Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Why do these cyberpunk dumpster fire games have such good soundtracks? First this, then leetspeak Valhalla. I'm annoyed and baffled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hang on wait if there's straight up nobody living outside Post-Cyberpocalypse Bulgarian City I Can't Remember The Name Of, why are there even steaks left to ban?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
At this point I'm pretty much convinced that the incoherent writing is coming from laziness rather than confusion, between people having the same incidental dialogue everywhere even when it doesn't make sense (see: characters who we've been told are themselves snowflakes complaining about snowflakes) and the visual design of the characters consisting of stereotypes thoughtlessly jumbled together (why is the most respectability-oriented trans woman in the bar the one with a full beard? why are so many of the TERFs sporting hair colours not found in nature when the specific branch of feminists the writer is ostensibly caricaturing tend to be pretty down on cosmetics in general and go for low-maintenance presentation? if you're gonna tell a story about the internal politics of radical and marginalised communities it helps if you know enough about different political tendencies to tell them apart). And then it turns out shapeshifting aliens are running everything anyway.

The developers clearly have a strong enough aesthetic sense that they could have made something that holds together as a depiction of a world familiar to but different from our own, they just... didn't, and I don't think they tried very hard. There seems to be a lot of effort put into the art and a fair bit put into the gameplay (even if it doesn't always work) but not much into the story. It feels like the devs wanted to make a stylish stealthy actiony platformy game and settled on the feminist dystopia plotline not because they had anything in particular they really wanted to say about feminism but as a gimmick to get people talking about the game and drive sales, so they just threw together a bunch of hot takes and called it a setting.

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 1, 2016

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
I am probably looking a bit too much into one throwaway line, but when Ceyda coerces the reporter into reading the documents and says "a good reporter just tells the facts and ignores personal opinions" or whatever, that is like the core idea that gators try use to legitimize their movement. Part of the whole "ethics in games journalism" was pushing for more "objective" reviews, so seeing it here makes me wonder if that's more of the channer influence on the game or if that's the writers' stance. Either way, not so good.

Also, do they have some kind of a cloning system or something to make new people? The reporter talks about kids being killed before Ceyda takes her hostage, but how are there kids? Like, this may be a more delicate topic than I usually tackle so please let me know if I'm loving up somewhere, but if there's nobody alive outside the city and inside the city is all women, that's some serious negatives in the population growth charts. I know not all trans women choose to (or are able to) undergo reassignment surgery so somewhere in the city I'm sure a woman has impregnated another woman, but that seems like it would be HEAVILY frowned-on at best in this setting, and it's probably not happening enough to create a sustainable population in the long-term. Unless we're gonna find out there's some secret government dude ranch where genetic material is harvested and tinkered with, or it turns out that people in the city are actually immortal (which would explain everyone's nonchalance with death), the fact that no human will be alive in 80 years at most is kind of a heavy thing for an entire city (or a lovely game writer) to ignore.

Even if there are actually lots of people alive outside the city and the documents are falsified in some lovely twist where the shapeshifters knew you'd come looking for "the truth" in a conveniently-bundled form, and what a lovely twist that would be, I feel like leaving the city to get knocked up and them come right back to Plovdiv alive also goes against the grain of what this terribly-written place stands for. poo poo's not sustainable is all I'm saying.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
In principle, an all-female population could be sustainable with some assistance. You'd need to take two eggs, extract the DNA from one, inject it into the other, and then apply the other biological changes to the egg that insemination introduces, probably by injecting, or leaving the egg in an environment containing, various artificially synthesized proteins. Then you implant the inseminated-without-semen egg into one of the women. The child would of course be guaranteed to be female because there's no Y chromosome available.

I think this all might actually be doable with modern techniques. It'd be horrendously expensive and of relatively niche demand though, especially the bit where you have to imitate the actions of sperm without having any sperm available. It'd probably be easier to take "natural" sperm, remove its DNA, and insert the DNA from the egg. And you'd do it many times (replicating the DNA using PCR or similar techniques) since as I recall part of the action of creating a viable inseminated egg involves multiple sperm interacting with the egg.

As far as this game is concerned, there's shapeshifting slime monsters, so I'm not going to worry too hard about particulars.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Why does everyone have bags under their eyes? In the dark feminist future does everyone suffer from insomnia?

