Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Some Numbers posted:

##Cure Black.

:siren:Players win the game:siren:

End of month when I get back home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Woo! Good game guys!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Jedit posted:

Is this a disease that is making my dick so hard?

Has it been longer than 4 hours?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

berenzen posted:

Has it been longer than 4 hours?

Can't be, there is no Blue medicine yet.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

A good point to say thanks for running this! I guess at the moment it's pretty much just base Pandemic but I'm eager to see wonky poo poo hit.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Stelas posted:

A good point to say thanks for running this! I guess at the moment it's pretty much just base Pandemic but I'm eager to see wonky poo poo hit.

Starts now, with end of game upgrades and win bonus!!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah I wanna see those real bad. Do we get to pick from a list? The rules aren't quite clear.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

There's disease upgrades for diseases you eradicated, then a bunch of 1-off upgrades that people can grab for characters. Also permanent research stations that you get to start with at the beginning of the game.

Source: I own the game but haven't actually gotten to play it yet.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The rules aren't quite clear because with the physical game you get this big thing of stickers and that has all your upgrades on it :v: Out of all of them you as a group decide which 2 you want to take. I'm sure Samurai is going to do a whole post with what everything is eventually so that's all i'll say about it.

But what is interesting to note is that since you guys managed to eradicate black, you also have the option of applying one of your upgrades to it to make it easier to cure for the next games going forward. It goes in ascending order so for now you can only put the first upgrade on there, but if you're lucky enough to keep eradicating it every game you can eventually make it super easy to cure.

e:beat to the punch!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The rules aren't quite clear because with the physical game you get this big thing of stickers and that has all your upgrades on it :v: Out of all of them you as a group decide which 2 you want to take. I'm sure Samurai is going to do a whole post with what everything is eventually so that's all i'll say about it.

e:beat to the punch!
Yeah a lot of the fun of the Legacy game is opening all the little boxes and pulling open all the little dossiers they give you, and putting all the stickers down.

It's like arts and crafts with Ebola! :confuoot:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Stelas posted:

Yeah I wanna see those real bad. Do we get to pick from a list? The rules aren't quite clear.

Yeah. I'll give a list later today. I'm actually writing the rules summary right now instead of working.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Cool kids do all their updates from work (because that's peak US timezone)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Rules done, if anyone wants to take a look and point out if I'm missing something. Second post.

Stelas posted:

Cool kids do all their updates from work (because that's peak US timezone)

:hfive:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, I’ve found a picture of the sticker upgrade.

So, after you finish a game of P:L, a few things happen: If you’ve lost the first game of a month (January in our case), you have a second go at it. In this case, Blue would still be COdA, with all the consequences. If you lose it a second time, you move to the next month. If you win the month on the first try, you move to the next month as well.

Winning a game also means that you have things under control, and thus the WWO or whomever gives you 2 less Funded Events for the next game. If you lose, you get two more. So we’ll start February with only 2 Funded Events in the Player Deck.

Finally, each finished game lets you pick two upgrades from this list:

Positive Mutations

Only for diseases that you have eradicated in this game. Positive Mutations must be upgraded in order (i.e. you can’t place a level 4 mutation before placing levels 1, 2 and 3 first)
  • Lvl 1. Common Structure (3 available): You no longer need to be in a Research Station to Discover a Cure for the Disease
  • Lvl 2. Efficient to Sequence (3 available): You no longer need to spend an Action to Discover a Cure for the Disease
  • Lvl 3. Easier Agents (2 Available) You can Discover a Cure for the Disease with one fewer card.
  • Lvl 4. (1 Available): When you Treat, remove all the cubes of this color from the city.

Character Upgrades

You can place up to two upgrades in a character. Only characters used in the just-finished game can be upgraded. You can cover an already-placed upgrade with another one. Only one of each upgrade is available.
  • Grizzled: Do not gain a Scar when you’re in a city when it outbreaks.
  • Flexible: For an Action, discard a card to get a card of the same colour from the Player’s Discard pile.
  • Forecaster: At the start of your turn, look at the top 2 Infection cards.
  • Archive Access: Increase your hand limit by 1 card.
  • Local Connections: Once per turn, you may Treat Disease in a city connected to the city you’re in.
  • Pilot: Do not discard a card when taking a Direct Flight. Show the card and return it to your hand.

Research Stations

You can use one of your upgrades to mark a city that has finished the game with a Research Station with a sticker, like the one printed in the map in Atlanta. Each game will start with a Research Station there, unless the city is Rioting or worse.

Unfunded Events

A bit tricky: you can select a Player City Card and add a sticker with an Event to it. These don’t count against the limit of Funded Events that get added to the deck at the start of the game. You can use the card like normal (for travelling, researching a cure, etc…) or for the event (these don’t cost an action, like a normal Event). 1 of each available.
  • Experimental Program: Remove 1 Disease cube anywhere on the board
  • Trending Data: Look at as many infection cards as the current infection rate. Do not alter the order of the cards.
  • Grassroots Program: The person who plays this card may discard up to 3 city cards, removing 1 cube matching the color of each card, anywhere on the board.

