Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Sub Rosa posted:

I don't think they have to be the champ at end of broadcast so long as the cash in is a separate match. Like if Nia wins the title and then loses it immediately in an impromptu cash-in match, at the end of the broadcast she would still be considered the winner of Nia vs Alexa.

The guy who runs WWELeaks says that end of broadcast means they are the champion still, otherwise bettors lose by default. So if Asuka wins the match but then loses to Carmella who cashes in, then the bettors lose that bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Bigass Moth posted:

PWG finally did the right thing and got a fat champion.

Steen, Hero and Super Dragon have all held that title.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Germansimp posted:

Steen, Hero and Super Dragon have all held that title.

300 pounds is my acceptable lower limit for truly fat. Those shrimps don’t come close.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Bigass Moth posted:

300 pounds is my acceptable lower limit for truly fat. Those shrimps don’t come close.

DO NOT DISRESPECT FAT CHRIS HERO

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
FOXTROT
INDIA
ECHO
LIMA
DELTA

FIELD

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

The guy who runs WWELeaks says that end of broadcast means they are the champion still, otherwise bettors lose by default. So if Asuka wins the match but then loses to Carmella who cashes in, then the bettors lose that bet.

The guy who runs WWELeaks is a loving moron then, because if Nia wins by DQ she doesn't leave as champ.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The guy who runs WWELeaks is a loving moron then, because if Nia wins by DQ she doesn't leave as champ.

Nia's winning by pin

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Doesn't the "end of broadcast" rule just cover for dusty finishes and have absolutely nothing to do with titles? That's how I've always interpreted it because that actually makes sense.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Here are a list of updates for betting odds for the battle royals (both of them), Asuka vs Charlotte, and Nakamura vs AJ, from Paddy Power.

Women's Battle Royal:

Ember has had her odds of winning increased from +1700 to +1400. Still not great, but still interesting nonetheless. Otherwise everything else remains the same.

Men's Battle Royal:

Samoa Joe and Big Cass have had their odds decrease from +400 to +450. Meanwhile Rusev has had his odds increase from +400 to +300. And...Bill Goldberg had his odds halved as well from +2000 to +1000. :psyduck:

AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura:

Nakamura: -175
AJ Styles: +125

So AJ is now even more of an underdog, but still not by much.

Charlotte Flair vs Asuka:

Asuka: -275
Charlotte: +187.50

Charlotte has drifted even further out. That being said, some sites are starting to take prop bets on Carmella cashing in and succeeding in that match (or afterwards), and she's starting to drift as well. She was a -150 favorite on a few sites, but that's been changed to +275 on one or two of them. Asuka and Charlotte are somewhat close still, and while there are still two weeks until Wrestlemania, I'm thinking what may end up happening is Carmella cashes in mid-match and eats the pin or submission from Charlotte or Asuka, in order to protect the other worker. I assume if Carmella submits or is pinned by Charlotte, WWE will just shift Asuka's momentum to "has never been pinned or submitted".

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 25, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Doesn't the "end of broadcast" rule just cover for dusty finishes and have absolutely nothing to do with titles? That's how I've always interpreted it because that actually makes sense.

That's how it works for real sports, it's used in case a fight might be changed to a No Contest due to a drug failure or if a commission rules an obvious rule infraction should be a DQ (hahaha just kidding on that one.)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

LU Ultima Lucha 4

Matanza lost a sacrifice match to Johnny Mundo and disappeared. If LU returns for a season 5, it won't be with Cobb, whose contract is up after season 4 finishes airing

Night one, Jack Strong (Jack Swagger) won Gift of the Gods

Night two, Pentagon Dark beat Marty the Moth to regain the LU title. Post-match Vampiro attacked Pentagon, with the help of Vampiro's master, AAA wrestler Australian Suicide. Jack Strong came out after, cashed in, and won the LU title to close season 4

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
lol

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jack Swagger, LU Champion is a fitting way for this show to end

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jack Strong is a terrible name

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I for one am ready for Jeff Cobb, IWGP US Heavyweight Champion.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

I for one am ready for Jeff Cobb, WWE US Heavyweight Champion.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

I for one am ready for Jeff Cobb, WWE NXT North American Heavyweight Champion.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those curious, here are a few betting market updates for Wrestlemania, courtesy of 5dimes.

WWE Title:

Shinsuke Nakamura is at -350
AJ Styles is at +250

That's the furthest apart they've been since the odds were posted.

The Field in the US title match is now -900, probably because of Rusev.

RAW Women's Championship:

Nia Jax is at -245
Alexa Bliss is at +175

This is a market that has been tightening because of the possibility of Carmella cashing in on whoever wins (WWE has stopped mentioning the briefcase is exclusive to SD, along with Road Dogg deleting his tweets saying it was brand exclusive, apparently), or Alexa outright retaining (because its WWE).

