Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
yeah i got them from pwinsider so dont blame me.

blame mike johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Just read a rumor that Neville asked for his release. Any insight?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fumaofthelake posted:

Just read a rumor that Neville asked for his release. Any insight?

There's details in the WWE Discussion thread but basically it looks like Neville was scheduled for a lumberjack match that he was gonna lose to Enzo on Monday and he walked out and they had to change the match to Kalisto instead. It seems like he's definitely very unhappy but there's no confirmation he asked for his release yet.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I guess it seems weird that the plan all along wasn't supposed to be Kalisto winning the title, because this seems like the natural thing to have done storytelling wise.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

spongeh posted:

I guess it seems weird that the plan all along wasn't supposed to be Kalisto winning the title, because this seems like the natural thing to have done storytelling wise.

I've seen it range from Neville was supposed to win, to oops, we had that rule where Neville can't have a title shot so I guess just have him lose, to Kalisto winning.

But with WWE booking you can never be sure if those are conflicting reports or just a sequence of decisions.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Stories are reporting that the plan was to have the title change at TLC instead of on Raw before Neville walked out

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I like to think most good WWE moments happen by accident. Good for Kallisto, winning before Vince could notice the change of plans.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Given WWE's history, I wouldn't be surprised if Neville was planned to lose, he left instead, so they had Kalisto win as a gesture of "See you would have totally won the belt if you showed up"

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I'm almost certain that's why Tozawa got a title win after they released Aries.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Good on Neville for not being fooled into following along as they kick the can down the road over and over again as I'm sure they would've done with the title in this scenario.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting the same speeches he saw Aries get and said gently caress this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think what got Kalisto the title win is the whole "if there's a substitution, the sub always wins" rule. Like how Sasha stepped in for Bayley at SummerSlam, won the belt and immediately dropped it back.

So, don't get too used to Kalisto as champ.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I also really don't understand the "this is a long con to make Enzo look bad" theory.

That's not how WWE teaches their "lessons." To me, this looks a whole lot like Vince wants Enzo to carry the division and they know how bad that looks to the locker room, so they're trying to walk this line where they can say "look how stupid he comes across" to try to save face while still getting what they want.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

VJeff posted:

I think what got Kalisto the title win is the whole "if there's a substitution, the sub always wins" rule. Like how Sasha stepped in for Bayley at SummerSlam, won the belt and immediately dropped it back.

If it were just that, it didn't have to be a title match. Alexa's Summerslam match had to be a title match because it was a major PPV. This was a random rear end match on Raw.

Edit: I do totally agree that Kalisto won't be winning at TLC, but they clearly did this title change as a gently caress you to Neville if these rumors of him walking out are true.

Vaguido fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 11, 2017

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

VJeff posted:

Worked for John Morrison!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Good on Neville for not being fooled into following along as they kick the can down the road over and over again as I'm sure they would've done with the title in this scenario.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting the same speeches he saw Aries get and said gently caress this.

same for CM Punk

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

What are some of the spoilers lately? does anyone know what the main event of wrestlemania will be? my guess is that finn balor will be involved, and maybe "Stone Cold". Let me know since i love to feel like I'm back-stage.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cavauro posted:

What are some of the spoilers lately? does anyone know what the main event of wrestlemania will be? my guess is that finn balor will be involved, and maybe "Stone Cold". Let me know since i love to feel like I'm back-stage.

conor mcgregor is going to face shane mcmahon in an mma match

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can just imagine them all back-stage talking about how dumb assed the fans are for thinking it's real. THe good guys and bad guys probably both have to work together on a storyline and the wrestling holds so that they both get paid at the end of the night even though neither of them is badly hurt

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Billzasilver posted:

I like to think most good WWE moments happen by accident. Good for Kallisto, winning before Vince could notice the change of plans.

I'd be shocked if the call didn't come from Vince.

DeathChicken posted:

Given WWE's history, I wouldn't be surprised if Neville was planned to lose, he left instead, so they had Kalisto win as a gesture of "See you would have totally won the belt if you showed up"

Sounds about right if not an outright way to mock him for leaving.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Cavauro posted:

The tentative card is:

Return of Vader
Sister Abigail vs She-Rhyno
3MB vs Shield with all the titles on the line
Multi-Diva tag match

Card subject to change.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I thought vader was about to die soon, but it sounds like I got fooled by the wrestling business, as usual!

