Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

gently caress yes I love Madworld and it gets a bad rap for no good reason. This game is so fun, even if there's really not as much combo potential as the game thinks there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

-There's a cute Bayonetta shout-out before the train comes (That Gates of Hell logo; which is the name of Rodin's bar), though this game was released before Bayo was on the horizon
-Breaking the signs on the train platform allows you to use them as ground spikes.
-Try picking up a guy and then getting as close to a moving train as you can without getting hurt

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

ArclightBorealis posted:

I genuinely never new about that second point. You mean like attacking it as opposed to just pulling the post out of the ground? That's interesting.

No it's those bilboard signs that stand on two posts ont he train platfroms. You can punch them or throw dudes through them.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

Here is that rejected finisher mentioned in the video,in case anyone wants to see for themselves. Also,I gotta get the obligatory Ogrewatch joke outta the way-It's High Noon.

And it's also why Howard says "Jack just discovered a new cure for hemorrhoids" when you initiate the finisher.

I like the updated finisher way more though. That B button prompt :allears:

The daggers also have a neat-o launcher and a follow up combo + finisher. I have a hell of a time getting it to work though :(

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 21, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I love this fight both because it's cool and because of the announcers. Goddamn those wind puns.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

There's two more neat kills in that castle, one is the Pirannaha tank (I think it shows up later on though) and the other happens if you throw a zombie out of the left side windows of the castle (left of you if you're staring at a fireplace).

The Shamans also get hosed up hard by the torch, but you almost certainly miss the power struggle if you do that :(

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yorkshire Tea posted:

This Madworld LP goes down a lot better with a glass of scotch.

It feels even better if you crush it and inject it into the folds of your scrotum.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I actually like this level, but the breakable walls do indeed suck. If you screw around the middle of the area using that sword switch, it's p easy to get the points you need. I had fun, though the drill guy I can take or leave.

The stage challenge does suck as does the boss fight, on that we have an agreement.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Honestly I was surprised how lowkey Howard was in that battle. Usually he manages to be super awful with the most innocuous things.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

Well, it gets pretty dull just watching a guy ram into himself over and over.

It was like watching the dullest, most violent masturbation the world's ever seen!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You're a sick puppy.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well the Money Shot was an off-the-cuff remark from Kamiya to a programmer who basically just had to make it happen, so you take what you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I loved the dialogue in that cutscene. "I like this whole purpose thing of yours; it's very zen." and of course "the world has already gone mad, there is nothing left to burn" followed by "a Mad World, huh? I'll fit right in"

• Locked thread