Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macnult

Luvcow posted:

today the view of the river from the lower lawn and the day lilly beds at my parents house:

awesome potential water trekking site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

oranges in training

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Robot Made of Meat

FluffieDuckie posted:

oranges in training

When I win the lottery, I'll have an orangarie. And a limearie.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Macnult

sleepy cat

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
low side of blueberry island today:

Robot Made of Meat

You live someplace wonderful, Luvcow!

Robot Made of Meat

Thursday's post. Sadly, I didn't take my camera to my neighbors' house when I went to swim, or I could have gotten some awesome hawk pics. Maybe another day.

Well, today was hot as hell, so I only just got time to take a mediocre pic very late. But hey! I did it!

I present: Patio Frog and Patio Spider!

Sorry for the crappy quality.

assemblyrequired

I met a happy friend today too! So well behaved

FluffieDuckie

almost forgot

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

My friend the hard drive.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

super mario batali posted:

My friend the hard drive.

:captainpop: 40GB!!

FluffieDuckie

we were in a small town close to us this morning and they had what they call a pop-up park in what would have been an empty lot.

they put down astroturf and put a huge chalkboard on the building next door and painted a mural. there were lots of funky painted chairs to sit on and giant building toys laying about

my favorite thing was a piano they put out there for anyone to play

Robot Made of Meat

It's been deadly hot/humid here, so I didn't go outside any more than I absolutely had to.

I figured if Super Mario Batali can post his modern technology, I can too:

That's right -- 20 entire MEGABYTES of hard disk that's so compact it fits in an expansion slot with its controller.

Bonus below that, a genuine Hercules Monochrome Graphics Adaptor (with a parallel port built right in).

Robot Made of Meat

This kinda' saddens me because I'm pretty sure the double-legs mean that this was originally a 'reproducing piano.' They were completely amazing, but they required maintenance, and most of the rolls made for them were produced before the Great Depression. It wouldn't surprise me to find that it's a Knabe which originally had an Ampico reproducer.

Ah well, at least people are enjoying it.

FluffieDuckie

i like to think it's retired and hanging out in the park with the kids

Robot Made of Meat

Yeah. I have an irrational fondness for old technology.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Robot Made of Meat posted:

It's been deadly hot/humid here, so I didn't go outside any more than I absolutely had to.

I figured if Super Mario Batali can post his modern technology, I can too:

That's right -- 20 entire MEGABYTES of hard disk that's so compact it fits in an expansion slot with its controller.

Bonus below that, a genuine Hercules Monochrome Graphics Adaptor (with a parallel port built right in).

well, you're gonna need at least CGA to play x-wing, so you;re hosed

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
"God's Qtip"

this is a digital camera that takes floppies. It can take about 25 pictures per floppy.

These are images taken with the floppy camera

super mario batali fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 23, 2016

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Crayfishes.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

Hogge Wild posted:

Craylicious

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
this one is cheating, i took it a week before the competition, it's also a video:

https://vid.me/4u5B

draGOONS

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 23, 2016

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
yesterdays pic that i forgot to post: blackberries that are almost ripe, been able to get a few each day for the past few days and hopefully by next week it will be able to get a few handfuls each day:

and the concord grape arbor leading out of the little area where the blackberries are:

and todays pic: asiatic day lilies that just bloomed today:

Robot Made of Meat

Luvcow posted:

yesterdays pic that i forgot to post: blackberries that are almost ripe, been able to get a few each day for the past few days and hopefully by next week it will be able to get a few handfuls each day:

I have lots of black-caps. They're tasty as long as you remember to squoosh them between your tongue and the roof of your mouth and NOT to chew them and get all the seeds stuck in your teeth.

[quote]and the concord grape arbor leading out of the little area where the blackberries are:

Mmmm!!! Concord Grapes!!

Robot Made of Meat

Grr. Trying to post pic, but Imgur is not accepthing. I DID take a picture today . . . will post it when I can.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
This is an art installation in the ceiling of an art gallery. It was white netting of some kind that had different color lights shining through it and it changed color from time to time. It was almost 100 F outside so people were inside lying on their backs looking up at it and talking.

Robot Made of Meat

Whew! Imgur finally is working. Here's my pic for today. I know I'm not the only one here who enjoys Miller High Life.

Today was hot and humid as hell until about 3pm. Then the thunderstorms started. The dogs were terrified, but after they were done, the temp had dropped by over 15 degrees and the humidity was MUCH lower.

Hoping all my BYOB friends are doing swell!

Robot Made of Meat

super mario batali posted:

This is an art installation in the ceiling of an art gallery. It was white netting of some kind that had different color lights shining through it and it changed color from time to time. It was almost 100 F outside so people were inside lying on their backs looking up at it and talking.

Nice!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
It was so long ago and far away
I have forgotten the very name men called me.
The axe and flint-tipped spear are like a dream,
And hunts and wars are like shadows. I recall
Only the stillness of that sombre land;
The clouds that piled forever on the hills,
The dimness of the everlasting woods.
Finland, land of Darkness and the Night.

----------------

FluffieDuckie

roger's playing dead

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

FluffieDuckie posted:

roger's playing dead

i don't see any breathing or sign of life so i'm p sure that dog is in fact dead

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I have lots of black-caps. They're tasty as long as you remember to squoosh them between your tongue and the roof of your mouth and NOT to chew them and get all the seeds stuck in your teeth.

Mmmm!!! Concord Grapes!!

amen my fruit and berry brother

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
two more grape arbors:

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Luvcow posted:

two more grape arbors:

grape photos!

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

It's still hot as the hinges of hell here. so I didn't get out much today. So, here's the NCR model 1944 cash register in my bar (along with some other bar stuffs).

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

i don't see any breathing or sign of life so i'm p sure that dog is in fact dead

no he's just excellent at playing dead

today's picture is from the amusement park i was at for some god awful reason even though it was hot as the devil's tits out there today. this little guy made me smile for a minute before i remembered my organs were melting in my chest cavity

FluffieDuckie

Luvcow posted:

two more grape arbors:

those are very pretty :love:

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

corpses of my enemies

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 25, 2016

----------------

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Weather vane.

----------------

literally this big

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

FluffieDuckie posted:

no he's just excellent at playing dead

today's picture is from the amusement park i was at for some god awful reason even though it was hot as the devil's tits out there today. this little guy made me smile for a minute before i remembered my organs were melting in my chest cavity

New BYOB mascot? The BYOB version of :frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Hogge Wild posted:

corpses of my enemies

delicious enemies...

• Locked thread