Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
This game, while short and, yes, prone to the occasional stretch of repetitive dialog towards the end of a given level, just oozes style, and the gameplay is fantastic, some of the best use of motion controls on the Wii, I'd go so far as to say it's flat-out the best use by a third-party developer that I'm aware of. I don't understand at all how it could have gotten a bad rap, outside of people just liking to poo poo on the Wii and its games because that was the popular thing to do for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Skippy Granola posted:

The burning question of Let's Plays is "How the hell do you LP MadWorld?"

I think, sir, you have done it. Excellent first episode and I'll be following with interest.

I agree. Subtitle LPs are an underrated and underappreciated format, but work extremely well for games where you want video, but don't want to ruin some part of the game by talking over it (in this case, the commentary, but really atmospheric horror games and the like also work better with subtitles, I'd say).

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Kemix posted:

God I love when dimaggio gets a VA spot. Guy always takes the cake with his delivery. He plays very well off his co-commentator here as well, shame we'll probably never see a Madworld 2. Seriously wish this could have come to a real console over the Wii, would probably play well on PS3 or Xbox 360

The visceral feel of murdering the poo poo outta enemies using the motion controls is a large part of the fun. Besides, No More Heroes: Hero's Paradise (a port of No More Heroes from the Wii to the consoles that didn't sell as well) was pretty bad, as I recall.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

For some reason, boss-focused gonzo action games always have great soundtracks. SEE ALSO: Godhand, No More Heroes.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Rollersnake posted:

Have we even seen the two uppermost violence levels yet? Is achieving that just a matter of working even more objects into a single kill?

Pretty much. You just load a guy up with every "type" of stunning object (tire, street sign, fake head, and I think two things like those trumpets can be shoved into their heads, as well), then you throw them into your favorite fatal stage hazard.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Oh man, the Bistro level is so great. The deep fryer is a profoundly satisfying deathtrap.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Dinictus posted:

Speaking of that sound board, I never quite understood where that ba-dap pap badap bap came from, but it just is icing on a lovely joke.

It's an old Vaudeville fanfare used at the end of a bit, it was most famously used on Laugh-In, a massively successful sketch comedy series from the seventies. You can also hear it at the end of many songs by Spike Jones, and it's the typical ending used by Weird Al in his polkas (under the attribution, [current record label] Polka). :eng101:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

NGDBSS posted:

The only real issue with it is that, due to how the page is coded, Ctrl-F doesn't work.

If your browser has a manual "find" option in one of its menus (Chrome does, for instance), you can select that to bring up the search box. :eng101:

(Results may vary by browser, but it definitely works for Chrome)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

bbcisdabomb posted:

That was possibly the most boring boss so far. Even Frank had more going on there. Kreese's commentary is the only redeeming factor, even if it is fantastic.

Well, it gets pretty dull just watching a guy ram into himself over and over.

• Locked thread