Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

They say politics make strange bedfellows... but I think you can apply that to life in general. I mean, just look at me. A year and a half ago, I considered the mere notion of vampires being real ridiculous. I was way too busy worrying about the entrance exam for the university for such nonsensical thoughts. The superheroes kept ordinary people like us safe, and all was well and good.

And then, all of a sudden you wake up in a place you don't know, in a coffin. Your head spins, and there's a weird old man telling you he's your distant ancestor. Oh, and that you're a vampire now. And you know who it was? Dracula. The man himself is apparently my ancestor.

Needless to say, I was less than thrilled about any of this.

Following that, I just kind of drifted for a bit, trying to get my new (un)life in order. I mean, it wasn't like I could go back to my family, was it? Didn't really work all that well, all things considered. It's kind of hard to be a law-abiding citizen when you're a creature of the night that requires blood to live. Eventually, I just gave up on it, and kind of went with it. Started robbing smaller places, and homes. Met the wrong kind of people, and made friends with them.

Honestly? It felt great. I finally had found some people that were okay with my existence as a vampire. But, the things we did, they didn't stay small. What used to be convenience stores soon turned into banks, and instead of cops we soon started fighting supers. People started getting hurt, and you had to ask exactly the wrong kind of people for favors.

It just didn't sit right with me anymore. So I quit our little alliance. But soon after, the same emptiness came back...

But that's when I met her.

quote:

Which hero sponsored you for this team and what did you do to get their attention?

Flashcaster.

I... kind of accidentally helped them catch a serial killer. I'll... go into more detail later.

Answered this in my mask-specific questions.

quote:

What's an interesting place in town?

Oh, that'd definitely be the Mokovski Bar downtown. It's what best described as a villain bar. Except, even some of the more 'troubled' heroes hang out there, too! It's sort of a lesser known neutral space. I used to go there, and I still do now!

I mean, I was pretty scared of first, but then Sara dragged me there. Turns out they're perfectly cool with it as long as you don't abuse it, like ambushing them outside of it or raiding the place. They really don't like that. As in "team up with every goddamn villain in the city to bash down the idiots who tried" don't like that.

See, what most people don't realize - most villains aren't of the evil 'mwahaha, I will blow up this city' kind. No, they're just ordinary people reality shafted. They very much see villainy as a job sort of like heroes do. They need a place to relax, and this is the one they chose.

quote:

Who's an interesting non-hero in town?

Mr. Mokovski. Yeah, the guy who runs the bar. I still have no idea how he managed that, but even the most hardcore rear end in a top hat villains that frequent the place are terrified of him. If somebody causes trouble, all he does is stare at them and they just quiet down. It's amazing.

This is probably the reason why the heroes that visit this place aren't getting stomped into the dirt - as long as they abide by the unwritten rules, it's all good.

quote:

Who mentored you in supervillainy?

Vlad the Impaler, Vlad Tepes, Dracula. You know the names. He’s quite famous in literature and other media. What you probably don’t know? He really IS a vampire. And he’s still around. How do I know that, you ask? Well…

He’s the one that turned me into a vampire. Turns out, I am apparently some really distant relative to him, and he turned me as “a gift”. Really, I think he’s just lonely. But, anyway… I didn’t really ask for it, but not like I can change it. It sucks. He's still around... just not doing much. Mostly complaining about missing the good old days and showering me with gifts. Useless stuff, sadly. You know, stuff they liked... a few hundred years ago? At least it's actually making me quite a lot of money, selling all this crap.

It's... actually kind of awkward. I don't think he quite understands this human interaction thing anymore. What he's really good at though? Being a vampire. I still have no idea how the hell he manages to sneak up on people IN FULL PLATE ARMOR. And yet he does. It's quite the sight! Also, he's really strong. Guy punched through a wall once when a vampire hunter went after me. Scared the hell out of me!

Also stupidly doting in regards to me. Not only did he teach me how to, uhh, well, vampire, he's constantly sending money and other things my way. Like a a rich father. I really wish he'd just ASKED before turning me into a bloody vampire, though..

quote:

Who first showed you that you could do good?

Flashcaster. She’s a Silver generation superspeedster with light-based energy powers.

