Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

What if...Spiderman Stopped The Burglar Who Killed Uncle Ben And Learned Nothing About Responsibility?

Hey, how are you doing? The name's Spiderman. Spelt Spider then Man. You might know me from my TV series, The Amazing Spider-Man. It was all the rave like two years ago when I burst from youtube and straight into the TV scene.

Tacky costume, right? Yeah, that's the director. They kept me on a tight contract: TV-Y7 or GTFO, you know? I mean, I was okay with it at first. I used to be a nerd. Glasses, tape on them, all that jazz. Big fan of Flying Freedom. Got all her comics. Still do. But, I met some people while in the TV bizz and really warmed up to a lot of new ideas and image changes. I used to be a perfect angel, perfect son. Yeah, that changed.

Apparently I'm a joke in the superhero world and in the TV world. Just some punk teen who does tricks for the camera.

I ain't no dog. So, when the contract was up for renewal, I dropped that scene hard. Started branching out and trying to get more of the teen demographic. I'm only 16, I should do better with them.

Tried an outfit change, breaking into the music industry, and teaming up with other celebrity heroes.

That's D-Pool on the right. Dude is insane, but is the only one of us who actually knew how to rap.

Didn't work. No respect.

Now, I'm doing the hero business. Do some good, get some good PR, get people to recognize I ain't a joke.

Junior team might sound like a raw deal, but you got to start somewhere.

The Star posted:

Hero Name: Spiderman (The Spider, MC Spider, D.J. Spider, Spidey)
Secret Identity: Peter Parker
Look: Male, White, charming smile, designer clothing, ridiculous costume
Abilities: Spider powers (?, can I do this?)

Labels:
Freak: +1
Danger: -1
Savior: +1
Superior: +3
Mundane: -1

When did you first appear onscreen?
About three years ago. I did a series of youtube videos where I would do impossible acrobatic challenges suggested by viewers. TV picked me up and my career went from there.

What do you tell people about how you got your powers?
Since I don't want people to go around playing with nuclear radiation -- and neither did the network--, the official story is I'm a mutant. In reality, I got bit from a radioactive spider.

Who, outside of the team, supports your burgeoning star in every way possible?
My girlfriend Mary Jane -- a supermodel -- loves the attention I get and supports me along the way. And, hey, don't be an rear end in a top hat. I know I'm a celebrity dating a supermodel, but we got more going on for our relationship than just money and stardom.

Who, outside of the team, loathes what you represent?
My Uncle Ben. He always told me "with great power, comes great responsibility." Over and over and over again. Blah, blah, blah. I used to listen when I was a dweeb, but I've grown up. If you think he hated it when I was just on TV, you should have seen him when my rap album came out. But, he is a father to me so I aint gonna hate him.

Why do you care about the team?
To grow my brand. Get respect. And go back into the entertainment industry and be treated as the big star that I am, not some dog who does tricks.

Moves
Time for the show: When you put on a flamboyant display of your powers, roll+Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1-for-1 to name an NPC present and choose one:
● This person must meet me
● This person loves me
● This person volunteers help or information
● This person admires my team
● This person must have my help
On a miss, your display catches someone watching in exactly the wrong way; brace yourself.

Stage-fighting: When you directly engage a threat with an audience watching, mark a condition to roll+Superior instead of Danger.

Audience
You are a celebrity in the city—although being a celebrity doesn’t always mean you’re liked. By default, your audience is a limited group of interested fans, and you speak to them through afteraction interviews and infrequent press conferences.

Why does your audience love you? Mark all that apply.
You’re charming, well-spoken, and smart
You're stunning, unique, and beautiful
You’re just like them

Choose two advantages:
You have a dedicated internet following
You're well-established

Choose two demands your audience makes on you:
They require perfection—no mistakes.
They require novelty and brand new action.

