Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mox hasn't called his shot in promos anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Kenny losing the belt and going even crazier but not able to challenge for the belt sounds like a lot of fun. And the belt collector poo poo is Impact Only, meaning it doesn't matter it's just poo poo he and Callis are talking.

Pylons posted:

Mox hasn't called his shot in promos anyway.

Yeah, this is the bigger signpost, Moxley's promos in AEW have laid out exactly what will happen in his title matches, and the promo for this one is basically, "it's been a hell of a ride." It's the close of this part of the Mox story.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
you also don't really need spoilers to go 'mox needs paternity leave and this'd be a hell of a sendoff for him right now and a good excuse to take a while off

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It also doesn't confirm anything considering it's wrestling. The whole thing depends on setting up expectations and knocking them down.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I mean it's an exploding barbed wire match, where is there to go from there

I mean yes, there is the Cage Of Death but there are places AEW probably won't go

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I Before E posted:

I mean it's an exploding barbed wire match, where is there to go from there

I mean yes, there is the Cage Of Death but there are places AEW probably won't go

Light tubes, razor boards, breezeblocks, no shortage of ways to go full Freedoms. Syringe spots.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
skewers or bust

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'd also accept Lego, or as such a match is known in the us, a Child's Building Blocks Deathmatch

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The Kennel from Hell with Pharaoh and all the other wrestlers' dogs

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

flatluigi posted:

you also don't really need spoilers to go 'mox needs paternity leave and this'd be a hell of a sendoff for him right now and a good excuse to take a while off

A quick google says Renee is due early/mid June. Uh... quite a bit early for Paternity Leave.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

When you’re a millionaire you can take all the paternity leave you want

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm guessing he's more taking time off to do New Japan Strong stuff.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

I'm guessing he's more taking time off to do New Japan Strong stuff.

It's also not the worst idea to just take him off TV to make it matter more when he returns.

I hate to cite the guy who said this, but "Goddamn, if you're never gone, how can I miss you?" applies here

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Paternity leave plus working the west coast show are perfect valid reasons to spend some time out of the spotlight and come back for revenge later.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Currently working myself into thinking the HOF-level signing is Tanahashi.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant wait for moxley to put his double gold (qew world and iwgp us) on the line against kota ibushi's double gold next month

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JOHN CENA posted:

cant wait for moxley to put his double gold (qew world and iwgp us) on the line against kota ibushi's double gold next month

Ibushi only has one championship. The AEW title isn't gold and Mox won't hold it so I guess it's fine.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i got your double gold right here

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

JOHN CENA posted:

The most important quad in wrestling since Triple H!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Strawberry Panda posted:

Christian is already in the Impact Hall of Fame, so can't be him.
I thought the same thing but looking it up, he's not.

I believe we're both thinking of the time back in 2012 where Christian (who was signed to WWE) went back to TNA and announced that Sting was going to be the inaugural member of the TNA Hall of Fame.

This was in exchange for TNA letting Flair appear at the WWF HOF for the Four Horsemen induction while he was still under TNA contract. That put "Christian" and "TNA" and "Hall of Fame" into everyone's memory.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Edge & Christian posted:

I thought the same thing but looking it up, he's not.

I believe we're both thinking of the time back in 2012 where Christian (who was signed to WWE) went back to TNA and announced that Sting was going to be the inaugural member of the TNA Hall of Fame.

This was in exchange for TNA letting Flair appear at the WWF HOF for the Four Horsemen induction while he was still under TNA contract. That put "Christian" and "TNA" and "Hall of Fame" into everyone's memory.

drat! Looking back, that's extremely funny that was over him inducting Sting and not going in himself.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
What's RVD up to these days?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mostly having sex with his girlfriend and their girlfriends.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
it's Dbry, he just lost to an Uso so he's not going to fast lane to face Roman Reigns

he won so it's not him, i could see it being Brock signing cheap short term deal just to piss off Vince so he can get even more money when the blood money pipeline opens up again

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Hirez posted:

it's Dbry, he just lost to an Uso so he's not going to fast lane to face Roman Reigns

Fake news

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I just realized it’s probably Cain Velasquez

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mauro?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

that's actually a good shout, with him joining for commentary for the new show(s).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/status/1368207273831653382

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Kurt teasing it makes me think it's less likely to be Kurt.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

maki isn't on sundays TJPW show and has tweeted this https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1368124829757403136

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Tony backed up the Brinks truck. Give a Maki Itoh-Britt Baker feud.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

What if she’s Britt’s replacement partner?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dacap posted:

I will cry

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1364249088254861317?s=20

They did seem aligned on Twitter during the tourney!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

ItohRespectArmy posted:

maki isn't on sundays TJPW show and has tweeted this https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1368124829757403136

This is Loss

Edit: also Angle is absolutely working like they did Raven w/ the Exalted One reveal

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Real talk this would be amazing, subtle story telling right here that many of fans missed.

Hey, I could see it. We shall see!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Kurt teasing it makes me think it's less likely to be Kurt.

He might be the surprise ladder entrant, as opposed to the other guy who is showing up for the signing.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

NutritiousSnack posted:

He might be the surprise ladder entrant, as opposed to the other guy who is showing up for the signing.

I seriously hope that an old rear end Kurt Angle isn't in a ladder match in 2021. I'd rather not see a fatality tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ladder match guy will be under 35, for sure.