Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

10lb fire extinguisher on my amazon list.

I've bought a ton of extinguishers off of this guy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fire-Extinguisher-10Lb-ABC-Dry-Chemical-blemished-/261689144467?hash=item3cede37493:g:UlYAAOSwaNBUgeYq

They are real ones, not consumer grade poo poo and have been rebuilt by somebody who knows what they are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

correction. some tweaker just broke into it and hosed the glovebox up while the wife was out running errands.

Time to hook up a 5A 100,000V lead to the door handles.

Should I ship it now or just bring it with me the next time I'm out?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

no burnouts.

I'm doin a burnout in that thing the next time I'm on the west coast. And I will pay for anything that breaks. But I'm doing a burnout (with juice is acceptable as long as we have video).

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

STR posted:

CSB juice? :ohdear:

I'll have to talk to David to make sure their is enough. Otherwise we'll have to use ATF.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

STR posted:

So I guess that DVD I sent you during AI:SS a few years back was a lot more on point than I thought? :v:

I'm P sure I still have that, but i've moved both offices and houses since then.

I'll find it and report back.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

We're too busy fixing our poo poo after all of that.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

chrisgt posted:

Anyone with a service wristband, turning wrenches to keep cars on the road is a competitor.
ANYONE on a team can earn penalties for the team by not following rules, if that's not proof enough, read on.
The drivers wouldn't finish without people feeding them, keeping their cars running, and providing support.
Finishing the race at NEFR isn't easy. It's way more than just dropping your rear end in the seat and driving around. It takes a well oiled team and I think I can talk for SiF and his codriver when I say anyone who works with us is a competitor.

Yeah, this needed saying. Rallies are an amazing amount of logistics and coordination.

Chris does more work than any 5 of us there.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Wrar posted:

NEFR owns and I really want to go and help you guys out.

You totally should. Somebody will have space for you to stay if you can make your way there. And there will always be work to do. I stayed at his place last year and because I became immediately and totally hooked got my own place for this year so I wasn't taking up room he needed for his team. CSB/CSBSpouse/SomebodyFromWork stayed with me and there was still more space to spare. Actual beds even. I was dorm mom like SiF's dad does for his place (keep people fed, etc....a lot easier for me to do because I'm driving up so I can take all the stuff).

Last weekend SiF said this is probably the biggest goon meet still happening, and he's probably right.

Finally got around to pulling out the pressure washer today to do gross decon on sweep porsche. I hadn't opened the hood until then.....

Also I should mention I loving trashed the air suspension this year. In fact I'm posting right now as a way to procrastinate on rebuilding the suspension air pump. The entire system obviously got contaminated - can't wait to see what the filters and piston ring look like. My box of check valves from Germany was supposed to show up yesterday but UPS has lost it so this is a a bit disappointing. Hopefully the pump makes it good enough to re-level the suspension because I have an alignment and wheel balance scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

What the.......holy poo poo that looks good.

This whole thing escalated rapidly.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Man, I've seen that seat fabric pattern in what must be a million trailers. Was there only one supplier for this kind of thing?

RV interiors are all designed by the same group of people. They have been kept in an underground bunker since the early 70s and only have access to design catalogs that are at minimum 20 years out of date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Admiral Bosch posted:

So this is what mine looks like, which is quite a bit less tidy than yours. I also don't have something that looks like that, unless it's the grey square thing. It says "Motorcraft electronic regulator."

That's the one. Just like the one in my 1974 F250 lol.