When you seek help from your audience, roll+Superior. On a hit, someone in your audience can hook you up. On a 10+, they'll only make a small demand. On a 7-9, their demands are a lot higher. On a miss, you've made a mistake, and your audience won't help you until you've redeemed yourself in their eyes.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, say whether it's part of the show or not. If it is, then you can shift your Labels as you choose. If it is not, then they shift your Labels, and you can clear a condition or mark potential.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they will tell anyone the truth about you. If they agree to keep it a secret, clear a condition or mark potential. If they don't agree, then they shift your Labels according to how they see you now.

When our team first came together…
We, as a team, attracted media attention within the city, thanks to our efforts. Who are they? Why do they support us?

Relationships
__________________ might wind up being more of a star than me some day.
__________________ would be a great sidekick.

Influence
Choose how you see the team: as a means to an end.

If you see the team as a means to an end, give no one Influence.

Additional Questions posted:

Which hero sponsored you for this team and what did you do to get their attention?

That would be Iron Woman. We met at a party in Halcyon City. Pretty high class. She was the one who told me that, if I wanted to get my act together, I should look into the Super League. It wasn't that easy to get her as a sponsor, though. Had to do buddy cop with her for a few weeks before she would even consider sponsoring me.

What's an interesting place in town?
I'm a Halcyon City local, born and raised. Before I took my powers to the screen, I walked the streets like everyone else. Jungle Hills is where I was raised and I know the place like the back of my hand. My favorite pizza place may be closed and my old cub scout troop is gone, but it's still home to me.

Who's an interesting non-hero in town?
That got to be my main nemesis, John Jonah Jameson. I call him 3J, Jerk, Judgmental, Joyless. The second I slipped out of my contract and started branching out, his newspapers, Daily Trumpet, started ragging on me for my attitude. But it really, really got bad when I started doing the buddy cop routine with Iron Woman. "Unfit, vulgar, and a poor rolemodel." Yeah, because he's a real angel.

Dude has got it out for me.

(optional) What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?
The camera pans in to another hero's shadow to a black screen. The dark is blown away by spotlights and a redcarpet rolling out. I walk like a badass toward the camera with Mary Jane. Once I get close enough, I show off my sick rings on my right hand and give a tough look. Then, the camera zooms in on the white eye spots of my mask and transitions to the next hero.

(optional) A thread name for the IC thread
Spider-Man and his Amazing Thread (IC suggestion)

Super Team Assemble (OC suggestion)

Covok fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Platonicsolid posted:

The new beta sheets okay? Star and Joined look interesting.

Yeah, they're cool.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Who managed to make the leap you missed by going from TV star to respected celebrity?
Midway through season one of the Amazing Spiderman, the director thought I needed someone to play off of. My character would do quips and crazy tricks, but then the villain would just get mad, except for on the rare occasion their personality would let them quip back. I needed someone to joke off-of. Not to mention that the show needed drama. So, they set out to get me a partner.

They were originally going to just get someone without powers and do special effects, but that would be a pain with my actual powers. We lucked out and found a young talent who also had spider powers in Halcyon City. Big city, not a big surprise.

The real surprise was that Gwen Stacey -- don't say I told you I said that since we and the studio are contractually obligated to not say her name (same with me when it comes to her and the studio) -- was from the same class as me. Apparently, she also got bit by a radioactive spider on that trip to Oscorp (Just like me, she was officially called a mutant). Makes me wonder how many "spiderman" (well, Spiderwoman, in her case) are running throughout Halcyon City right now.

Anyway, midseason 2, she felt like she wasn't getting respect -- she wasn't -- and quit the show. She went solo and went straight to hero work. Proved herself better than my "sidekick" (I always considered her an equal partner, but the studio didn't). Got big quick and a lot of respect.

Hell, her success is part of why I thought quitting the show might be a good idea.

Not on the best of terms, though. We dated for a bit behind the scenes and it ended roughly. Sort of a sore spot. Wouldn't bring it up.

So, how did your Uncle find out that you were Spiderman?
That is a funny story. See, a kid as young as me suddenly getting a lot of money, being out all the time, and being evasive about where I've been lead him to think I'd been dealing drugs on the street or something. He couldn't be further from the truth, but, hey, can't blame him: it's a more believable story then "I got superpowers and then got a TV show where I play a fake superhero."

