Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Madworld has one of my favourite soundtracks of all time. Just such great music from end to end.I do wish Platinum would revisit the concept again though (and no, Anarchy Reigns doesn't quite count). Just imagine a game featuring this game's combat and rewards for creativity, crossed with something like, say, Dead Rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Mediocre level, but definitely a contender for Best Boss Name Ever.

EclecticTastes posted:

The visceral feel of murdering the poo poo outta enemies using the motion controls is a large part of the fun. Besides, No More Heroes: Hero's Paradise (a port of No More Heroes from the Wii to the consoles that didn't sell as well) was pretty bad, as I recall.

The port itself was actually okay, just that the game itself felt pretty empty. They added a fair amount, like extra bosses from the sequel, but at the end of the day, you're still grinding for cash by playing unfun minigames, in a city that's empty save for those games and the occasional dumpster. People were hoping they'd beef it up, pad it out, but they didn't. So in that respect, yeah, it's a pretty lackluster port.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Yeah, Anarchy Reigns has a lot of the same characters, but they're not the same 'people', if that makes sense. Think of it like the difference between, say, the movie version of Stargate and the TV series - same characters, different portrayal. Probably the best example is that the Black Baron (stop staring) of this game is a vastly different character in AR than he is here.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Skippy Granola posted:

Isn't the fella in Anarchy Reigns actually the Blacker Baron?

Yeah, but it's kinda implied that they're the same person kinda sorta maybe. Heck, even Jack isn't quite the same person between the two games. And the last boss there shows up fine and dandy in Anarchy Reigns with her sisters in toe. Like I said, same characters, only not.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

It's even better when you realise he's basically redoing his announcer character from Star Wars Episode 1, but with more dick jokes.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Am I imagining things, or did they somehow manage to avoid making an 'rear end in a top hat-in-one' joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

mauman posted:

I'll give you a dollar if you can tell me one thing that isn't better by grinding 'em up and injecting them into the folds of your scrotum.

Ha, you got me!

• Locked thread