Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

KungFu Grip posted:

Banks and Sasha shuffled into women's battle royal. Braun into men's battle royal

Sasha vs Banks is gonna be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

KungFu Grip posted:

Banks and Sasha shuffled into women's battle royal. Braun into men's battle royal

Yeah, I think its nuts to think Banks and Bayley will get a solo one on one match at WM as much as it would probably be the best built women's match. They'll either get put into Bliss' title defense, in the rumored Battle Royal, or just left off the show.

IC, US, RAW Tag, SD Tag, CW, and maybe even Bliss' title will be on the bubble of being on the main show or the preshow. Battle Royals who knows?

God that whole thing sounds like a drag with not a lot interesting. Like, no matter how good AJ/Nakamura will probably be or Miz/Rollins/Balor or the CW or Asuka/Charlotte could be I just can't bring myself to waste a quarter of a day on so much drag. Not unless WWE builds me up.

And I'm still sore that the New Day/Usos build the other week got ruined by the Hammer Idiots.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Gaz-L posted:

AJ and Shinsuke could go into G1 mode and have an 18 minute barnburner.

I actually wouldn't mind this either.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

SalTheBard posted:

I actually wouldn't mind this either.

This would be good.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I’m still hearing that Cena won’t compete at Wrestlemania. I imagine that Undertaker ghosting him might somehow factor into his Wrestlemania return next year

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

I’m still hearing that Cena won’t compete at Wrestlemania. I imagine that Undertaker ghosting him might somehow factor into his Wrestlemania return next year

No way. You don’t constantly tease a match like this and gaurantee HUGE disappointment at this year’s WM just to set up a story line that pays off a year from now. That’d be as dumb as spending months hinting at a Daniel Bryan match when you clearly have no intention of ever putting him in the ring...

...oh gently caress.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Tomahawk posted:

Good. Cena just being a drunk rowdy smarky fan sounds WAAAAAYYY more entertaining.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Cena will be too worried about the Blockers box office receipts to wrestle.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jiro posted:

Good. Cena just being a drunk rowdy smarky fan sounds WAAAAAYYY more entertaining.

Cena steals Xavier's trombone and plays his own theme on it throughout the night.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tomahawk posted:

Who are you hearing this from?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Who are you hearing this from?

The voices in his head.

By gawd, Tomahawk is Randy Orton!

*Gets RKO'd*

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Cena goes to WM as a fan, smuggles in beach ball, becomes biggest baby face in the building.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Cena vs Mark Calaway in an Ironman Parking Lot Beer Pong Match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those interested, here are Kambi's odds for Wrestlemania 34 (and who is walking out as champion if its a championship match). Note: These are very early odds and as a result are very likely to change. I listed the odds from most favorable to least favorable.

RAW Women's Champion:

Nia Jax: -500
Alexa Bliss: +300

Smackdown Women's Champion*:

Asuka: -300
*Carmella (If she cashes in): -150
Charlotte: +400

WWE Championship:

Shinsuke Nakamura: -250
AJ Styles: +175

WWE Universal Championship:

Roman Reigns: -800
Brock Lesnar: +250

Intercontinental Championship:

Finn Balor: -117
Seth Rollins: +110
The Miz: +325

US Championship (assuming this is the planned matchup):

Jinder Mahal: -117
Randy Orton: EVS
Bobby Roode: +375

There are no markets listed for anything else yet.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jinder :swoon:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Jinder is a much more interesting champ than 60-year old Randy Orton and Face Bobby Roode

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Jinder is actually much more tolerable as a US Title Level heel than a World Champ level heel.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah I'm wary about the Jinder Mahal odds. They are a bit too close to Orton to make an actual judgment call. If Orton drifts then yeah I can see Jinder winning. Same goes for Finn, although I'm a bit more confident in him. Seth also seems somewhat likely. I think Carmella will probably drift if she doesn't find a way to get the crowd to love/hate her before Wrestlemania. While I wouldn't rule out WWE having her beat Asuka for the title (through cash in), I don't think they'll pull the trigger on it if she is still languishing like she is right now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Low Desert Punk posted:

Jinder is a much more interesting champ than 60-year old Randy Orton

People said this exact thing the last time Jinder beat Orton to win a belt

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Benne posted:

Ya, and they were right

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it

Really it should be Face Rusev winning the US title but WWE doesn't want to turn him for some weird reason (It's cause he got over when they didn't want him too)

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it

is this a burn on a jinder title run or a randy title run, or both

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean Jinder more than Randy but it applies to both given Randy is clearly in zero effort mode

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean Jinder more than Randy but it applies to both given Randy is clearly in zero effort mode
I wish we just got this Orton all the time
https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/975067412604256256

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Youtube video with audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJWw7BN33M8&t=324s

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jinder sucks and should be exclusively on Main Event, even if the alternative is more loving Orton

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Orton's body doesn't physically repulse me, so I'll take him over Jinder.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If I were to build a WWE SuperstarTM from the ground up, it would look like Randy Orton.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The story was all over the place, but match quality wise the Bryan/Orton series was very good.

Know that's faint praise, "___ had good matches with Bryan" :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

"You did this" is still my favorite part of the whole thing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

If I were to build a WWE SuperstarTM from the ground up, it would look like Randy Orton.

I'll have you know that I've built several in the 2K games and most of them look like Kongo Kong.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

That's the killer. Orton can be good. He just gives no fucks, which is hilarious in a dude who's 37.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Liquid Communism posted:

That's the killer. Orton can be good. He just gives no fucks, which is hilarious in a dude who's 37.

I actually prefer Orton in no fucks mode.

To me, Orton always needed a Bobby Heenan.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For anyone who is remotely curious (probably very few people), apparently you can bet on the Mixed Match Challenge results.

Here are the lines for the first semi-final match:

Asuka/Miz: -1000
Braun/Alexa: +475

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I haven't been watching the MMC, is there a one save rule in intergender tag team matches?

If there is, I have no idea how they neutralize Braun from breaking up Asuka's pin or submission on Alexa.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I haven't been watching the MMC, is there a one save rule in intergender tag team matches?

If there is, I have no idea how they neutralize Braun from breaking up Asuka's pin or submission on Alexa.

There hasn't been anything like that, that I can recall

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

???? easily??? Miz suicides into braun

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SalTheBard posted:

There hasn't been anything like that, that I can recall

I think I remember tongue-in-cheek complaining about a female competitor breaking up a pin to stop her team from losing because intergender violence is supposed to be disallowed

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The women have frequently broken up pins by the men, but not the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Yeah, there've been a few spots of the women hitting the men but the reverse isn't allowed. I think last(?) week's was a goofy spot of Charlotte chopping Rusev over and over while Bobby snuck up on him.