One day, I come home from shooting and he and my aunt May were waiting for me. They did a lot of heartfelt speeches and wanted to let me know that, even if we had trouble paying for things and making end's meat, Parkers always make it through on the right side of the law. When the thing started, I felt annoyed since I really didn't want to be found out, but, by the end, I felt terrible. Finally, I gave in and revealed my powers and job.

The results were mixed. My Aunt was okay with it, but my Uncle -- the guy who gave me all those Flying Freedom comics -- felt it was a waste. That got me pissed since I was helping pay the rent now since society was screwing us over. That I was being responsible. He agreed and appreciated it, but, with all the "crazies" running around, the country needs young people to step up and fight so people can sleep well at night. He is always like that, it's something I respect in him: never caring about himself, but always worrying about others.

But, needless to say, in that moment, it pissed me right off and lead to me storming out and spending a few days over my friend, Harry's, place until I calmed down and we reconciled.

Who at the Daily Bugle has your back, letting you know the details about the latest hatchet job? Why?

That'd be Robbie Roberston. He contacted me in an e-mail about it with his apologies. Apparently, he is the editor-in-chief there and really wants 3J to stop running this place "like a tabloid." Hell, he wishes all newspapers would get off celebrity's back since it "isn't real news" and wouldn't make lies up about "people just trying to do some good in this city."

He's a good guy and got my respect.

Do you have anything you want that the fame and respect get you, or are they an end to themselves?

What are you? Freud?

I want respect because I put a lot of work into my projects. I work out every day, I learned how to do martial arts so I could better choregraphy, I took acting classes, and a lot of other crap. What do I get for all that? Being treated like a joke. Hearing people make snide comments behind my back about how I'm "a shame to all people with powers" and "give mutants a bad name" (even though I'm not actually a mutant). That isn't what I deserve and I definitely couldn't stand it when that news report had Gwen (sorry, Spiderwoman) saying the same stuff: that was the last straw.

Hell, it's just infuriating to get mocked by everyone. It makes me glad that I kept a secret identity or else my entire life could have become "part of the show" and I'd have to see dumb magazine covers making fun of my Aunt May or something.

And it's not just that. I may be "an unfit rolemodel" but my character don't preach hate: he preaches truth, justice, and standing up for yourself. I send a positive message with my show and my short-lived music career. Entertainment can affect people, man. Maybe it is just a dumb show, but maybe it helps some kid out there or something like that.

Doesn't help my official story is I'm a mutant: they don't have it easy. Lot of prejudice. When I suggested that being my cover, there was a lot of pushback. A positive portrayal of a mutant on TV wasn't exactly something the network wanted on the show: too much potential for controversy. But, I got them to back down and use that story by pointing out how much worse a lawsuit over kids getting sick from trying to get my powers would be. I doubt my show or my life could really help mutantkind -- even I'm not that self-absorbed --, but being so unrespected that I disgrace them, especially when I'm not actually one of them, just makes me feel like a sack of dirt. Especially since I still l remember that one mutant kid who told me my show made him feel "normal."

Or, heck, maybe it is all about me and everything I say otherwise is just some elaborate excuse. I know I can be an egotist, but, hey, no man really knows himself, ya know?

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 18, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Who's the Leaguer that thinks you don't deserve this shot and how'd they make sure you know?

So, remember how my official cover is I'm a mutant and how a lot of people think I'm a disgrace? Well, besides them being wrong, it can lead to mixed opinions. Obviously, I do bad with anti-mutant people. However, while I do great with kid mutants who think I'm proof a mutant can be successful, I do poorly with older mutants who, while they like my in-show persona, feel that my out-show personality hinders their attempts at equal rights. The Badger, being one of the oldest mutants still alive, is not pleased with me.