Anyway, it’s a bit of a story. See, I was just out on the prowl, sating my thirst… when I suddenly heard a scream out of an alley. Someone was yelling for help. I mean, I’m a blood sucking monster, sure. But I never thought myself as heartless. So I checked it out. I was pretty shocked when I saw it was a madman swiping at a defenseless woman with a knife. Pretty dumb, I know, but I just kind of threw myself on him and tackled him, biting into his neck. He trashed heavily, and soon after managed to get me off by slamming into a wall, but he collapsed right after – along with me.

As I got up again I realized Flashcaster was watching the entire thing. I panicked and backed off, turning to run but I already knew it was futile – after all, she’s got super speed and could easily blind me. Except she never actually chased after me. She just smiled as I fled. Later on, in the news… I realized I just stopped a serial killer.

quote:

What caused you to switch sides?

That moment? It’s been haunting me for weeks. I’ve thought I was stuck in my current life, just endlessly forced to attack people just to survive. I happened to run into her again a few days later. Unfortunately… I may have surprised her, dropping down next to her like that. And, uh, she kind of knocked me out instantly and handcuffed me to a street lantern. Oops…

When I came to, after, she asked me what the hell I thought I was doing. I told her that I didn’t understand why she did what she did the first time, and that it drove me crazy. I think she understood, even before I did. I wanted an out.

And thankfully, she provided it to me. I just wish the League's PR team didn't force me to use this ridiculous hero name... This must be their punishment for my crimes...

quote:

What was your goal as a villain?

I… really didn’t have much of one, really. I just wanted to survive, and make most of with what I have. After all, I couldn’t exactly continue my normal life when I got turned into a vampire.

At first, I didn't really do much other than what I had to do to sustain myself, but it soon grew larger than that. But it wasn't really wanted - I just got swept along.

quote:

Why do you care about the team?

They’re my ticket to digging myself out of this hole I was dropped into. With them, I can do things. Good things. Instead of just stalking the streets and living off other people. I really hope this works out…

quote:

(optional) What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?

Sleeping in her coffin (because of course she has one), Sunniva wakes up, rising out of the coffin... and promptly hitting a light bulb. Dazed, she finally stands up, only to be immediately blinded by the sunlight coming out of the opened curtain. She then exits the room in a walk of defeat as the scene switches to the next member of the team.

quote:

(optional) A thread name for the IC thread

Growing Pains

quote:

Mask: The Reformed
Look: female, Transylvanian, concealing clothing, shadowy Eyes, regal costume
Abilities: Vitality Absorption being a gently caress-mothering vampire
Freak: +1
Danger: +2
Savior: -1
Superior: 0
Mundane: +1

Not so different:
When you pierce the mask of a hero, add this question to the list:
- what was your darkest moment?

Wrong side of the tracks:
You always get to ask an additional questions when you pierce the mask of a villain, even on a miss.

Friends in Low Places
You have ties to villains from your previous career. Name three. For each of them, choose a specialty.

quote:

Evil Eye

The League knows her as Evil Eye, I know her as Sara. She's got a pretty nasty illusion power, To the affected, it pretty much feels like reality warping.

But anyway, enough about her power, let me tell you about her. She's used to be my main partner in crime. Hell, we were pretty much life partners. Dracula gave me a hideout to use, and she always hung out there. I asked here if she doesn't want to go visit her parents at some point, but she only replied "I don't do that anymore".

Figure something must have happened there, but she never told me. But it's probably the cause of her attitude - because she's a bit nuts. A hot-head, and always looking for a thrill. Pretty much the opposite of me, I guess. Perhaps that's why we worked together so well.

Oh, and got one hell of an australian accent, too. Even after an entire year I couldn't understand half the words she said.

Specialty: materials | Obligation: [x][x][][]

quote:

Lag

That'd be Lily. She joined our little villain team a month after I did. The picture pretty much describes her perfectly - a goth, always something sweet in her mouth, and somehow perpetually angry.

Usually at Sara for being too noisy, at her laptop for being too slow, at the cars being too loud, the food being too warm. I think I even heard her complain about the rain being too wet once...

Also not really worth a drat in a fight. She's just as brittle as she looks. So why did we keep her around? She was really good, crazy good, at computer crap. It's probably some sort of superpower. I mean, how the hell do you even drive a car via a laptop otherwise?

Anyway, she was pretty much the 'brains' of our team. Constantly getting info, doing mission control if we were feeling heist-y, and so on. Actually miss her yelling at Sara quite a bit. It never failed to amuse me.