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Lynx Winters posted:

I am probably looking a bit too much into one throwaway line, but when Ceyda coerces the reporter into reading the documents and says "a good reporter just tells the facts and ignores personal opinions" or whatever, that is like the core idea that gators try use to legitimize their movement. Part of the whole "ethics in games journalism" was pushing for more "objective" reviews, so seeing it here makes me wonder if that's more of the channer influence on the game or if that's the writers' stance. Either way, not so good.

Also, do they have some kind of a cloning system or something to make new people? The reporter talks about kids being killed before Ceyda takes her hostage, but how are there kids? Like, this may be a more delicate topic than I usually tackle so please let me know if I'm loving up somewhere, but if there's nobody alive outside the city and inside the city is all women, that's some serious negatives in the population growth charts. I know not all trans women choose to (or are able to) undergo reassignment surgery so somewhere in the city I'm sure a woman has impregnated another woman, but that seems like it would be HEAVILY frowned-on at best in this setting, and it's probably not happening enough to create a sustainable population in the long-term. Unless we're gonna find out there's some secret government dude ranch where genetic material is harvested and tinkered with, or it turns out that people in the city are actually immortal (which would explain everyone's nonchalance with death), the fact that no human will be alive in 80 years at most is kind of a heavy thing for an entire city (or a lovely game writer) to ignore.

Even if there are actually lots of people alive outside the city and the documents are falsified in some lovely twist where the shapeshifters knew you'd come looking for "the truth" in a conveniently-bundled form, and what a lovely twist that would be, I feel like leaving the city to get knocked up and them come right back to Plovdiv alive also goes against the grain of what this terribly-written place stands for. poo poo's not sustainable is all I'm saying.

Nonono, you're on to something. Like, here's the thing! One line about JOURNALISTS SHOULD JUST REPORT THE FACTS LEAVE YR OPINION OUT OF IT is a coincidence. One line like that as a followup to SECRET MEN BLEW UP A HELICOPTER FULL OF CHILDREN AND PUPPIES, NEXT UP: IS HAM PROBLEMATIC? *and* a Vivian James cameo *and* the teehee line about "ethics in gratuitous violence" is a pattern. I mean, I think it's more bad ideas and chan runoff and maybe trying to be cute than the writer being some kind of diehard grumblygiorgio booster, but it's still a pattern.

The thing that kind of gnaws at me more than 'how are there kids' (it's the turbomisandrist space future, i'm sure there's a way) is where are the kids? Or elderly people? Like with the exception of Melinda Mcsadbeard and mmmmmaybe the politician at the rally, literally everyone in this world appears to be either (a) in their 20s or 30s or (b) an ageless shapeshifter, surprise! And I honestly can't tell if that was some kind of show-don't-tell design decision or if it's just a dumb coincidence. :v:

as to the idea of the shapeshifters going 'hahaha WHY THE poo poo WOULD WE JUST KEEP OUR SECRETS NEATLY BUNDLED IN THE SECRET EVIL PLANS BOX AT WORK,' i mean, that'd at least sssssort of go against Usual Videogame Expectations for this kind of stuff?

Thuryl posted:

At this point I'm pretty much convinced that the incoherent writing is coming from laziness rather than confusion, between people having the same incidental dialogue everywhere even when it doesn't make sense (see: characters who we've been told are themselves snowflakes complaining about snowflakes) and the visual design of the characters consisting of stereotypes thoughtlessly jumbled together (why is the most respectability-oriented trans woman in the bar the one with a full beard? why are so many of the TERFs sporting hair colours not found in nature when the specific branch of feminists the writer is ostensibly caricaturing tend to be pretty down on cosmetics in general and go for low-maintenance presentation? if you're gonna tell a story about the internal politics of radical and marginalised communities it helps if you know enough about different political tendencies to tell them apart). And then it turns out shapeshifting aliens are running everything anyway.
More or less, yeah.

Let me put it this way: my initial reaction as I got further in was 'holy poo poo did their research entail talking to some dude who totally spent five minutes on tumblr once and going okay close enough good enough'

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 1, 2016

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Ningyou posted:

The thing that kind of gnaws at me more than 'how are there kids' (it's the turbomisandrist space future, i'm sure there's a way) is where are the kids? Or elderly people? Like with the exception of Melinda Mcsadbeard and mmmmmaybe the politician at the rally, literally everyone in this world appears to be either (a) in their 20s or 30s or (b) an ageless shapeshifter, surprise! And I honestly can't tell if that was some kind of show-don't-tell design decision or if it's just a dumb coincidence. :v:

To be fair, lots of games have huge populations of apparently-15-to-30-year-olds and less than 5 characters outside of that range.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

hey guys

SSNeoman posted:

No that was another thing. That was 4chan inviting some group to design a character. That one was basically Watamote girl crossed with a hentai meme.