Discuss the upgrades you'd like, please.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Aug 8, 2016

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I think Common structure is too good a card to pass up. Making red super easy to eradicate would be nice.

An additional research station might be nice to have. Saves us a card and we get that additional mobility.

Giving the scientist archive access might be a good idea as well. Let's Jedit or whoever is playing it work on two cures simultaneously.

I can see giving Some Numbers local connections though, turning the medic into Supermedic.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Aug 8, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Agreed on Common Structure, I think.

I would rather have a super-Medic than a better Scientist. The Scientist can already work on two cures at once, if he can cure a disease on the same turn as getting his fourth card for the set. That will be easy for Red if we take Common Structure and not too hard for the others.

One other possibility is Pilot. Being able to teleport to a city and either build a research station on it or hand the card directly to somebody has a lot of potential.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, Common Structure.

I tend to value movement more than anything else - I'd almost argue that a new permanent research facility would be a great idea, not least because Atlanta's at 1 panic, though where to put it is a really good question.

I kind of wish the upgrades were more character-specific and played into their unique moves. Oh well.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Definitely in for Common Structure.

I'm fine with both super-Medic and Pilot. Super-Medic would have been very very useful this last game.

A new Research Station in the red or black area is also a great idea.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Note that the research station sticker is only for ones that exist at game end, i.e. that you've built during this game.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

silvergoose posted:

Note that the research station sticker is only for ones that exist at game end, i.e. that you've built during this game.

Wait, what?

We... completely missed that.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Fat Samurai posted:

Wait, what?

We... completely missed that.

Heh. I was boggling at the possibility that *I* had missed the converse, and we could literally have put the stickers anywhere anytime and...yeah.

"Select a city currently containing a research station and add a starting research station sticker."

Yup I was right. :3:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, it's logical. Everything you upgrade affects stuff you've used/done in the game. Diseases you've eradicated, Roles used, etc...

So far it seems Common Structure is a clear winner. I'll wait a bit to see if someone has any other suggestion and the put the second one to a vote, so we can start February tomorrow. This is in no way an attempt to move away from the topic of me being dumb :)

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 8, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Get the Pilot upgrade for the Dispatcher. It allows the Dispatcher the move other people with the Dispatcher's cards and enable more card hand off shenanigans.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I see no more suggestions, so it seems the players will go with Common Structure for sure and one of Medic-Local Connections, Dispatcher-Pilot, Research Station-Delhi or Lagos.

Also, roll call for February. Random.org tells me that Alris, Electric Hobo, StashAugustine and David Valkri are our next players.

Finally, I'm sick of calling it the Red Disease. Suggestions in the thread were:

Xelkelvos posted:

Suggestions:
Pacific Ringworm
Ringworm of Fire
Chinese Fire Ills
East Asian Tiger Pox

Stelas posted:

The Red Tide
The Corbyn Menace
Acute Brexit

Jedit posted:

Set Meal For 4 Persons.

I'm going to type it quite often, try to be nice.

Old Players: Vote on the name of the disease and the second upgrade
New Players: Say something.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
hi

edit: god I need to start studying the rules.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm on board with Despatcher-Pilot, but then I'm biased.

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm going to type it quite often, try to be nice.

Let's call it 🀐🀐🀐🀑🀒🀓🀔🀕🀖🀗🀘🀘🀘.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'm on board for ringworm of fire. I think the research station in Delhi is also good, simply for mobility. Dispatcher-pilot might be good for the following level up though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I think voting on the disease name should involve everyone who signed up to play.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Fair enough. Disease name vote open to everyone involved in this mess.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Don't worry, naming diseases and deciding on other upgrades were easily the longest decisions of the campaign. :v:

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
My group didn't know eradication meant we got to name the diseases. We've just been naming them as it's felt right.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Oh hey I guess I'm doing this now. I'll go with Ringworm of Fire and actually read the rules once I get home.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I will also say Ringworm of Fire. And oh boy, I've played base Pandemic but not Legacy, so here we go!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I've poked Mr. Hobo, if I don't hear anything Xelkelvos will have his spot.

Red Disease has been christened as Ringworm of Fire. Still waiting for a definite second upgrade.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Sorry about that! Give my spot to the other guy, I'm already in a couple of pbp games and I don't want to overextent so everything starts to suck.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Electric Hobo posted:

Sorry about that! Give my spot to the other guy, I'm already in a couple of pbp games and I don't want to overextent so everything starts to suck.

Ok, Xelkelvos is in, then.

Be as much of a dick as you can to other players in Keyflower, please.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Fat Samurai posted:

Ok, Xelkelvos is in, then.Be as much of a dick as you can to other players in Keyflower, please.
I'll say you asked me to every time I kick someone who's down!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

We get to blame these guys if they mess up our work, right?

I'm still thinking give Despatcher Pilot.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I blame the deck if anything bad happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Having read the rules and reread the first month I'm leaning Dispatcher-Pilot

• Locked thread