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Cavauro posted:

I thought vader was about to die soon, but it sounds like I got fooled by the wrestling business, as usual!

No, he's fine now, it was just a mistake by an entire team of doctors who misinterpreted his lifetime of incredible abuse to his body as having shortened his heart's useful duration.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

VJeff posted:

Do Japanese people like Long Island? Let's try and make Zack Ryder: G1 contestant a reality here.

At what point does being a WWE jobber taint someone? Juice Robinson and Trent Baretta were both WWE jobbers, and they're far more successful than if they had stayed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

At what point does being a WWE jobber taint someone? Juice Robinson and Trent Baretta were both WWE jobbers, and they're far more successful than if they had stayed.

I think it depends on how prominent a jobber someone is. Juice and Trent were guys you'd be forgiven for not even knowing were on the WWE/NXT roster. And they basically totally reinvented themselves. Wheras Ryder and Ziggler have a history of being semi-featured TV characters and will probably do cheap knock--offs of their WWE gimmicks on the indies.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Gaz-L posted:

I think it depends on how prominent a jobber someone is. Juice and Trent were guys you'd be forgiven for not even knowing were on the WWE/NXT roster. And they basically totally reinvented themselves. Wheras Ryder and Ziggler have a history of being semi-featured TV characters and will probably do cheap knock--offs of their WWE gimmicks on the indies.

Ziggler I think wants to move into non-wrestling entertainment. He has been working with the Groundlings for several years and has been doing both standup and improv. I heard a couple of times that he was offered roles in things only to have the WWE tell him no (and to have John Cena do similar things around the same time). I have little doubt that at the end of this current contract he is out the door.

Ryder I think could do well outside of the WWE shackles. He has proven that he can get himself over without their help and is a sound enough wrestler. The Jersey Shore gimmick is probably a little dated but I am pretty sure he can figure something out if he were given the chance.

There are probably under a dozen guys in WWE that could leave and do well on the outside. That is why a lot of them just keep their heads down and collect the steady paycheck. Now the next couple of years the business is going to be very interesting. If NJPW major push in the US works out even a little coupled with WWE getting a lower TV deal you could see a lot of top talent look to other pastures.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ziggler dated Amy Schumer for a while, so I'm surprised to hear he's actually a fan of comedy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Aphrodite posted:

Ziggler dated Amy Schumer for a while, so I'm surprised to hear he's actually a fan of comedy.
He's getting John Cena's sloppy seconds.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Pretty sure if the rumors about that sex scene are to be believed Cena was getting Dolph's sloppy seconds, because Cena pulled a Tommy Wiseau and had sex with her.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jiro posted:

Pretty sure if the rumors about that sex scene are to be believed Cena was getting Dolph's sloppy seconds, because Cena pulled a Tommy Wiseau and had sex with her.

Yeah but she's Dolph's girlfriend so he's the cuck in this scenario

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Jiro posted:

work

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

well I’m relieved he didn’t shoot on her :v:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWELeaksDotOrg/status/921169437385826304

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Why isn't Asuka a -2000?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jubs posted:

Why isn't Asuka a -2000?

WWE. Can't ever rule out a countout or DQ By rear end-Kicking loss to get the whole "who ends the streak" thing done ASAP and not have to worry about it next year

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"You know what would be a great idea? Asuka makes her big hyped debut, loses to Emma, then Emma makes fun of her and she'll totally be sympathetic for being a giant loser."

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
asuka wins via rollup and then emma + dana beat her up for 5 minutes postmatch

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jubs posted:

Why isn't Asuka a -2000?

Asuka wasn't a -2000 because the betting lines were JUST released at the time. As of this morning, she's now -1500 instead of -750. Also smart money doesn't come in until Saturday/Sunday.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Here's a question: Do we even know how the TLC match is going to work? Normally it's standard ladder rules, where you climb a ladder to get the poo poo at the top, right? But they haven't established that the tag titles or IC title would be on the line. Is it going to be pinfall/submission, or are they going to have a big plastic shield at the top?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

When the Shield debuted it was pinfall. So..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

So the Shield is going to bury every cool and good person on the roster in one match?