I hate that I know this.

here.

I thought OP's reference was a joke. I now realize it's not.

So.
They added the "Watamote girl crossed with a hentai meme" character into their game :suicide:

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

THE ONLY JOKE IS WHERE MY LIFE HAS GONE FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS :getin:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

SSNeoman posted:

hey guys

here.

I thought OP's reference was a joke. I now realize it's not.

So.
They added the "Watamote girl crossed with a hentai meme" character into their game :suicide:

Did they pay a lot of money for this? Or any money?

Though really VJ's presence in the game just fits perfectly with the overall tonal dissonance so it's not like I can call it selling out, either.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Anoia posted:

Did they pay a lot of money for this? Or any money?

Though really VJ's presence in the game just fits perfectly with the overall tonal dissonance so it's not like I can call it selling out, either.
Oh, they paid money.

Some angry nerd literally paid one hundred United States dollars to put Vivian James in this game.

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 2, 2016

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Ningyou posted:

Oh, they paid money.

Some angry nerd literally paid one hundred United States dollars to put Vivian James in this game.

I think I remember seeing this being mocked ages ago. It wasn't just one nerd, but a bunch of nerds pooling their money together.

...unless they've made multiple attempts to get this drat character put in games and this is the only one that took. :gonk: That wouldn't surprise me, really, trying to force media to embrace her like that.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Anoia posted:

I think I remember seeing this being mocked ages ago. It wasn't just one nerd, but a bunch of nerds pooling their money together.
Oh, huh. Still pretty dumb, either way. :v:

So in other news, uh, y'all know that weird little unexplained scene in....the first terf turf video, I think, where Ceyda ventures into the one washroom in all of Plovdiv and the toilet is shaking ominously but gosh whatever manner of paranormal tomfoolery could be afoot what could be haunting this spooky toilet but in the end there are no terrifying spectres in the toilet but then another toilet becomes Giga Toilet and swallows Ceyda whole?

So I didn't make this connection my first time through because I was just baffled, but I was recording ahead and realized, uh...if I'm reading things right, the evil toilet eating Ceyda but only kind of is a major plot element that drives one of the endings. And that's arguably the least dumb ending.

So, uh, look forward to that, I guess!

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Aug 2, 2016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ningyou posted:

Oh, huh. Still pretty dumb, either way. :v:

So in other news, uh, y'all know that weird little unexplained scene in....the first terf turf video, I think, where Ceyda ventures into the one washroom in all of Plovdiv and the toilet is shaking ominously but gosh whatever manner of paranormal tomfoolery could be afoot what could be haunting this spooky toilet but in the end there are no terrifying spectres in the toilet but then another toilet becomes Giga Toilet and swallows Ceyda whole?

So I didn't make this connection my first time through because I was just baffled, but I was recording ahead and realized, uh...if I'm reading things right, the evil toilet eating Ceyda but only kind of is a major plot element that drives one of the endings. And that's arguably the least dumb ending.

So, uh, look forward to that, I guess!
Given that you're seeing shapeshifter poo poo all around at random I'm not sure Ceyda is sane.

I can't wait to find out what the actual reason is.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I started watching the LP and in the first video I see an ad for ROM. Why is there an ad for ROM?

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Mraagvpeine posted:

I started watching the LP and in the first video I see an ad for ROM. Why is there an ad for ROM?
I could be totally wrong but I...think? the ROM people might have backed early on (i mean, knowing literally nothing about the tone or writing of the actual finished product, buying a billboard ad would sound like a good idea, right? You'd think there'd be audience overlap, right?), before the VJ thing and before any of the more obnoxious plot details came out.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm almost caught up now. My god, this game is awful.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Part 6: We're trapped in the belly of this horrible indiegame, and the indiegame is bleeding to death.

I'm exhausted. You know, that kind of bone-tired that seeps down into your head and your heart and every inch of your body? I. am. drained. And I'm not *done*, because I don't know how not to burn myself out over pointless nerd spectacle, but--

--but I don't know about this, anymore.

