Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i want to point out that even though i wasn't here, and nobody gives a poo poo, i didn't like the funhouse gimmick from the start because it was a lame rip off of tim and eric and bray isn't convincing doing the blues clues thing at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i agree that cena beating wyatt at mania definitively put a ceiling on that character when to that point it seemed like they could have a genuine star on their hands. and then yes they continued to heap stupid bullshit on to him in an attempt to make him matter despite losing a bunch. but the larger issue is that it is insane to re-litigate these things when the entire promotion has died a million deaths by a billion cuts in the time since and wwe discussion should be banned or quarantined in its own thread

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

it wasnt even getting pinned by cena. if he had succeeded in his goal (getting cena to Do A Bad), even if he lost, there'd be a direction to go. The way the match went they just told you this guy will never be taken seriously.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If Bray could've gotten like, one guy, to stay in his cult without turning on him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What killed him is that for years and YEARS, Bray would lose almost every single feud and the WWE had this mentality that he would be Kane-over his entire career. Kane was never supposed to be carrying the company on his back though, so it didn't matter if he lost all his feuds, it was more about the character and moments. But when you've got a younger guy like Wyatt who you'd expect to be there for 15+ years, having him lose everything, constantly, was damning and then when he finally got a character that was ready for the WWE title, it completely loving blew because they went TOO spooky

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bray being a dogshit worker hasn't helped

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Bray's fine but he's not a dude who should be leading or doing long matches

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kane probably has the largest quantity of dogshit wrestling output ever

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
yeah and now hes the frickin mayor so it worked out

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Reigns cannot in any way carry Bill Goldberg for a significant length of time, that match is going to be ten seconds long and that's only if they even bother having Roman dodge a spear before delivering his own.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Wyatt is the Miz. The Miz is Wyatt.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cabbit posted:

Reigns cannot in any way carry Bill Goldberg for a significant length of time, that match is going to be ten seconds long and that's only if they even bother having Roman dodge a spear before delivering his own.

I mean, that should be fine. You don't book that match because it's going to be a five star clinic. You book it for the spectacle and to put Reigns over.

Roman eats a spear and jackhammer, kicks out, counters another spear with the Superman punch, hits his own spear, wins. Keep it simple and short and it'll do what it's supposed to do.

Drew and Brock is what you make a big hoss off match since those guys can go longer.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Say what you want about that Bray/Cena feud, but that spot in their LMS match where Cena hurled the ring steps out of the ring into Bray really owned

https://youtu.be/_rkTHA6bYKA

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WWE sounds all mixed up. Maybe Wrestlemania will be a beautiful disaster.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't care about Bray. I think they obviously missed the boat on having him be a pseudo manager who did the talking and twisted people's minds while an army of other guys did the bulk of the work.

But its a hell of a trip that in 2020 Goldberg is back and gonna win the title and people are all for it even though like the last time he showed up he nearly killed someone. Its a hell of a statement about the state of WWE.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I don't care about Bray. I think they obviously missed the boat on having him be a pseudo manager who did the talking and twisted people's minds while an army of other guys did the bulk of the work.

But its a hell of a trip that in 2020 Goldberg is back and gonna win the title and people are all for it even though like the last time he showed up he nearly killed someone. Its a hell of a statement about the state of WWE.

that person he nearly killed is an old decrepit husk of a dead man who shoulda retired years ago. goldberg fuckin owns, give him the belt

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Say what you want about that Bray/Cena feud, but that spot in their LMS match where Cena hurled the ring steps out of the ring into Bray really owned

https://youtu.be/_rkTHA6bYKA

Cena's real good at most straight forward plunder matches, and this is a spot he got from his Umaga LMS match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AEW spoilers maybe! That's a fun change of pace!:

https://twitter.com/haoming_mask/status/1231502044940234752
Yuka wasn't on today's Tokyo Joshi card and isn't advertised for the Sunday show either, so she's available for either Dynamite or Revolution

Bea Priestley and Jamie Hayter are also free this week (Jamie's in the video watching Will be a goof)
https://twitter.com/BeaPriestley/status/1231896123553402880

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Remember when Bray was in a face version of the two man power trip with Regins for like a single episode of Raw and it was cool and then it was just dropped? (Maybe he got hurt? I forget)

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

He got injured the same week and the whole thing was dropped yeah

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
if Cena beats Wyatt again, it'll be what, the fifth time he's made him look like a huge dumbass?

1) John Cena refuses to use a chair on Bray Wyatt, hits Luke Harper with it instead, then beats Wyatt at WrestleMania
2) literally buries him underneath production equipment in a Last Man Standing match
3) drags a crying Bray Wyatt back to the ring to have some other people beat him up some more
4) with the Rock, beats them up at WrestleMania after the shortest WrestleMania match in history

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its gotta happen now

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I left off the cage match because I remembered it going well for Wyatt before the singing child stuff but I rewatched the ending and John Cena pretty effortlessly beats up all of the Wyatt Family and was about to walk out the door before the vocoder kid shows up

so this will be six

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

3) drags a crying Bray Wyatt back to the ring to have some other people beat him up some more

Goddamn John Cena rules

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Faustian Bargain posted:

Remember when Bray was in a face version of the two man power trip with Regins for like a single episode of Raw and it was cool and then it was just dropped? (Maybe he got hurt? I forget)

that finish with Bray pointing and Roman spearing Sheamus was the coolest thing either of them have ever done, something about that team loving clicked in the weirdest and coolest way

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Bard Maddox posted:

I left off the cage match because I remembered it going well for Wyatt before the singing child stuff but I rewatched the ending and John Cena pretty effortlessly beats up all of the Wyatt Family and was about to walk out the door before the vocoder kid shows up

so this will be six

flashy_mcflash posted:

Goddamn John Cena rules

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

wish we could get Cena against Bryan again. That's my favorite WWE match of all time.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Faustian Bargain posted:

Yeah it gave us this sick gif

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

That might coincidentally be Roman's best spear ever, too

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

It's even one of the few times the shakey cam makes sense because it naturally follows Roman's movement.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Bring back League of Nations but call it The United Nations and it’s all just really exquisite foreign born workers who say the truth about America and are the most hated heel stable in decades.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

There's another version that freezes on the spear and plays that Yes song like the anime that people get all horny for

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beth Phoenix is confirmed for next week's Raw

Edge and Taker will both appear at the March 9 Raw

Taker's traveling to Saudi

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 25, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bradzilla posted:

That might coincidentally be Roman's best spear ever, too

He once jumped over Sasha and Charlotte to spear Rusev, it was loving sick.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The time he flew like halfway down the ramp to spear the Big Show was pretty great too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Taker landed

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Taker landed

Imagine flying all that way to do a run-in on AJ.

On the other hand, imagine being paid many millions of dollars to do a run-in on AJ.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Imagine flying all that way to do a run-in on AJ.

On the other hand, imagine being paid many millions of dollars to do a run-in on AJ.

Lol Taker "running"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Vandar posted:

The time he flew like halfway down the ramp to spear the Big Show was pretty great too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZONhuKnhSI

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mob posted:

There's another version that freezes on the spear and plays that Yes song like the anime that people get all horny for

This is the coolest thing that both these dudes have ever done

And I LIKE both of them