When I was doing buddy cop with Iron Woman, he took me aside one day when she needed to go back to League HQ. Needed some equipment in there and had me wait in the lobby for her. He happened to come in and start talking to me. It's what you'd expect: "your existence makes our plight into a joke," "you're not a role model," and "you need to straighten up and stop pushing us back." It might surprise you, but I didn't talk back. I feel for mutants -- hence the original idea of the cover -- and, when it comes from a mutant, I can't blame them or even disagree. Someone may have messed with him because of me or my antics outside the show. Even just a dumb expectation that my show somehow placed on him, in the eyes of the audience. Could even be something as simple as the fear that I'll undo the civil rights work he and his people have tried very hard to obtain.

After he was done with his rant, I told him how I was here because I was out of show biz (didn't mention my intent to return) and was doing hero work with Iron Woman. He actually liked hearing that and warmed up to me.

That is, however, till I mentioned my intent to join the Junior League. That lead to another 180: he was livid. In his mind, giving me an air of officialness after doing so little to undo my image as a "punk and rear end in a top hat" was only going to hurt the cause. I still feel it's the only way to get respect for all I do. He was quick to say I do pretty little and that respect is earned over time, not given.

When Iron Woman came back, he went off on her for a bit, but didn't change her mind. She made it clear she thinks this is the only way I'll ever learn is to have to work alongside other people my age against common, real threats. Not a fan of that wording, but, if it gets me on the team, whatever.

What exactly does D-Pool do? Like on a day to day basis? Do you still hang out with him?
D-pool is crazy. Me and him hang from time to time, but I keep our business short. The dude used to be a mercenary for the army. Real black-ops. Like, he's not just making it up: it's true. After the war, he came down with cancer and took some experimental procedures to cure it. Awoken his mutant gene and, while he wouldn't die of cancer anymore, it horribly disfigured him. Don't know if that's when he lost his mind or if that happened during the merc work.

Dude has done everything since that from supervillain work, to superhero work, to movies, to a short-lived music career. The guy has a big rep for good and bad reasons. Right now, he's gone back to the superhero game, but not sure how long that will last.

He was a big fan of my show, actually, and that's how we met. He's personality was off-putting as hell: he is way too forward, self-centered, and delusional. But, I got to admit that the guy is funny. He also knew a lot of people and, hell, got me into the party where I met Iron Woman.

It was his idea to do a rap album. Wasn't something I should have agreed to.

What's Mary Jane's latest project, and how does she want you to help make sure it's a success?
Mary Jane is currently pushing a line of jewerly. It's some pretty nice stuff. You know, it's aimed at women, mostly, but the line includes a male line. And, as you probably guessed, some of my new bling comes straight from her line. My sick watch, my nice chain, and this awesome ring. She mostly wants me to wear it and her company will bring it up in the news when I kick butt. But, if I get into an interview, she'd love if I snuck in an endorsement here or there.

Hope this doesn't become a habit of her's, though. Fighting in jewelry is not easy.

Who did you manage to piss off while playing buddy cop with Iron Woman, and why did she approve?
See, that's an embarrassing story.

My friend, Harry, his father runs Oscrop. The whole organization that accidentally made me Spiderman (don't tell anyone). Well, one day, we were fighting this villain known as the Green Goblin. I recognized his equipment from the tour of Oscorp's lab that got me my powers. His voice also sounded familiar, like Harry's dad. Also, I could have sworn I saw him fly into Harry's house. Well, Mansion. Harry is pretty well to do.

I got this insane notion that the Goblin was Harry's dad, Norman. I started investigating him, stalking him, and even used my civilain persona to snoop around his place. Nothing came up and, on one stakeout, Norman saw me. He was furious, threaten to sue me into the stone age, and almost had me arrested. Thankfully, by promising to never bother him again, he let me go.

I told it to Iron Woman and she had a mixed response. She loved my initiative and desire to catch a crook, but told me to leave that to when I actually know how to investigate. Or, if nothing else, tell her first and have her handle it. As it stood, I had no evidence and Norman seemed as clean as a whistle, ignoring some ethically questionable practices. So, she had me drop it.

Still think he might be the goblin, though.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 19, 2016

• Locked thread