, lifting it up, and by the time it'd get to my lips it was cold. Anyway, eventually I figured out what was happening, and it was like... I knew.

The constant pressures and the every day grind of my stupid life had worn me down too far. But if I had powers, that was something new I could do. I could be a hero. I couldn't as myself, obviously, but with a mask, I could be someone else. When I put on my mask, I stopped being Susanna Collins, prodigy, model student, perfect daughter to terrible parents, and instead I could be... well I didn't have a name at first. I tried a couple, The Night Avenger, Robina Hood, The Knight Avenger, uh, stuff like that. I didn't settle on Barracuda until I got my real outfit.

Who, outside of the team, knows about your dual identity? Why do you keep a secret identity?
The Cobalt Samurai knows, she uh... well she found me when I was first trying my hand at superheroics. Got in way over my head in what I thought was going to be breaking up a mugging, but was actually the start of a smuggling delivery. She hooked me up with the suit too, got it made from someone who does that sort of thing for the real pro heroes. Said running around in a domino mask and a ski mask I dug up from our attic and basement respectively (family's like mine never throw anything away) wasn't appropriate attire for a hero. But you know, even with that botched job I did the first night, I knew I'd never be able to give it up. It felt too good. I knew instantly that that was the real me, out there, fighting crime, saving people, risking everything to save the day. And that's why I keep my identity secret.

Who thinks the worst of your masked identity?
Well, my parents for one (two). Look, let me give you a really brief picture of my Dad. The night I was figuring out my powers, I accidentally bent the streetlight on the road in front of our house over. I didn't admit it was me, obviously, and so that got Dad off on a rant about lowered property values with the 'riffraff' coming in, and the city wasting our tax dollars on people living like kings off it instead of maintaining the respectable neighborhoods (aka, our gated community). Mom isn't so vocal about that sort of thing, but she absolutely refuses to have Ms. Washington over when its her turn to host the tea circle, and she doesn't say it out loud, but she's only ever hired white maids for the house.

And Barracuda's hurt a lot of places run by Dad's friends or business partners. I'm sure he couldn't be involved in any of the rings I've been routing out, he isn't that bad of a person, but each time she hits one of them, he gets a bit more angry at this 'fake hero' sullying the good names of men he knows, and hurting his own bottom line. Like he needs any of those investments to pay off to live happily for the rest of his life.

Why do you care about the team?
They've got my back, I've got their's. We're all here for the same reasons in the end. And they're my friends, even if I don't like all of them. They're sharing in the same real experiences I am, the ones shaping who I really am.

What's an interesting place in town?

Halcyon Symphony Hall. The Orchestra is really impressive, and the hall itself feels incredibly extravagant -and this is coming from someone who lives in a small mansion. I did a piano recital here for most of the upper society of Halcyon City after my latest awards. It was dreadfully boring. But the view made up for it a bit. Seriously, this place is incredibly nice.

Who's an interesting non-hero in town?

This is my boyfriend, Casey Cook. He's the son of the Mayor, Casey Cook Senior. I lied, he isn't interesting at all. I think... he must have been once, because I can remember that I did like going out with him, originally. But I'm stuck in it now. Mom and Dad have it fixed in their mind that we'll be getting married after school, and they want the connection to the mayor that comes with him. And even if they wouldn't give me endless pain for breaking up with him, he's an in with the Mayor as well. And I need as many leads as I can get on that scumbag. Someday, I'll have enough to get him. So until then, it's a lot of dumb dates and even more listening to endless stories about his football games. God I hate sports.

What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?
My main section of the intro montage is split between me in my civilian life, going through the motions with a dead eyed look, at school, at the piano, at dinner with my family, at a movie with Casey. The other half shows Barracuda, darting around the inside of what looks like an office building, flipping between walls, the floor, holding lightly onto the ceiling, firing tranquilizer darts at several security guard looking types who are firing back wildly. Occasionally I zip by, barely visible, to knock a guard in the back of the neck, dropping them unconscious to the floor. Other scenes have Barracuda fighting alongside the team, until the very end of the credit sequence, where it shows each hero and their 'objective', it shows Barracuda staring up at the giant face of the Mayor, outlined over the cityscape, her mouth in a tight frown.

GodFish fucked around with this message at Apr 2, 2017 around 06:27

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Capfalcon posted:

Barracuda, the Janus
What makes your boyfriend such a big Baracuda fan? What made him suspicious you're holding out on information about her?