There's this moment in the second video -- I pop my head out and this trio of guards starts to run around, frantic long after I'm gone, tossing explosives at the air and at each other and at *nothing* and running and running over the same small stretch of tile, endlessly retracing each other's steps and then just loving shooting each other like it's the weirdest, saddest game of chicken, and--

and I feel like they're trying to tell me something, in this single solitary language of flailing and fumbling and canned dialogue and slow mass suicide they have at their disposal.

'can we not'
'why am i even here, doesn't darkest timeline luigi's mansion have spooky ghosts for this or something'
'oh my GOD how many times are you going to record this'

But then, at least they didn't have to fight the crab boss.

In which we fight the Actual Worst Boss in the Game, get rewarded with underwhelming exposition, and discover that giant impractically designed murderbots actually make kind of lovely surrogate children?

In which everything starts to unravel, including the narrative, crouch/prone controls, enemy AI, and my platforming skills.

....oh, and I guess we murder some raver's stand, [MAGNETS  HOW  DO  THEY  WORK]That happened.

In which we learn that the real monster is humanity but also the real monster is literal monsters who can literally shapeshift, and have more adventures in questionable architectural design.

We're almost at the end.

Now, we have a choice at the end! Two routes, two endings. I'm going to leave it up to y'all as to which one comes first.

Do we....

a) Go murder :frogsiren: PRESIDENT FEMINISM :frogsiren: with what may or may not be our pal the toiletmonster pokemon we raised from a pooplup?

or

b) open everyone's eyes to the truth with Our Pal, Definitely Not Giant Baby Satan?

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
B

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Holy Order of Ecclesia rip-off, Batman!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

B

I wanna see how bad this can truly get, and a token assassination won't suffice.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

The description you gave of ending A has led me to choose Knockoff SMT Chaos Route Ending B.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

I vote B since I want to see just how silly this gets.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010
Those sections in the mansion looked like a pain to play.

Ending Bcause WHY NOT.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Voting Ending A, because frankly it seems like the more sensible and straightforward of the two options and we should save the worst for last.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Thuryl posted:

Voting Ending A, because frankly it seems like the more sensible and straightforward of the two options and we should save the worst for last.
Yeah, let's have the thing go out on a high note (of crazy).

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

which was at least partly inspired by Metal Slug 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw8yq1ubQG0&t=564s

"Death of the author" is not a valid rebuttal to her point, Ceyda.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 3, 2016

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I will admit, I get a small chuckle every time an enemy kills another enemy while trying to kill you.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Christ, I was expecting maybe a little bit of the 3rd gen but this was just, beyond any possible reasonable discussion on any level.

It's just so silly. I think Thuryl called it when he called it laziness; I mean, what kinda morons would name a district after an insult pinned by their opponents? Ceyda might call it that, but would they really name it that? And the shoddy level layouts, the sad way you get powerups, meh.

I don't really care about the ending at this point, because they've already shown themselves to be really dumb about things, with too many empty revelations one after another.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

It's just so silly. I think Thuryl called it when he called it laziness; I mean, what kinda morons would name a district after an insult pinned by their opponents? Ceyda might call it that, but would they really name it that? And the shoddy level layouts, the sad way you get powerups, meh.

Granted, people got a history of co-opting insults as a point of pride, but I don't think they generally name landmarks after it.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, in principle I can buy a group reclaiming an insulting exonym, the same way my university had a Queer Committee, but at this point my trust in the writer having thought things through that far is close to zero. Even in the moments when the writing is clever it's a very shallow kind of cleverness.

Also, I'm a she. :j:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Robindaybird posted:

Granted, people got a history of co-opting insults as a point of pride, but I don't think they generally name landmarks after it.

TERFs are really odd about having the term applied to them. They don't hide that they despise trans women, and say nasty poo poo about them all day long, but boy do they get mad when you call a spade a spade by calling them TERFs. They're radical feminists, they exclude trans people (trans men, to them, are just misguided women so they pointedly ignore their gender identity). Seems like they respond "gently caress yeah, what of it?" but no.

You can't say the word anywhere on social media, in any context, without one popping up to tell you it's a slur, how dare you, you loving t... lover.

TERFs aren't very good with irony, either.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

Waves of Steel
Fun Shoe

Mraagvpeine posted:

I will admit, I get a small chuckle every time an enemy kills another enemy while trying to kill you.