Come to think of it, she never once yelled at me. Wonder why that is?

Specialty: insider info
Obligation: [x][][][]

quote:

Luminaera

Ahahaha, yeah, that's Annabel. Also known as 'Pipsqueak', 'Ms. No Fashion Sense', 'Flashlight' and some other loving nicknames, she's pretty much been the butt of most jokes on the team.

You'd figure somebody with light based powers would be a hero, right? Well, that's kinda what she ran away from. See, there's this really famous legacy in Britain - the Lightbringers (not to be confused with this city's famous legacy of Lightbringers - apparently people have no goddamn originality nowadays) - and she's the most recent scion. But she's the weakest so far, and the least interested in the hero business to boot. At some point she just couldn't handle the pressure to be a hero anymore and ran away.

With a lot of cash, (and some weird magic crap she 'borrowed' from her family). I mean, we're pretty far away from anywhere British. But, anyway, we picked her up when she was just aimlessly wandering the streets - quite a lot like Sara did with me, actually - and she's been part of the team ever since. Despite the teasing she just loves being part of the team - likely because of the freedom she now has.

Also, remember when I said she was the weakest of the Lightbringers? Don't let that fool you. She used to be the team's heavy hitter. She's hella strong. I don't wanna know what the other end of the Lightbringer looks like.

So, yeah, now you know about my ex-team members. God, I miss them. Really wish I could keep in contact, but it's not allowed. Only place I can meet them is at the bar.

Specialty: cosmic artifacts
Obligation: [][][][]

When you create your character, mark two obligation on one villain, and mark one obligation on another.

When you come to them for help with your problems, mark obligation on them, and they'll help out within their specialty. If all their boxes are full, then they will not help you until you help them.

At the beginning of each session, roll +your highest obligation. On a 10+, they come crashing into your life with a crisis. On a 7-9, they call for a favor. On a miss, they don’t come knocking yet, but mark obligation with them — the debts are getting heavier.
When you help them with their problems, erase 2 obligation on them.

When our team first came together…
When the team formed we fought a terrible evil and they lost something precious. Who was it and what did they lose?

Relationships
I follow ______’s example of what a hero ought to be.
I did something terrible to ____ once. I hope they can forgive me one day.

Do you talk openly about your days as a villain? If so, give each team member Influence over you. If not, just give Influence to the one teammate whose example you most closely follow.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Capfalcon posted:

Bunny Bat, the Redeemed
So, since you're trying to be on the straight and narrow, who's keeping you fed? Why?

It's a mixture of 'donations' from the blood bank, people who agree to it, and, well, villains. The problem is, the first one is a pretty low amount - basically, if I need any extra, because I was in an actual fight and need to heal up, for instance, I need to fall back on the last two. Which kind of sucks, but what can you do?

As for why, there's not really much to it. The League has agreements with all kinds of special needs heroes. Like, some of these need to eat metal, or their power requires they drink huge amounts of water, or whatever. I'm really just one of them. Granted, the fact that I'm a former villain is somewhat unique, but the reception to that is surprisingly positive, in-league. They're hoping, like me, that it actually sticks, of course.

Not like there's an alternative, anyway. I have to get the blood from somewhere. Best out of a blood-bag than a civ', right? Especially since it's pretty hard to control myself when I'm on a blood-craze.

quote:

Which one of your old teammates doesn't seem to mind your new line of work?

Sara, or as you know her, Evil Eye.

Yeah, I was surprised, too. But then again, she thinks it's just a phase, and I'll 'bounce right back'.

... I did tell you she's a bit nuts, right? Lag's ambivalent, and Lumi' doesn't approve at all, to complete the set. Not all that surprising. Lumi likes being a villain a bit too much. It's kinda creepy, actually.

quote:

What important thing did you steal that you haven't gotten around to returning? Why?

Well, uhm... It's kinda awkward. See, remember when we raided the town hall? I kindamaybesorta 'borrowed' the replacement master key. And then, a few weeks later, forgot about it. I just recently found the drat thing again. Was stuck way down in one of my backpacks.

And, uh, much to my surprise, it still worked. They didn't swap the locks or anything. I just... I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. If I give it back they'll just accuse me of having stolen it recently, and perhaps even revoke my probationary period.

