Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Dagen H posted:

A Californian non-competitor posted more NEFR content than all of NEAI combined. For shame.

Photogs are still editing/dropping photos and will be for the next week.

It's just past midnight and I'm editing video:

I also have a day job to pay for this poo poo, a pile of poo poo truck I'm fixing, and booking side work to pay for all the poo poo I trashed at NEFR and the gently caress ton of money it costs to do this poo poo, fix fuel the car and tow rig, feed and lodge the crew who do more work in a weekend than you do in a year, so excuse the gently caress out of me for not immediately dropping a full write up and media dump. Now I remember why I haven't bothered to do write ups at all the last few years.

chrisgt posted:

Anyone with a service wristband, turning wrenches to keep cars on the road is a competitor.
ANYONE on a team can earn penalties for the team by not following rules, if that's not proof enough, read on.
The drivers wouldn't finish without people feeding them, keeping their cars running, and providing support.
Finishing the race at NEFR isn't easy. It's way more than just dropping your rear end in the seat and driving around. It takes a well oiled team and I think I can talk for SiF and his codriver when I say anyone who works with us is a competitor.

We do the most work in the service park out of any team. Instead of relaxing, eating, and going to bed early, I'm playing project manager on friday nights at the service park making sure we triage everything and everyone. I don't leave until I know all the tools and parts are found and sorted and the rest of my team can easily mop it up. If we didn't have it, someone would be driving to the shop or ripping it out of my daily. We burn it to the loving ground for this community. I am often approached before anyone else when people need things. The motor that was swapped friday mostly by us, the car owner came and found me first. When I left the Friday service the crew was instructed to move onto the motor swap next after we left. Chris didn't get back to the condo until well after midnight soaking wet from pouring water while welding to not set a car on fire. We have a near 100% finish rate and this year we went the fastest ever having not driven in a year AND taking only two weekend sessions to prep the car. Chris and I have also spent a ton of nights helping other local teams to get their cars ready for events in addition to me ignoring my car to help a friend prep and run southern ohio where he placed 7th overall in a lovely 90s impreza. Oh and also building a warehouse full of tools, spare parts that come to every event, and helping regional people get into rallycross, so again gently caress me for not generating content for you Dagen. We're a little bit busy.