Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
the nazis were all on meth, drugs and soldiers have mixed for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
except that lifting weights is healthy for you

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nierbo posted:

except that lifting weights is healthy for you

Please don't serious post in GBS.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
every farm kid ever getting built lifting bails of hay is definitely the same as buying chinese chemicals for your face paint and has no health rewards or job opportunities

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

extra stout posted:

every farm kid ever getting built lifting bails of hay is definitely the same as buying chinese chemicals for your face paint and has no health rewards or job opportunities
:confused:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I thought wearing makeup was the male version of makeup.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

A.Barnum posted:

This is a bicycle thread now
I blew up my rear derailleur on Saturday. Took the day off Sunday to fix it. Then I cut a sidewall on my tire today.

poo poo happens in threes so I hope I don't get hit by a car or something tomorrow on my brakeless track bike.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I have two awesome bikes in my room that I need to get around to actually using, ones all carbon the other is some scott downhill thing thats built to run over horses like they aint no thang.

naem
May 29, 2011

I bike to work about half the time but it doesn't feel like exercise because I'm at least halfway in shape. Just feels sweaty. Gotten pretty good at dodging hobos

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

LOL of course some idiot goon decides exercise is primping so they don't have to feel bad for being a doughy fat gently caress up

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

A.Barnum posted:

Chicken breast is loving bland. Broccoli is really good though.. So i still love you

chicken breast goes good with barbecue sauce so just pick your fav

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

extra stout posted:

body builder can be a job if you're good enough at it

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mdm posted:

body builder can be a job if you're good enough at it

LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BNP126zgPU

Ronnie Coleman posted:

I'm having my 6th surgery in 2 weeks. This will be my 3rd back surgery since 2007, I have both hips replaced and my neck fused at level 5,, 6, and 7. But y'all know there's no quit in me.

YEAAAH BUDDY!

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I lift and ride bikes. I'm fake as gently caress.

Hi, bike thread friends!

naem
May 29, 2011

eyebeem posted:

Hi, bike thread friends!

:black101:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

eyebeem posted:

Hi, bike thread friends!
yeah i dont post there anymore

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

On the plus side, he lifted a bunch of heavy things a lot of times and then put it back down exactly where it was before, I'm sure it was worth it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Don Tacorleone posted:

On the plus side, he lifted a bunch of heavy things a lot of times and then put it back down exactly where it was before, I'm sure it was worth it
my favorite exercise is 2

i go through the gym and do two reps of everything at maximum weight

if you want to look tight you gotta be tight warm ups are for women

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hm, do i lift weights and become cool and beautiful or do i watch this anime about little girls doing retarded garbage?? I think the answer is obvious

The answer is videogames

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

Hm, do i lift weights and become cool and beautiful or do i watch this anime about little girls doing retarded garbage?? I think the answer is obvious

The answer is videogames

this is the future, friend, and you can do both

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Zzulu posted:

The answer is videogames
lift weights and become cool and beautiful to look good while dressing up as an anime about little girls doing retarded garbage

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

extra stout posted:

lol what Theres like a bajillion jobs out there that involve wearing/applying makeup.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

WHY NOT BOTH?!?!?!?!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

numberoneposter posted:

my favorite exercise is 2

i go through the gym and do two reps of everything at maximum weight

if you want to look tight you gotta be tight warm ups are for women

You post a lot of offensive poo poo but this is the worst

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

NotAnArtist posted:

You post a lot of offensive poo poo but this is the worst
:tipshat:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
u given me pause for reflection OP

this is a lot to take in

i may have to call in on work and take a few weeks or months or years off

as i travel to a reclusive mountaintop high in the Himalayan

so that i may clearly channel and consider the gravity

of your topic post and what it means in our modern society

your insightful commentary has caused me to seek out the means to find a better path to reaching my ideals

because muscles sure aren't as you clearly have demeaned weight lifting to something of an accessory

everything i thought of was a lie

and u have opened my eyes with your clarity and perspective that is neither narrow minded or sophomoric

namaste

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Weightlifting sucks cuz it's all "if you don't do this exact thing in this exact way and eat this exact diet then literally nothing will ever happen and you're wasting your time. " but then mother fuckers can't even agree on what the exact perfect routine and methods are. But then I'm just a filthy casual who wants to look slightly less pathetic.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I practice trickle-down lifting where I exclusively work my biceps, shoulders, and chest. gravity and time then fill out the rest of my muscles.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RedMage129 posted:

Weightlifting sucks cuz it's all "if you don't do this exact thing in this exact way and eat this exact diet then literally nothing will ever happen and you're wasting your time. " but then mother fuckers can't even agree on what the exact perfect routine and methods are. But then I'm just a filthy casual who wants to look slightly less pathetic.

literally just work out, there's getting healthy and there's just straight up obsessive and those are the guys who generally post on /fit/ or fitness forums, dont get put off by that

just do sit ups and push ups and there u go

"bu-but muh bf %"

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

RedMage129 posted:

Nah. When you start you can pretty much do anything and stimulate muscle growth. There are small arguments about what programs will put on the most muscle in the shortest amount of time, but it's not a huge deal. Advanced lifters have done so much strength building that they need to do different things to stimulate growth and it can get pretty individual or strange, and a lot of the time they tell beginners to follow their strange plans when it's not necessary until they start stalling. One of the biggest mistakes I made as a beginner was following a periodization plan with monthly peaks on 8 assistance exercises when I could have just been adding 5-10lbs each workout to a few exercises and improving faster.

Overthinking and spreadsheets are part of the game but are not necessary

naem
May 29, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

literally just work out, there's getting healthy and there's just straight up obsessive and those are the guys who generally post on /fit/ or fitness forums, dont get put off by that

"bu-but muh bf %"

This is good advice

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lastgirl posted:

"bu-but muh bf %"

far too reasonable and not enough stats, I'm rejecting this out of hand

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

numberoneposter posted:

WHY NOT BOTH?!?!?!?!

those shoes D:

nice party city outfit, thot

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Lifting weights is fun and rewarding and gives you an incredible euphoric feeling

The end

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

mdm posted:

chicken breast goes good with barbecue sauce so just pick your fav

You're not going to get big on chicken breast. Try being 21 and eating exclusively fast food. Or take steroids.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

No don't.

client
Aug 19, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

this is all herschel walker ever did and hes a jacked middle-aged psychopath who plays russian roulette alone in his kitchen

could be you op

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Pushups and pullups and planks

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lastgirl posted:

u given me pause for reflection OP

this is a lot to take in

i may have to call in on work and take a few weeks or months or years off

as i travel to a reclusive mountaintop high in the Himalayan

so that i may clearly channel and consider the gravity

of your topic post and what it means in our modern society

your insightful commentary has caused me to seek out the means to find a better path to reaching my ideals

because muscles sure aren't as you clearly have demeaned weight lifting to something of an accessory

everything i thought of was a lie

and u have opened my eyes with your clarity and perspective that is neither narrow minded or sophomoric

namaste

Same but I'm heading to 4chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

a dog from hell posted:

You're not going to get big on chicken breast. Try being 21 and eating exclusively fast food. Or take steroids.

never said anything about getting big, that would just stretch my skin out or I need to invest in cocoa butter or whatever

• Locked thread