So yeah, I'm... just gonna keep it for now. And hey, with the frequency people raid the town hall, this may just be incredibly useful in a pinch.

quote:

What really weird gift from Dracula turned out to be pretty handy?

Oh, it's gotta be this thing.

Sunniva pulls a small, pink hair bow and puts it on. She promptly... turns into a bat. With said hair bow on it... And then reverts back.

Yeah, vampires turning into bats? It's real. This is a little thing that helps fledglings like me how to do it. Needlessly to say, it's pretty useful to be able to fly, even if it's slow. But holy hell, that pink bow on the bat form is so embarrassing. I REALLY worked hard to no longer need this thing. Maybe that's the point, though.

The number of bats correlates to your skill and age. Dracula turns into a huge swarm of the things. What, me? Oh, about ten. It's kind of hard to count - you're way more focused to just keep the drat things from crashing into things, after all you're controlling multiple bodies at once.

Wonder if it works on non-vampires...

quote:

EVERYONE, just to be clear, do you actually have a secret identity? Why or why not? If yes, who knows?

Well, yes and no. It's not like I wear a mask... but I'm using a fake last name, and I'm literally half the world away from my real birthplace. As for why not... I don't see why it matters. I mean, I'm a bloody vampire, I haven't exactly kept contact with my parents. Only Dracula himself knows who I really am, since he found me and everything.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 18, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

quote:

When's the first time you did something unabashedly heroic in public? How'd it go wrong?

Well, you know how they say all transitions are awkward? Mine sure was! I was out on patrol with Flashcaster, on my very first one after I officially became a hero, and... guess what, we stumbled upon a villain raiding a museum. Unfortunately, that villain was Mirror Maestro. He already had a bunch of civilians trapped in his weird portal mirrors, so we were kind of at a disadvantage. We split up, Flashcaster took a more direct path while I snuck above him.

At that point I assumed she actually had a plan. Turns out... she didn't have one. Soon, she too got trapped. But... Mirror Maestro didn't expect me, at all. See, the whole myth about vampires not casting reflections? It's true.

He was completely blindsided by me just walking at him and punching him in the face. Over and over. See... I was kind of still used to my old way. Cold efficiency. So when the civilians were released from the mirrors... they pretty much just saw two villains beating each other into unconsciousness. And, of course, bailed. By the time I was done with him, there was nobody left to realize I was the one to actually save the day. Other than Flashcaster, of course... who just scolded me for my methods.

quote:

How are you planning on proving to your teammates that you deserve this chance?

Well, the first step is that I need to prove I really did turn over a new leaf. That's probably the hardest part.

After that's done, I'll show them what someone like me - who's been on both sides - can accomplish. I know how villains think. It's a more valuable asset than most people can imagine. Now only do I know how they do things, I can figure out what they want pretty easily. And why the want it. And I know for sure for a lot of em, you can just talk them out of it. You just need to hit the right notes...

And after that? Well, good old bribery works. I got a lot of money that can go into ice cream, you know? People love ice cream. Or new surround blasters. Or whatever suits their fancy.

quote:

So, what exactly is it like? Being a vampire, I mean? Which of the weaknesses work and which don't?

Well, it's... uh... something. As much as I whine about it, it has its good parts. For one, I'm faster, stronger, and sneakier than an ordinary human. I've got a perfect darkvision, and my other senses are sharpened too. Hell, I can turn into a bat swarm and even hypnotize people! Theoretically, anyway. It's... kind of based on willpower. Like, for someone as fresh as me to hypnotize you, you REALLY have to be a doormat. It's basically like having powers!

Just... the bad part about it? They suck. Uh, pun not intended. There's the bloodlust, which is definitely the worst part of it. The thirstier you are, the more you see other people as food, and not, well, people. It disgusts me every time, looking at a person like that... Worst part is how easy you can lose control of yourself to it. If you're half-starved, all it takes is a little laps of consciousness (and they happen more and more when you don't drink blood) and you got your teeth in someone else's neck. If you're really starved... Gosh, I don't even wanna think about it.

And there's this whole array of weaknesses.

Fire's pretty bad. Thing about vampires is, apparently only their outermost layers of skin are a bit moist, due to enviromental absorption. Otherwise, our bodies are pretty drat dry. And that means, we burn reaaallly well. Forgive me for not wanting to test how long it takes to burn to ash, okay?