K, so I thought his reason was because of her -my- butt. Like, that suit leaves nothing to the imagination there. I don't really mind because I feel drat sexy in it, and if it distracts people I'm fighting a bit so much the better. But it seemed like the obvious reason, he's a football playing guy, and we've never done more than kiss, so of course when he started going on about Barracuda I figured it was sex appeal. But after a bit, I think I'm wrong. I doubt it doesn't play a part, but he mainly talks about how great it is that she tries to focus on people who are taking advantage of the poorer population of Halcyon City, and that it was about time someone tried to take on the corruption in the city. It's... a bit confusing honestly.

I always assumed he was a chip off his dad's block, and one day he'd be mayoring it up and making piles of illegal money off of whatever it is his Dad does exactly. But he seems really genuine about it, so I'm starting to think he doesn't know how his dad keeps getting reelected or where all his money is coming from. Or he's a really good actor. Which wouldn't be odd, since the mayor is as well. As for why he's suspicious about me and her, Barracuda is one of the only topics we both really like to talk about, so our conversations about me are a lot more enthusiastic. And one day I made a mistake and mentioned my energy absorption ability, which hadn't actually be reported anywhere yet, even on the fan sites. I managed to play it off as a rumor I'd heard, and then made a big show of repeatedly absorbing things in the next fight in front of some witnesses, so it became common knowledge, but every so often I see him looking at me with the look on his face that means he's thinking really hard about something.

Capfalcon posted:

Who else is on the student council with you? Who are you great friends with? Who's an awful person you never want to see again?

Well there's me, the president. Then Andy the vice-president, Tomas the secretary, Hannah the treasurer, Richard the gopher, and the class representatives. Yes, Gopher is a real position. This is an old school, very 'high class' and 'traditional' which basically means we treat a lot of other students, especially the poorer ones, like garbage. I'm still not sure why anyone would run to be the Gopher, but I guess 'on the student council' looks good on a college application. Basically it's his job to make and pour tea, fetch things, adjust the curtains in the room or buy us pizza if we feel hungry. He's alright.

Hannah is one of my best friends, she's the only one at school I ever really felt comfortable around the last few years as my life wore away. We've been in the same class almost every year, just by chance, and she used to be incredibly shy. But I got her to open up and now she's managed to get to be treasurer! I'm really proud of her, she's made a lot more progress in being happy with her life than I have. Though it probably helps her parents just want her to be happy and don't care if she's the valedictorian and a Mozart master or any of that stuff.

Tomas is the absolute worst. He's just. Ugh. He's the only one who really treats Richard badly, everyone else just feels sort of awkward that we have a Gopher, and is always nice when they ask for things. But Tomas orders him around all the time, complains about anything he can, and just generally abuses his power as much as possible. He doesn't even limit it to Richard, he acts like king of the school just because his family is almost as rich as mine and makes huge donations to school -they're the reason we have a new pool and a new football arena. And to make it worse he's friends with Casey, though he doesn't act as bad around him, so I have to hang out with him outside of student council meetings sometimes.

Capfalcon posted:

What kind of music do you REALLY like? Who introduced you to it, and why do you parents want you to spend less (read: no) time with them?

Oh, you picked up on that? Yeah, classical music can go sit on a shelf getting dusty and rotting. It sounds impressive... the first time you hear it. And it's basically all the same. No... real music is punk rock or grunge. I mean, have you heard anything by Nirvana? Those songs have actually good, catchy tunes, and real meaning to them. What does Mozart's Symphony No. 40 mean? Nothing. But surprise sex Me? That music has a message and it has power.

Annie got my listening to it, I was at her house one day -I told my parents I was studying at the library- and she put them on, and I was hooked in seconds. She's my best friend, better than Hannah even, but we don't have any of the same classes. I'm in the advanced placement courses, and have been the entire time, but she's in the standard classes, which basically means she either isn't white or rich -in her case, both. I met her because we both were in band together, until my parents pulled me out to take private lessons from a tutor instead. But we'd connected there, so we kept in touch, hung out at lunch when I could. I think that was the original reason they pulled me, was because I was getting close with her.

Annie

Why don't they want me spending time with her? Well, looking past the obvious reason, she's poor, she doesn't live in our neighborhood, her parents go to the wrong kind of church, and it's probably her fault I don't agree with my parents views. It's hard to be a bigot when you grow up friends with someone who has none of your advantages, and you can see it, see how people treat the two of you differently for no good reason. I'm sure they blame her for everything about me that's unsatisfactory.

