Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Is that a double fuel filter? I thought you would get super clean diesel direct from the pumps in California? are you expecting it to catch a lot of crud?

I can't remember the last time I changed the fuel filter on my landy. I probably should!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cursedshitbox posted:

anyway. radio caught fire, tossed it. bought a bluetooth stereo amp off ebay for $lol.
I don't like cables, own CDs, or listen to broadcast radio, so why buy another headunit?

This little guy is good for 50W per channel (at like 6 ohm heh), and has a few mechanical push buttons, can handle 8-24 volts. I may add this functionality to the bus too.
Initially I was gonna re-use the steering wheel controls, but seeing as how they're coked all to hell, and new switches cost double the amp, eh fuckit.

looks good! - I've got to do this too as the 'radio' in my landy is just a long aux cable plugged directly into an amp which is in the back. I'd like to add refinements like bluetooth and a volume control.

How does the volume control work on yours?

got an ebay link to the one you bought so i can use it to try and find a UK shipping equivalent?

edit - found some by searching for 'amplifier board'. They start at around £6 :) Now to work out if I can use 2 to power 4 speakers or how to leave my current amp in the system.

Tomarse fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 17, 2016

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cursedshitbox posted:

yes its properly loving inflated.

Doesn't look properly inflated to me :colbert: (sorry)

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cursedshitbox posted:

Hey cool this looks like a $20 starter relay instead of a $90 "glow plug controller"

Nice idea, how many amps do your glow plugs actually pull? Wouldn't a 70A normal 4 pin relay do the job?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Nice!

Get some interior photos please.

What stuff needs refinishing? Just trim stuff or is there some structural bits that are damaged?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

You seem to have invested plenty of quality time in this truck. Keep it and beef it up to suit the camper. Better the devil you know...

Have you driven it to a weighbridge and got the actual weights of the camper and truck so you know exactly what you are dealing with?

cursedshitbox posted:

U P D A T E. ADCs working. Not just one. All of them. We're talking the dashboard of a peterbilt levels of gauges. Did the E-ink thing, got it refreshing at a significant clip. Software progress all around!
Next week I'm either gonna perfboard this poo poo like I've done forever, or actually put some sweaquity in and get a kickin rad purple pcb.
I need to get can-bus for cruise control/throttle control, camper chat, however there's an elephant to address in the room.

Is there a super simple and cheap project write up somewhere on how to build some basic can gauges? I've got can output off my megasquirt and I want a couple of simple gauges.