Silver's just as bad, really. It's not unlike a really bad allergy. It may not be immediately lethal, but it's a slow killer if there's no one to remove, say, a silver bullet. And vampires aren't exactly known to be pack hunters, you know?

Garlic, oh god. It... it doesn't really do anything, actually. But the smell? It's horrible. Our sense of smell is evolved to be far better than an ordinary humans - and well, you know how garlic smells. It's basically a weaponized stink bomb.

And, of course, the sun. To answer your question, no, we don't burn up immediately. What does happen, however, is a rapid sunburn. Pretty nasty ones. Even sunscreen doesn't help much. Why do you think I constantly carry this parasol around? For fun? Also, remember how I said we got perfect night-vision. That's because our eyes are attuned to darkness. Do you know what that means? It means it's really goddamn bright when the sun is out. You ever looked into the sun without sunglasses? It's basically that, all the time.

As for the other ones... I mean, of course cutting someone's head off would kill them, who knew. Same with putting a stake through someone's heart, I mean, what DOESN'T kill a person if you drive it through their heart? Holy symbols... no, silly. It's just a piece of wood or metal. I think people confused that with the fact that anyone that would wave such an item in front of an vampire is either a goddamn lunatic or heavily armed. Water? Nope. Can cause some weird skin issues but is otherwise perfectly safe.

And no, I don't need to be invited anywhere to be able to enter. I mean, with how people are nowadays, I'd have to sleep under a goddamn bridge. Although I do like to mess with people by pretending that I need to. And no, I do not have a compulsive need for counting. Put those stupid beans away already.

quote:

What do you miss most about being a normal girl?

Apart from, oh, everything? Well, my friends and family, obviously. Not like that's a hard choice. Last I check, they aren't aware I'm still running around at all. For all they know, I got kidnapped and probably killed. Which... is kind of awful to think about. But I really, really, don't want to involve them in any of this. They don't deserve it.

Other than that? It's kinda silly... but I miss having this sense of wonder. Just being a normal girl, leading a normal life. When clothes were your biggest worry, and you were absolutely amazed if you saw a superhero, you know? That feeling?

It's no longer there. Once you're in the business, you realize it's little more than people hitting each other with sticks, physical or not, in inventive ways. You see them every day, be it in front of your fist or at the lunch table. It just becomes mundane so fast, you know? They're no longer your idols, and you realize that beneath the masks, they're the same mundane, flawed people everyone is.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 19, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I was bored (I am bored, all the time) so here's some of Bunny Bat's opinion on others:

Edit: Less placeholdery ones.

quote:

Hamon, the Newborn

Oh, a robot! That's actually really cool. With an actual AI, too. And of course, because we humans are rear end in a top hat, its creator got murdered.

Really, it does not surprise me at all. Always got to think of yourself first, right? Who cares if this robot could revolutionize construction. Got to steal it, murder the only guy who can make it, instead. The mere thought of it all disgusts me so much.

Just hope nobody hacks the drat thing. I can't do jack poo poo to it.

quote:

Fulmination Twins

I heard about those two. They're like, mentally connected or something? Wonder whats that like. It's got to be nice, having someone that's always there for you, always knows how you feel.

On the other hand, if something ever manages to get the two pissed at each other, they'll both suffer for it. Humans aren't really meant to be linked in such a way - probably for a reason. I hope the two will always get along, but I fear it's a pipe dream.

As for their powers, I suppose I am slightly better off because I don't have a pulse to stop, but the combination of their powers is still terrifying. Best not piss those two off...

quote:

Tatsu, the Bull

This one is quite curious. I can't quite classify what he's supposed to be. He's not really a zombie, is it? But he keeps coming back. A revenant, I suppose, would be the best word for it.

I feel a certain kinship with him, to be honest. He probably got the shittier deal. Automatically reviving is amazing... until you don't want to live anymore, you know? At least he's still sort of human. Hell, maybe his curse can be broken. I really don't think my can.

As for powers, he's basically just a punching man. Nice and simple. Nothing gets the job done quite as fast as the good old fist to the face. I can appreciate that.

quote:

Spiderman

I wish he'd had gotten bitten by a radioactive DJ instead. Perhaps the noise he produces would be less grating to my delicate ears, then.

... alright. I suppose I should go into more detail than that. Well, let's start off simple: I don't like him. He's the exact kind of person I despise.