Capfalcon posted:

What are you thinking about doing after school, aside from marrying Casey (...or, you know, not?)

Hahaha not. As soon as I have access to my youth investment accounts I'm out of here.

As much as it frustrates me now, I do have a talent for music. I'd like to start a band, playing stuff I actually like. I think I could make it if I found some other people with the same talent. As long as it doesn't get in the way of me going out with my mask on at night. That's what I really like. Actually... Maybe I could go into Professional Super Fighting. Since with my powers I couldn't do regular stuff, but the powered leagues have been growing in popularity, and I could really let loose against some of the people there.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Capfalcon posted:

Round 2
Barracuda, the Janus
What controversial opinion do you actually share with your parents?

Controversial... I don't think any of my parents' views are really controversial around where we live. But I understand what you mean, and I guess it'd be Illegal Immigration? I don't agree with everything they think about it, but they're right on the main points. A lot of people on the left seem to think it's a race issue (and a lot of people on the right do too) but I've seen it first hand and it's a wealth issue. The whole "taking our jobs" thing is real, but it's because as long as they keep coming into the country without legal recognition and protection, people like my father and the rest of my neighbors will keep hiring them for fractions of the cost to live for all their work forces and make them suffer horrible working conditions to save some money. So. It needs to stop. I don't really get why the people who profit from it are so enthused to try and ban them though.

Capfalcon posted:

Which of your friends doesn't like Barracuda? Why?

I seem to be pretty popular among most people at school (though again with the guys I think it's less because of how good a hero I am) so I'm assuming you mean of the close friends I've already mentioned to you. It's... ugh. Hannah doesn't like Barracuda. I was pretty surprised, and like, Annie loves her, so I figured Hannah would too. But I think she buys into the news a lot more than I thought, and a lot more than Annie or I do. The papers (Halcyon Times and Halcyon Herald) are both owned by the Mayor, so they print whatever he wants which I assume is why they never put anything good about me.

But the real problem is the Halcyon Action Expose show, it's prime time and basically everyone watches it, since it's generally the best way to keep up on hero news. They tend to get the best scoops and almost always have cameras first to the scene, before any news places get it -most news shows just use HAX footage. And I haven't been able to trace the mayor back to them, but I guess I must have damaged whoever owns its' operations because they hate me. They're never too blatant about trying to slander Barracuda, but they frame everything as negatively as they can. Point out property damage caused by the fights, ask pointed questions but never answer them about her targets appearing to be respected businesses. That sort of thing. Anyway, Hannah loves watching it to keep up on the hero and villain news, and by the time I brought up Barracuda with her she was already solidly against her. I guess you can't win them all, but... ugh.

Capfalcon posted:

Where did you go to train before you were on the team? Why do you still go back there?

We have a local gym inside Halcyon Acres (the gated community we live in) that I didn't go to, because if it'd be too easy to notice how strong I was getting with a bunch of people who knew me before. I tried a few other gyms but it because obvious pretty quickly that there weren't enough weights or anything for the machines to make a difference, and aside from stretches, I couldn't do any physical workouts like running without drawing attention for being too fast - and it's a bit hard to stretch when your limbs can bend freely in whatever direction you want. Eventually I found a good place to practice, this old abandoned gasification plant.

All the old pipes and the general twistedness of the place made it a perfect place to practice climbing and jumping and clinging to hard to reach areas and the like. Properly aiming a jump from one narrow pipe to another. It used to be at the edge of the city, but in the years since it's been used the city sprawl has extended well past it, so now its in an area between the industrial section and a residential neighborhood, so practically no one ever goes there, so I didn't have to worry about being seen. I keep going back because... well it's a bit nostalgic, and I'm completely alone there, so I can really have time to think by myself. It's peaceful, working my way up and around the inside of the building alone at night, with earbuds in playing some music to run to.

Also the team doesn't really have a better spot to train that sort of thing.

Capfalcon posted:

Who, besides the Cobalt Samurai, knows your secret identity? How'd they find out? What did they want in return for keeping the secret?

Stumped on this one for now, will come back to it tomorrow.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Okay, first I need to say, my team is amazing. I'm on a team with a Vampire (pretty nervous about this, but it's still cool), a zombie (uh... this isn't really cool. But it's interesting), a Vampire Hunter(!!) which is bound to cause problems given teammates 1 and 2, and a superstar hero who can light herself on fire and fuel my powers. This team is great. We're great.

