Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I never got into Eastbound and Down, but Walton Goggins has some ridiculous charisma going on. His feminine sashaying is hypnotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

It also looks like we're going to return to the Mid-Century Sea Ranch and get more of a study on Russell next ep.

I'm a fan of how they're alternately humanizing and demonizing each character: it only makes the conflict more interesting, as you can draw your own conclusions as to who is the true hero (something most reviewers aren't doing, if the volume of "GAMBY AND RUSSELL ARE RACIST TRUMP-VOTING DUDEBROS FOR TRYING TO REMOVE A STRONG WOMAN OF COLOR FROM THE POSITION SHE GOT BY MERIT!" takes from popular websites are any indication).

From the first episode, it seemed like Dr. Brown was as good if not better a player than either Gamby or Russell. I was kind of surprised at how far she fell before she turned it around. The latest episode made me feel like our protagonists are even more villainous than I had originally perceived them to be.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

"You make a cute loving couple." This episode was a beautiful story of love and hate.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

morcant posted:

This was almost me. I was initially little turned off, but the pilot hit enough notes that I was curious to see where it went. I never saw EB&D but I am loving this show, particularly Russell - and especially in this most recent episode. Seeing him having to deal with the big dude across the street and how out of his element he is there as opposed to school was great.

I'm also thrilled whenever Shea Whigham shows up in the background being a cool and chill stepdad. :3:

Shea Whigham makes the best kind of dad. "My son! My fuckin' son!"

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

is this criticism valid if Belinda Brown ultimately mops the floor with Gamby and Russell?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Ray and Gamby's daughter are both sweethearts.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Ray still conceded that the Warriors were playing a good game though.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Wrong. I don't see the Brown kids or Dayshawn on that list before Snodgras butt.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I really loved the scene of Russell having to take a hit of weed and hacking up a storm, only to take another subtle drag while he's trying to bribe the kids to come down.

Dazerbeams fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Aug 30, 2016

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I'm really enjoying the friendship that's forming between Gamby and Russell. There are some serious moments of sympathy for those two this last episode, but then their ugliness comes out and you remember they were meant for each other.

Also holy poo poo Belinda turned into a goddamn demon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Gamby might have a moral compass, but he's more casually awful. Russell is only malicious when he's intending to be. Gamby is awful even when he's not trying. Like saying his daughter is awful at motorcross.

• Locked thread