Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«280 »
Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

She's going to be so mad.

and clumsy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Me uni a la Revolucion #RXT

el sabe ...

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm going to name my child Ultimate Dragon Glacier

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

quote:

In the latest Observer Radio, Meltzer talks about the latest set of tapings and he brings up Gargano getting the NXT Title shot at Takeover: Toronto and not Matt Riddle. Says he was told Riddle will be staying there "for a long time" so they are not rushing anything with him. He says at one point it was going to be Cole vs Riddle for the title, which is why he beat Roderick Strong at Takeover XXV to set that up, but now Riddle won't even be on the card at Takeover: Toronto.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Yeah. Its looking like Takeover will be the following card:

Cole vs Gargano III
TUE vs Street Profits
Dream vs Dunne vs Strong
Baszler vs Yim
Breakout Tournament Finals

And the taping before Takeover should have three matches.

Breezango vs Forgotten Sons
Riddle vs Dain
Shirai vs LeRae

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Gun Saliva

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah. Its looking like Takeover will be the following card:

Cole vs Gargano III
TUE vs Street Profits
Dream vs Dunne vs Strong
Baszler vs Yim
Breakout Tournament Finals

And the taping before Takeover should have three matches.

Breezango vs Forgotten Sons
Riddle vs Dain
Shirai vs LeRae

This is the first Takeover where I can look at the pre-tapes and I'd rather see all three of them on the main card instead of most of the others.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Kvantum posted:

This is the first Takeover where I can look at the pre-tapes and I'd rather see all three of them on the main card instead of most of the others.

Yeah.

Dream vs Dunne vs Strong will be good. Same goes for the NXT Tag Team title match.

Otherwise I don't really care about anything else on the main card. And apparently neither does NXT because the three likely pre-tape matches had significantly more build done at the tapings than the actual matches on the Takeover card itself. Cole vs Gargano III is really starting to stretch this feud, and I want both men to move on to other things after its done. I don't care about the Breakout Tournament finals because whoever wins is probably losing at the next set of tapings anyways. And Baszler/Yim has been completely eclipsed by the Shirai/LeRae feud, barring any potentially great backstage segments between Yim/Baszler.

Meanwhile the Dain/Riddle feud has been pretty great because of how great some of the spots have been (like Riddle being sent through the entrance ramp floor), Breezango reuniting in a place where they'll actually be treated fairly well, and Shirai brutally attacking Candice and displaying a significantly more malevolent side of herself.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at Jun 15, 2019 around 15:01

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
DISINGENUOUS GASLIGHTING PIECE OF SHIT CREEPER FANTASIST

Kvantum posted:

With the build all taped two months prior to Takeover you have to assume they put on together those three matches/pairings together in case someone on the intended main card gets hurt in the interim.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

I know people probably don't want it, but it feels like NXT has enough big names and and good will that they could expand Takeover cards by at least a match or two and increase their length.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

I know people probably don't want it, but it feels like NXT has enough big names and and good will that they could expand Takeover cards by at least a match or two and increase their length.

6 matches, and making sure there's at least two women's and maybe have the non-title men's one be a tag sometimes would probably freshen things up some, yes.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...

Turn NXT into 305 Live.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Bigass Moth posted:

Turn NXT into 305 Live.
Do you really want a year long MVP vs Pitbull feuding GM angle?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

I honestly wouldn't mind a slightly longer Takeover. As long as they don't turn into 12 match cards like most main roster PPVs, then I don't really mind. 6 or 7 matches would be nice to have, as long as the quality of said matches are high.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Once you Whee-in, You can't Whee-out

Dinosaur Gum

How does Dunne get into the threeway with Dream and Strong?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

TV Zombie posted:

he beats either just Strong or both of them on the tapings i'm pretty sure and challenges Dream

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

He beat Strong at the tapings, and Dream attempted to jump him from behind afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get running
Start pumping your bunions, I'm coming
I'm the dumbest, who flamethrow your function to Funyons
Flame your crew quicker than Trump fucks his youngest
Now face the flame fuckers your fame and fate's done with

Bigass Moth posted:

Turn NXT into 305 Live.

I'm down, but only if 305 is the MINIMUM weight.

«280 »