When our team first came together... We saved the life of someone important, either to the city or to us. Who was it? Why are they important?
We saved.... Ugh, I can't believe it, we saved the Mayor! This is so stupid. It was the perfect chance to just let an accident happen to him, or something. But no, no one told me the mayor was in the Museum, for like.... a press event or something. So when we saved everyone, obviously, we saved the Mayor. I don't think the rest of the team knew he's bad news, I hadn't told them yet.

I did mention it afterwards, rather vocally, when I was swearing about him after I found out. But really, a witch's servant and an ancient vampire, it would have been so easy to let one of them get him during the fighting! If only I'd known!

Relationships
Silver Bolt knew you from your civilian life first.

Oh, he doesn't know that he knew me from my civilian life. Actually, I wasn't too sure at first either. See, he's got a secret identity too, and he keeps it pretty well. If he wasn't well known at school for having more abs than anyone has ever seen, I probably wouldn't have put it together. But after spending some time with him as Silver Bolt, I realized who he was. Haven't said anything, though I've almost slipped up and called him Mathew a couple times. He keeps to himself a lot at school, so I don't know him super well from there, but he's smart and athletic and he never did the stuff the other rich kids did. No way I'm telling him I know him though. That'd make it way too easier to figure out who I am.

You refused to tell Bunny Bat your secret identity when they asked.
Look, so she's a vampire right. I'm not prejudiced against vampires or anything -mostly because who thought vampires actually existed? Not me- but she also used to be a super villain. Or uh, a villain anyway, not sure she made super. So considering I'm not about to trust Silver Bolt, who I know is a stand up guy in on my secret, I'm sure not going to let an ex-villain vampire know just because she asked. A secret is only a secret as long as only you know it.

Influence

You look up to your teammates; they seem to have this superhero thing figured out. Give two of them Influence over you

Silver Bolt is, like I said, a stand up guy, and he's been training to be a hero for years. He even showed me his family's secret training ground, which was awesome of him. He doesn't even have powers, but he can keep up with us.

Even just coming into the team Flaire is already a semi famous superstar hero! That's really impressive. And her fire powers are really really impressive. Even better, she can blast them down around me while I'm fighting someone and I can use them to supercharge myself. We make a great combo! Also, she got to team up with Iaijutsu, which is so cool. Iaijutsu's like, my teen hero role model, as far as it goes.

Sponsor
I was sponsored by Wildfire. Frankly, I have no idea why. Or, maybe I have an idea? I heard he and Cobalt Samurai used to be a team ages ago. No idea what happened about that, but maybe since she needed a second Sponsor, she asked him? Dunno.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Silver Bolt
Flaire

rest later

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Can't vote for yourself hot shot

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Barracuda's room has barely anything in it, but what is in it is remarkably high quality, indicating she has access to a lot of money. It has two lamps on opposite corners of the room with sun lights, and two lamps in the other corners with normal lights tinted orange so Bunny doesn't have to worry about frying if she comes inside. The floor has an expensive Persian styled rug, a single small couch up against one wall, and a turbo powered treadmill in the middle so she can actually run at her full speed on it. Aside from that, the room has a locked wardrobe with a few Barracuda suits and masks inside, a couple changes of designer clothes and a stack of books. Oh, and an iPod dock left hanging out of an outlet on the wall.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Spending my Potential to take Drives as my advance.

Starting with
Take down a threat all on your own
Pull off a ridiculous stunt
Get drunk or high with a teammate
Punch out a teammate

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Leader
Silver Bolt
Mithril

---
Cuda cares about what both of them think.

mistaya posted:

Silver Bolt cares what everybody thinks so you can all take your influence. *grumble*

---

Leader? Well, duh, ME!!!

Um, let's see. Mithril is probably the best SECOND we could have since she's used to following orders and improvising (and 'Cuda is being a little bit unreliable lately with the whole quitting or not-quitting thing.) Leader wise Flaire would put the most effort into being a good leader (if only to make herself look good.) I don't think anyone else would actually WANT the job.

Excuse me, there is no "quitting or not-quitting thing". I quit. It's not my fault you keep following me around. If you want me back you get Tatsu to apologize, or at least agree not to be a complete poo poo to his teammates.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

quote:

Also, if I brushed over something that you want to be resolved or come up after camp, let me know in the OOC thread.

Just putting a note that Cuda's family's dinner with highly suspicious sponsors for the mayor and her raid on the base should be happening fairly soon.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Also Here is the influence sheet.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Rauri posted:

Yes, no, no. Sorry Silver Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Capfalcon, where are yoooooou, come back

• Locked thread