Why? It's the fact he's doing it for the fame. Heroism (and Villainy) is not done for the fame. It's done because you believe in it! Fame should be the result of your actions, not the goal of them.

People like him? They will, pretty much without fail, get themselves hurt or even killed trying to hog the spotlight. Why? Because their willpower isn't worth a drat. They aren't really in it. They falter way too easily. It's best for him if he just goes back to his TV business, trust me.

Not even his powers are that great. He can make webs, woohoo. We've got people that can power a city block, punch through walls, and make buildings out of solid light.

quote:

Flaire, the Star of the Show

Most of what I said to the previous attention whore applies to this one. Only that this one is probably even less focused on the real task at hand.

You want to know why we was so successful for the year and a half of villainy? My team was never on the front page. Most people didn't know about us. Once we started hitting the front page, it all started going to poo poo. Trust me on this, girl, fame can be incredibly dangerous... especially to us supers.

Also a fire user, so I'm kind of inclined to hate them by principle. Let's see if she actually has any redeeming features. I'm not convinced yet.

quote:

Li Xiahou, the girl that never was

The mere continued existence of this poor girl disgusts me. I'll be brutally honest. Why the hell did they not put her out of her misery yet? It's really goddamn clear that she barely as any free will as is, and this is just legit grave desecration. Just put the drat corpse to rest.

And yes, I am aware I am a corpse myself, thank you. The difference is that I have free will, you know? From what Li has shown, she can barely think for herself.

She has the usual toughness of the undead, and can apparently scream like a banshee, but I doubt she'll ever be able to use either to their full capacity.

quote:

Entropy

Oh, dear Entropy, you're doing it all wrong. It's all too obvious you are hiding something.

Want to know why? You're way too quiet. And it's always the quiet ones that have something to hide. Why do you think I am so talkative, girl? Because people stop thinking about what you're hiding when you're giving them something else to think about.

I do wonder what your dirty little secret is, however. Now, you've got me curious...~

The energy absorption and redirection powers of hers? Pretty interesting. Wonder how creative she can get with it. It's either easy, or incredibly irritating to fight against. All a matter of creativity.

quote:

Aegis and Key

Get a room.

quote:

Plastic Girl

Ah, yes, Everyman's younger self. Only recently heard about her.

But first, let me talk about Everyman. Holy poo poo, League. What the gently caress. So you're letting a superhero run around, murder people. And people give ME poo poo for being a vampire. Guess what? At least I leave my victims alive.

But yeah, Plastic Girl. She's... completely different from what I've expected. Plastic Girl is basically a paragon of innocence and justice, from what little I've seen from her. Just what has happened that turned this sweet little girl into a murderer? Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe Dracula knows something...

Oh, yeah! Her power is pretty cool. I always a pretty big fan of the concept of shapeshifting. Wonder just how well she can use it, though. I don't think she quite has the creativity yet. But sparks of genius usually happen in time of need. She very likely just needs time.

And by the looks of it, guidance, because holy poo poo, Everyman.

quote:

Ghost Eater, the Legacy

I still have no idea what exactly Ghost Eater is about. Some ghost-like powers, and lovely fashion sense, apparently. Honestly, not too impressed. They'd probably just be better of stopping beating around the bush and at least tell their own teammates what their powers are.

Oh, and get a freaking new costume. That mask looks garbage, and Lag does the whole goth thing way better.

quote:

Matthew Colton, AKA "Silver Bolt", the Legacy

Oh, you got to be kidding me. A HUNTER? HERE!? ... Okay, calm down. This guy is clearly green as hell. I'm not so sure what to make of his presence though.

I really doubt it's just bureaucracy at work. This is probably meant to keep me in check. But... I'm not sure they realize what the Hunters are like. Chances are this guy is gonna to murder me in my sleep. I most certainly would not put it past him.

Well, come at me. I'll be prepared, rear end in a top hat.

quote:

Barracuda

Mmh, that's certainly a nice bod on that... Oh, sorry, got distracted. I'll admit... I don't know much about her. She's got some pretty sweet moves going on, and apparently can absorb energy sort of like Entropy. Also seems awfully focused on one thing in particular, but I have no idea what.