I think I saw one of those eye laser enemies shoot itself with its own laser. It somehow got ahead of the beam.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Anoia posted:

TERFs are really odd about having the term applied to them. They don't hide that they despise trans women, and say nasty poo poo about them all day long, but boy do they get mad when you call a spade a spade by calling them TERFs. They're radical feminists, they exclude trans people (trans men, to them, are just misguided women so they pointedly ignore their gender identity). Seems like they respond "gently caress yeah, what of it?" but no.

You can't say the word anywhere on social media, in any context, without one popping up to tell you it's a slur, how dare you, you loving t... lover.

see also: "cisgender is a slur!!!!!!!!!!!11!1!"

Mraagvpeine posted:

it keeps happening

like the first time i was just like haha this ai but now it's getting downright disconcerting, especially with the lady who charged right into her own bomb because ??????

Anyways, I'm going to leave things open for another day even if chances are "send PRESIDENT FEMINISM to the great womyn-centered music festival in the sky" isn't going to win in a surprise landslide, because I'm lazy and really want to dig into We Happy Few. :v:

Ningyou fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 3, 2016

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Robindaybird posted:

I hang around pretty radfem circles and uhhh, imagining them ever using 'TERF' displays such a fundamental lack of understanding of their position that it's pretty goddamn baffling tbh

Thuryl posted:

Yeah, in principle I can buy a group reclaiming an insulting exonym, the same way my university had a Queer Committee, but at this point my trust in the writer having thought things through that far is close to zero. Even in the moments when the writing is clever it's a very shallow kind of cleverness.

Also, I'm a she. :j:
That's more the act of a minority though; trying to blunt an attack; it's not something that the actual stronger group has to or does, except, ugh, 'ironically', like whites calling themselves 'honkies' and stuff like that.

And sorry for misgendering ya, though I can't think of a more fitting thread to commit that faux pas

Anoia posted:

See, this is more the poo poo I was expecting and maybe woulda coulda talked against but meh, this game doesn't really raise any questions, it just provides us with some baffling and I gotta say rather inane thoughts of an author that does nothing with the subject

Like, the whole game happening in Bulgaria while the protag is a Turk. Yet, we haven't gone into issues of religion, ethnicity, xenophobia or anything and for something that you know, probably should include it, it doesn't even talk about gender at all, not in any real sense

Like, loving lol, "Is Steak Toxic Masculinity" is just dumb and insulting on so many levels that I can definitely see how this attracted gamergators even if it wasn't intended

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

If one good thing has come out of this game it is that every time I think of that line I will eat a steak out of spite

This also means I will have to take care not to think of it very often because I only have so much money to spend on steaks

(There are probably lots of interesting things that could be said about the gender-marking of foods, but as usual this game does not say any of them and I would not trust it to try.)

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 4, 2016

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Like, the whole game happening in Bulgaria while the protag is a Turk. Yet, we haven't gone into issues of religion, ethnicity, xenophobia or anything and for something that you know, probably should include it, it doesn't even talk about gender at all, not in any real sense

It's hard for even a good writer to make any of this poo poo matter in a six hour platformer where the real antagonists are space puddles at the end of the world. To be a bit less charitable, every potential plot hook in this game that's based on real world issues of gender identity, ethnicity, etc is nothing but window dressing to the secret illuminati brainslug story at the core of all this. It's extremely disingenuous to market a game as some flavor of feminist discussion, but marketing is exactly what all of that turned out to be. This whole game is just some kind of intersectional aesthetic draped over about a page or two of very trite and poorly-executed conspiracy theory, which actually makes it funnier to me that various lovely people latched on to it because it doesn't really help their cause to go "we undermined the message of this game" when the actual writers undermined it from the start.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
don't see eye to e~y~e

Thuryl posted:

If one good thing has come out of this game it is that every time I think of that line I will eat a steak out of spite

This also means I will have to take care not to think of it very often because I only have so much money to spend on steaks

(There are probably lots of interesting things that could be said about the gender-marking of foods, but as usual this game does not say any of them and I would not trust it to try.)
I actually bought a steak last weekend because dumb self-care reasons and thought about making a post about how IN LOVING MEMORY OF THIS GAME :911: i made this delicious steak sandwich with roasted tomatoes (the tomatoes represent the blood of patriotic Space Bulgarians), but it was actually kind of not great and I just couldn't be arsed after that. :sigh:

On the bright side, I also bought ingredients for cheesecake and that both (a) does not remind me of this game and (b) is going to be pret~ty fuckin swell, so. It evens out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Thuryl posted:

Gotta go with this, as well.

• Locked thread