Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«228 »
Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

Plz watch Raw next week and then come back and tell me it is like NXT.
NXT is MAYBE a little melodramatic right now, but, in my opinion, they have performers and writers capable of pulling it off. Idk, I like melodrama in my fake sports. I'm still along for the ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenkem Delivery
Feb 8, 2005

Death created time to grow the things that it would kill

The Gargano-Ciampa feud has been drawn out too long just send them to 205 live already

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jenkem Delivery posted:

The Gargano-Ciampa feud has been drawn out too long just send them to 205 live already

Gargano/Murphy would be the 5-star match with the least crowd reaction ever.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Once you Whee-in, You can't Whee-out

Dinosaur Gum

Jonah Rock is supposed to be headed to WWE in January per a source that I forgot.

Rovert, regarding the people going to WWE/NXT in January..are we more going to be surprised by the amount of the people signed or who is signing?

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

So who do we have so far?

ACH
Shane Strickland
Trevor Lee
WALTER
Sam Shaw
Jonah Rock

Who am I missing?

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1069491649464680450

I'm guessing Mercedes Martinez is one of them, probably in a Kassius Ohno type role.

I don't know who the longtime tag team would be. I can't imagine it's Daniels-Kazarian but maybe so.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can't imagine it's Daniels-Kazarian but maybe so.

Their contracts are up post-Final Battle and Dave said last month they were offered extensions they didn't sign yet

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

Only if they say "THIS IS THE WORST PROMOTION I'VE EVER BEEN IN!" the second they get to Raw.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

this is a job for the Punk

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm guessing Mercedes Martinez is one of them, probably in a Kassius Ohno type role.

Her twitter has her booked for indie shows in February, so I doubt it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ATTENTION HOTLINE FANS!

There is hot news circulating about your favorite or most hated promotion or wrestler, but because of the sensitivity of these scoops I can't talk about them here on Something Awful.

To get the low down exclusive, call my hotline now!

TV Zombie posted:

Rovert, regarding the people going to WWE/NXT in January..are we more going to be surprised by the amount of the people signed or who is signing?

Are you not already? No one left that I know of is a bigger star than those already public.

The amount will change between now and January as there's another NXT tryout in two weeks, WWE signing everyone on the indies or trying to and whatever happens when ROH and New Japan deals are up.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Once you Whee-in, You can't Whee-out

Dinosaur Gum

I definitely am. I guess I was just expecting them to sign others from Japan and Mexico.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

People thought they had more time before all of our worst fears about the territories' future wound up being realized

HHH saw his opportunity and didn't want to wait

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Triple H's assassination of the indies is moving as six thousand times the pace that they're ironing out details for overseas NXT tours and assembled independents. I wouldn't have minded so much if EVOLVE was on the Network and just featured their newest NXT signees for a couple months before making it to NXT proper, or if NXT UK wasn't like 7 weeks of old tapes but right now NXT just looks like an aging man with a hoarding problem

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

andey...

vince will decide to cancel all of the worldwide nxts one day because it seems stupid or something and there will be 650 wrestlers signed to WWE with less than 120 of them working at all on any level and half that amount ever being seen anywhere besides a small crowd once in a while. all of wrestling is very healthy

sportsgenius86
Jun 17, 2008

THE STREAK IS OVER

Cavauro posted:

vince will decide to cancel all of the worldwide nxts one day because it seems stupid or something and there will be 650 wrestlers signed to WWE with less than 120 of them working at all on any level and half that amount ever being seen anywhere besides a small crowd once in a while. all of wrestling is very healthy

Vince will lose money to keep anyone else from making it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Often Cavauro's posts are jokes. I do not think this is one of them.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

NJPW survived being raided a couple times and actually came out ahead, hopefully this trend continues elsewhere

Jenkem Delivery
Feb 8, 2005

Death created time to grow the things that it would kill

Jackie D posted:

NJPW survived being raided a couple times and actually came out ahead, hopefully this trend continues elsewhere

NJPW is well positioned to survive raids because they have solid writing, booking, and the best training system in the world. Look at how NJPW handled the the loss of Gallows, Anderson, Styles and Nakamura vs. ROH and the loss of Roddy, Cole, Bobby, and Kyle. I don't think many other promotions have that kind of infrastructure.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WWE is also racist as gently caress so they're never going to take more than 2 or 3 of New Japan's native talent, only the gaijin.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The dojo system and being in Japan are a huge boon for NJPW. Its hard to convince a native Japan talent to leave the company that trained them to go live full time in America. Especially compared to convincing UK indie guys to move to Florida.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

Jenkem Delivery posted:

NJPW is well positioned to survive raids because they have solid writing, booking, and the best training system in the world. Look at how NJPW handled the the loss of Gallows, Anderson, Styles and Nakamura vs. ROH and the loss of Roddy, Cole, Bobby, and Kyle. I don't think many other promotions have that kind of infrastructure.

ROH survived those losses by posting record business and buzz, with percentage gains possibly bigger than NJPW did.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Only two of those guys from NJPW came through the training system, though (Anderson and Nakamura). And don't forget that 2.5 of those ROH guys were NJPW regulars too (Adam Cole wasn't as crucial to storyline but frequently competing there, and reDRagon were tag champs).

The booking and contracts are solid though, that's in their favor.

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

MassRafTer posted:

ROH survived those losses by posting record business and buzz, with percentage gains possibly bigger than NJPW did.

Because of all the Bullet Club stuff, which is, uh, from New Japan?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

VJeff posted:

Because of all the Bullet Club stuff, which is, uh, from New Japan?

They will be gone in 2019 and I'm predicting the biggest average attendance in ROH history for the first half of the year.

Norwegian Rudo
May 8, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

They will be gone in 2019 and I'm predicting the biggest average attendance in ROH history for the first half of the year.

Attendance changes notoriously lag behind changes to the product. Come back in 2020.

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2018 around 08:30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Wrong thread. Derp.

YeehawMcKickass fucked around with this message at Dec 6, 2018 around 00:35

«228 »