Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does he call it the Tanahashi Clashy? Because if not I don’t see how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i like it when the hillbilly jumps way up in the air and mashes his forearm into the other carny's stupid face imo

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

i like it when the hillbilly jumps way up in the air and mashes his forearm into the other carny's stupid face imo

It's astonishing how much his longer hair accentuates the move and makes it more badass. Which is something I would absolutely not say about anyone else.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Spiral Tap is AJ's best move

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jenkem Delivery posted:

:yeah:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Heck yeah

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

the escape goat posted:

It's astonishing how much his longer hair accentuates the move and makes it more badass. Which is something I would absolutely not say about anyone else.

Every time they show a slo-mo replay of AJ flying across the ring like a literal comic book figure, I cry a little inside that they call Roman's little hopping thing a "Superman Punch".

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Nipponophile posted:

Every time they show a slo-mo replay of AJ flying across the ring like a literal comic book figure, I cry a little inside that they call Roman's little hopping thing a "Superman Punch".

That's the shoot name for that movr

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Junpei Hyde posted:

MMA has a Superman Punch but it's not at all what Roman does.

He's emulating the stab move Brad Pitt does a few times in Troy. He's admitted it in interviews.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Aphrodite posted:

He's emulating the stab move Brad Pitt does a few times in Troy. He's admitted it in interviews.
Then why does he do the Iron Man ground pound

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aphrodite posted:

the only difference is that Roman's version has more theatrics and slighlty different footwork than what you would normally see in MMA, but seriously, it's professional wrestling

doing extra theatrics so the entire audience can see what you're doing is half the charm

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you want to ignore what slightly means entirely, okay sure a running leap is slightly different footwork from a kick feint.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RealFoxy posted:

Uh, it's the Halo ground pound, get it right.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm glad you agree the person who named that move should be shot.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aphrodite posted:

If you want to ignore what slightly means entirely, okay sure a running leap is slightly different footwork from a kick feint.

its almost like pro wrestling is faked and that it minimizes certain aspects of pro fighting in order for theater :thunk:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Which'd be fine except in this case, the Superman Punch as Roman does it looks like complete rear end and the MMA Superman Punch looks really cool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

its almost like pro wrestling is faked and that it minimizes certain aspects of pro fighting in order for theater :thunk:

You're not getting out of how stupid what you said is.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Aphrodite posted:

You're not getting out of how stupid what you said is.

what, that roman doesn't do a kick feint before and can use both legs as he leaps forward and punches a dude in the face instead of the traditional one where someone feints a kick before leaping forward off of the front leg and punching a dude in the face

it really isn't all that obvious if you are watching it live, especially since most WWE camera work these days tends to try and follow the impact, so they don't always show the legs, just the punch

If you can spot the difference, thats good, but the more important aspects of a leaping punch are the actual leap and the actual punch, not that it has to start with him balanced slightly on one leg, and if that has to be sacrificed so it's easier for the crowd to recognize and respond to it, that's not a bad thing and simply something that differentiates professional wrestling from actual fighting.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 19, 2018

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

Because CM Punk proved that ripping off a swords & sandals movie and then immediately following up with a comic book reference makes people like you.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

roman doesnt do the same type of punch as a superman punch. There are different kinds of a punch. you probably didn't know that. God damnit

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Roman does the Big Dog Blaster please don't confuse your move names

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

roman empire does the spear u idiots

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

roman empire does the spear u idiots

Is that the tribute version of Roman Reigns?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is that the tribute version of Roman Reigns?

the jumbo tron says roman empire when THE BIG DOG boss walks down the ramp to HIS YARD

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You're all missing the real point which is that when someone asked about the superman punch he didn't know who superman is.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why should he? That comic book poo poo is beneath being the Big Dog and maintaining the yard.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Potentially a spoiler, but Kairi Sane is in New York tonight (Where RAW is broadcasting from). A lot of the other NXT talent on the latest tour already flew home back to Orlando apparently.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

DarkstarIV posted:

Potentially a spoiler, but Kairi Sane is in New York tonight (Where RAW is broadcasting from). A lot of the other NXT talent on the latest tour already flew home back to Orlando apparently.

Is Bayley injured or something

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

Is Bayley injured or something

Nope. RAW has one or two slots left to fill for Money in the Bank, however. I can see her winning a qualifying match since there are...two slots left on RAW to fill, I think. Natalya probably is getting one, which means the other one will either be going to Alicia or Dana otherwise. And it seems like WWE likes strutting out Kairi for their major events (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania Women's Battle Royale)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

Nope. RAW has one or two slots left to fill for Money in the Bank, however. I can see her winning a qualifying match since there are...two slots left on RAW to fill, I think. Natalya probably is getting one, which means the other one will either be going to Alicia or Dana otherwise. And it seems like WWE likes strutting out Kairi for their major events (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania Women's Battle Royale)

Is Alicia done healing from her broken butt?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

IcePhoenix posted:

Is Alicia done healing from her broken butt?

Apparently she's backstage tonight, but she's in pretty deep poo poo still apparently over the Travis confrontation over Wrestlemania weekend.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Good trick to try and make people watch the Zayn Lashley segment. Very evil, respect

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just putting it in here to be on the safe side, but the full WWE Japan tour card for June was released:

quote:

Night 1 (6/29):

- AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship

- Bludgeon Brothers vs The Usos vs Gallows and Anderson vs Rusev Day for the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Titles

- Carmella vs Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown Women's Championship

- Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass (this match is very likely going to change)

- New Day vs The Bar

- Asuka, Becky Lynch, and Naomi vs The IIconics and Lana

- Sin Cara vs Andrade "Cien" Almas (w/ Zelina Vega)

Night 2 (6/30):

- AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Daniel Bryan vs Samoa Joe for the WWE Championship

- Carmella vs Asuka vs Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown Women's Championship

- Bludgeon Brothers vs The New Day vs Gallows and Anderson vs The Bar for the SD! Tag Titles

- The Usos vs Rusev Day

- Sin Cara vs The Miz

- Becky Lynch and Naomi vs The IIconics and Lana in a 2 on 3 handicap match.

It is worth noting that they have two points on there: One is card subject to change, and the other is basically the champions as of 5/25, and its subject to change.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 26, 2018

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ahahahahahaha what DeAngelo Williams is back?

https://twitter.com/ifyouseekcasey/status/1002720627860615168

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 2, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

Desi Hit Squad defeat Z&E
Rich Swann debuts and defeats Trevor Lee
DeAngelo Williams returns, interrupted and attacked by Austin Aries
Eli Drake defeats Grado
Eddie Edwards attacks Dezmond Xavier and Andrew Everett before their singles match can happen, threatens to do the same to Tommy Dreamer
Madison Rayne defeats Tessa Blanchard
Sami Callihan and OVE attack Sam Osborne
Aries defeats Aiden Prince
Kongo Kong and Matt Sydal defeat a local team
Xavier defeats Phil Atlas

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

TNA's playing with fire using Tessa, you know she's getting signed to NXT very very very soon!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wow, Phil Atlas is still wrestling. 10 gets you 20 he got that gig through D'Amore.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

lmfao what???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am totally fine with DeAngelo Williams potentially being TNA Champion.