Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Anybody else looking forward to some h*ll-*ss vi*lence for the b*lt tonight?

Wow, please watch your language. This is a kayfabe friendly zone. :shobon:

Smackdown Tags is now at -1050, from -420, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's cute that people think Asuka will ever be relevant again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

It's cute that people think Asuka will ever be relevant again

Luckily it’s not a lot of people

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
WWE are very, very good at one aspect of promoting: Taking someone they don't see as a star and making absolutely sure that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

I would say congrats to Team RAW on their win, but considering there is talk that Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn are legitimately REALLY loving ANGRY at Nia for loving up their main event of Becky vs Ronda, I dunno.

Obviously not that loving angry then.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Luckily it’s not a lot of people

I didn’t expect this to include squashed by Nia, for the record lol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

Just one more thing; that was actually posted several hours ago, so if you want the latest information at crucial times then keep us bookmarked!

Hi I posted for well over a decade on the Oratory forum that spun off of Rajah. We had such high profile posters as reviewer John C. who I can’t even find anymore after he got run off for pretending to be married and Xavier von Erick who founded Perverted Justice and was the most insufferable human being alive

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hello my friend!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’m actually a little impressed going there that Rajah still exists and has multiple writers with multiple updates a day actually, and that Rajah apparently still does stuff himself as well. I remember that site feeling weirdly old in the early 2000s

Rajah: more involved with his two decade year old site than Lowtax

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I briefly wrote for Rajah, but all I did was troll fanfiction articles about Mr. rear end before I quit.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

I briefly wrote for Rajah, but all I did was troll fanfiction articles about Mr. rear end before I quit.

are you the author of @BillyGunnFact

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm Bigass Moth! BWAP BWAP

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Starrcade spoilers (I bolded all of the matches/segments slated to air tomorrow):

- Elias and Ric Flair hold a concert, and are interrupted by Nia Jax, Mickie James, Alicia Fox, and Tamina

- Bayley, Sasha, Ember, and Dana def. Nia Jax, Mickie James, Alicia Fox, and Tamina

- The Bar def. The New Day to retain the tag titles

- Bray Wyatt def. Baron Corbin twice

- Charlotte Flair def. Asuka (apparently this match was really sloppy on the part of Charlotte, and she won via a fluke rollup)

- Shinsuke and Rey bickered on Miz TV, setting up a match.

- Miz interfered, resulting in Rusev and Lana making the save, setting up a tag match.

- Rey Mysterio and Rusev defeated The Miz and Shinsuke Nakamura

- AJ Styles def. Samoa Joe via submission in a steel cage match

- Seth Rollins def. Dean Ambrose in a steel cage match

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Nov 25, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was packed up and ready to go to this show yesterday and trying to find last-minute tickets since it's only a four hour drive but decided against it when I saw the holiday traffic on the interstate. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

- Charlotte Flair def. Asuka (apparently this match was really sloppy on the part of Charlotte, and she won via a fluke rollup)

- Seth Rollins def. Dean Ambrose in a steel cage match

lmao

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

I was packed up and ready to go to this show yesterday and trying to find last-minute tickets since it's only a four hour drive but decided against it when I saw the holiday traffic on the interstate. Looks like I dodged a bullet.

Yeah, Starrcade is basically a house show. Absolutely nothing of note happened.

First part I guess was to protect Asuka for now (there was a large amount of backlash online [social media] about Asuka/Charlotte tonight before the match even happened), and the Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose match was for the IC title.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I knew it was a house show, I had a chance to go to the one in NC event last year and it was a lot of fun

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, Starrcade is basically a house show. Absolutely nothing of note happened.

First part I guess was to protect Asuka for now (there was a large amount of backlash online [social media] about Asuka/Charlotte tonight before the match even happened), and the Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose match was for the IC title.

They want to protect Asuka, which is why they're having her lose matches.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

She's the Samoa Joe of the Women's division. They just like the idea of that intimidating wrestler that COULD believably win and kick anyone's rear end, but don't want them at the top.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

fatherofmustard posted:

They want to protect Asuka, which is why they're having her lose matches.

I would argue a rollup is a hell of a lot better than tapping out. Again. Especially since it was very flukey apparently.

And Joe tapped out clean tonight.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Like four years ago the rollup was the most common finish to women's matches on the main roster so I'd hardly consider that protected.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

RealFoxy posted:

Like four years ago the rollup was the most common finish to women's matches on the main roster so I'd hardly consider that protected.

I'd consider it protected considering the event it was held at is basically the "Flair Appreciation Night". Asuka still lost, but at least she didn't look like a loving loser idiot here.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

House show results don’t matter. Hope that helps

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

It's funny how some people still believe that WWE has anything major planned for Asuka.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fatherofmustard posted:

It's funny how some people still believe that WWE has anything major planned for Asuka.

Nobody is ready for Asuka!

Especially the main roster bookers!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

LOL at Dean losing his title shot. They're desperate to kill him dead and I have no clue why since without him their top heel is.... Drew?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

LOL at Dean losing his title shot. They're desperate to kill him dead and I have no clue why since without him their top heel is.... Drew?

I mean if Seth/Dean ain't airing then he hasn't lost anything yet

Venomous fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Nov 25, 2018

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

It's a house show

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fatherofmustard posted:

It's funny how some people* still believe that WWE has anything major planned for Asuka.

It’s just the one

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Basically everything about Asuka is tailor made to make sure Vince never pushes her. She's over with smarks, she's Asian, she doesn't speak great English and when she does she has a fairly strong accent, she cares more about being a good worker than about being hot, and she's closer to 40 than 20.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

Doesn't mean poo poo until TLC dawg.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the weeks leading up to a PPV title shot the non-champ loses like a dozen+ times at house shows. Or sometimes if they’re the face they win by DQ. It’s normal.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Basically everything about Asuka is tailor made to make sure Vince never pushes her. She's over with smarks, she's Asian, she doesn't speak great English and when she does she has a fairly strong accent, she cares more about being a good worker than about being hot, and she's closer to 40 than 20.

Yeah frankly I’m shocked she isn’t being made to look worse

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Maybe she also hits his weird "Could this fake wrestler beat someone up IRL" button

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Maybe she also hits his weird "Could this fake wrestler beat someone up IRL" button

Only works so far with Vince since he nixed an Aja Kong vs Alundra Blyze program cause Kong legit scared him

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Card for Takeover Blackpool appears to be:

NXT UK Title
Pete Dunne (c) vs Joe Coffey

NXT UK Women's Title
Rhea Ripley (c) vs Toni Storm

NXT UK Tag Title Tournament Final
Moustache Mountain (Bate/Seven) vs Grizzled Young Veterans (Gibson/Drake)

No DQ Match
Dave Mastiff vs Eddie Dennis

Jordan Devlin vs Travis Banks

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Card for Takeover Blackpool appears to be:

NXT UK Title
Pete Dunne (c) vs Joe Coffey

NXT UK Women's Title
Rhea Ripley (c) vs Toni Storm

NXT UK Tag Title Tournament Final
Moustache Mountain (Bate/Seven) vs Grizzled Young Veterans (Gibson/Drake)

No DQ Match
Dave Mastiff vs Eddie Dennis

Jordan Devlin vs Travis Banks

Seems pretty rad. Also it's on my birthday. :)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

No wolfy... :qq:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

No wolfy... :qq:

I assume he'll get involved in the main event, and lead to him and the Coffeys vs British Strong Style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Sanguinia posted:

You could do a lot worse than Drew McIntyre for your top heel, to be honest.