Well, at least she's putting her all into it.

quote:

Lunaria

An alien. A honest to god alien. I mean, it would be foolish to assume we're alone in the universe, so I never did. But even that doesn't make seeing one any less jarring. And it's apparently a shapeshifter too. They better not have pulled a lizardman conspiracy on us...

Hmm, I sure wonder what alien blood tastes like...

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 20, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

quote:

I did something terrible to Flaire once. I hope they can forgive me one day.

Still remember it vividly. That day was around the time I was having doubts about doing the right thing, and Flaire is why. We were on the rooftop of the Halcyon Symphony Hall. Our goal was to kidnap the director of the place. Before we could break in, however, Flaire found us.

The problem is? She was too cocky, and came alone. Lumi wasn't with us yet - but Evil Eye was. And that was easily enough to defeat her. She thought me the only threat - one easily dealt with. But, of course... she was wrong. Evil Eye caught her in her illusion pretty much instantly - and it was already over.

Flaire was led to believe her power was being sucked out by a demon. She blasted her power everywhere, trying to get rid of the illusionary demon, but her attacks soon ceased, as she truly believed she had been depowered. And that's when I came in. I had been in hiding, waiting for a good moment to strike, and this was as good as any. As Evil Eye saw the issue dealt with, she went inside to catch the director, and left me alone with Flaire.

... Unfortunately for Flaire, I was having a really bad day. I hadn't fed in days, and she was the perfect target. She tried to fight back, but this only made it worse - I bashed her against an AC unit, and she got knocked out. That's where I sunk my fangs in, and just started drinking. And didn't stop. Only when Flaire started breathing irregularly I came to my senses and realized just how much of her blood I had just drained.

I panicked and just left her there, not even realizing her desperate pyromantics had attracted news helicopters looking for a scoop. They recorded nearly all of it. Later on, in the news, they noted she had been hospitalized due to a bad concussion and severe bloodloss.

This was where I decided I can't do this anymore.

I follow Barracuda’s example of what a hero ought to be.

Out of this team, Barracuda really seems to have the best mindset to me. Tatsu's too detached, Flaire is a gigantic gloryhogging moron, and I certainly can't trust Silver Bolt to put his Order's teachings aside of actual hero work.

Barracuda, however? I don't exactly know what her beef with the mayor is, but she's focused on her task. She thinks getting rid of the mayor will make the city a better place, and I can respect that determination, even if I don't understand it. Just wish I knew a little bit more about her...

quote:

When our team first came together…
When the team formed we fought a terrible evil and they lost something precious. Who was it and what did they lose?

As we were fighting Ptolemy, I suddenly sensed a dreadful presence. Quickly, I realized, it was another vampire. An ancient one.

It was the Raven Queen. The second oldest vampire, second only to Dracula. She was raiding the museum for a legendary artifact... Or, well, the pieces of it. A staff said to give vampires complete immunity to sunlight. the Staff of Endless Night.

Honestly, I still have no idea why it was so important to her - I mean, an ordinary umbrella does the job just fine...

Anyway, she didn't last long. She didn't expect us at all, and we had (both literally and figuratively) superior firepower on our side. Not only did she had to bail, she lost the staff's pieces she had brought with her... how foolish. Makes one wonder, though. Was she that cocky, or was she in a huge hurry for a reason or another?

Sponsor: Cobalt Samurai

Team leader: Barracuda. I trust her the most to be impartial and not hold grudges against team members (well, mostly me... let's be fair).

Secondary Team leader: Tatsu. Honestly, not because I think he'll make a good choice, it's more because I don't think people would vote for me. And the other two choices would likely prefer to kick me off the team (In Silver Bolt's case, quite literally, most likely). And then set me on fire. So yeah, not voting for either of those..

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jul 22, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bunny is too cool for school!

Actually, too dangerous. Which is why she's 'home'schooled. She doesn't care much about it, but you know, league orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh yeah - I forgot to comment on Bunny Bat's room. I'd figure it'd be like a basement dorm room type of deal - with the exception of the coffin in the place with the most protection from the sun instead of a bed. It has a computer desk, fully stocked, and is generally filled with random crap you wouldn't expect a teenager to have, courtesy of Dracula.

On top of that, its permanently locked. And trapped to a comical amount, thanks to Silver Bolts presence. It'd be hard for even Silver Bolt to get in without triggering them an an alarm both. She usually leaves through the tiny window in bat form.

• Locked thread