Smackdown Women's Championship:

Asuka is at -675
Charlotte is at +425

Asuka's odds continue to improve. Not much else to say here.

Other markets haven't been posted yet or haven't made significant movement in either direction.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Negative numbers are the favorites in this system right?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

projecthalaxy posted:

Negative numbers are the favorites in this system right?

Yeah, negative numbers are the favorite. For example, -650 means that $650 would get you a $100 profit if you win (for $750 total), while a +650 means that a $100 bet would net you a $650 profit if you win (again, for $750 total).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Teddybear posted:

Yeah, negative numbers are the favorite. For example, -650 means that $650 would get you a $100 profit if you win (for $750 total), while a +650 means that a $100 bet would net you a $650 profit if you win (again, for $750 total).

Thanks. They are really sure Asuka and Nak are getting the big wrestlemania moment. Both SD singles champs being Japanese would be interesting. They've never really interacted before in WWE have they?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

Thanks. They are really sure Asuka and Nak are getting the big wrestlemania moment. Both SD singles champs being Japanese would be interesting. They've never really interacted before in WWE have they?

They have not, as far as I know. And we are still 1.5 weeks away from Wrestlemania, so the smart/insider money probably hasn't come in yet. I do think people are bullish on both because of several factors. Asuka's undefeated streak is her primary factor, and in the case of Nakamura, its because he's being advertised for the Japan tour in May/June. Although I imagine Asuka will be tagging along as well, and Kairi has expressed interest in wanting to be a part of it, although I'm not sure if she'll end up going. There are also rumors of AJ and Charlotte moving to RAW during the Superstar Shakeup/Draft.

The gap b/w Nak and AJ is pretty narrow, and while Asuka is a favorite to win the match, I'd be wary still because of Carmella. It would be peak WWE to feed the undefeated streak to Carmella to try and get her heat, although it probably wouldn't last very long and would only damage Asuka, not to mention Carmella has pretty much nothing really desirable about her, character/in ring wise. Her sole source of heat was James Ellsworth and without him, she is pretty much dead in the water. And she had the same problem in NXT as well, so its not just a main roster creative issue either.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 29, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah the important thing about betting numbers is that they usually don't approach anything near accurate until directly before the event really

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's really no storyline reason for AJ to retain, and you know WWE wants to get those "FIRST-EVER JAPANESE WORLD CHAMPION!!! shut up Antonio Inoki's win doesn't count it never happened" headlines. I'll be shocked if Nak doesn't win.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I feel like allowing Carmella to switch brands and cash in on Alexa/Nia is possible if the rumour is true that they want Asuka’s streak to run until next Mania for Ronda.

I feel like they wouldn’t have the first Women’s MITB fail after the criticism of how it was won and with the men’s MITB being a failed cash in this year. But who knows, WWE gonna WWE.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Benne posted:

There's really no storyline reason for AJ to retain, and you know WWE wants to get those "FIRST-EVER JAPANESE WORLD CHAMPION!!! shut up Antonio Inoki's win doesn't count it never happened" headlines. I'll be shocked if Nak doesn't win.

Well, and Masato Tanaka, and Takeshi Morishima

Before anyone says it, they totally loving count, although I'm sure WWE will not care and say it anyways

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dacap posted:

I feel like allowing Carmella to switch brands and cash in on Alexa/Nia is possible if the rumour is true that they want Asuka’s streak to run until next Mania for Ronda.

I feel like they wouldn’t have the first Women’s MITB fail after the criticism of how it was won and with the men’s MITB being a failed cash in this year. But who knows, WWE gonna WWE.

Yeah, I think the problem with this situation though is that Carmella is pretty much heatless. While feeding her Asuka's streak would probably restore some heat, would it really be worth flushing a 2.5 year undefeated streak down the drain, considering Carmella has a problem keeping any sort of heat at all these days? The only reasons I think its possible is because Carmella has failed to cash in several times now, and some sites like r/squaredcircle seem to have a serious hard on for wanting Carmella to end the streak because HEAT, and it would "make Asuka more interesting because now she wouldn't win every match she was in!".

But yeah, I'm more open to Carmella switching brands and cashing in on Nia or Alexa (probably Nia). The RAW Women's Championship is pretty much the bigger joke of the two right now anyways.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Dacap posted:

I honestly think this too. Nia doesn’t feel like long championship run material, or if Alexa ends up retaining by cheating Nia kicking the crap out of her on a Raw in ring interview/promo and Carmella cashing in makes a lot of sense.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dacap posted:

I don't even think in 1 year Ronda is going to be able to "wrestle" Asuka.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I can't even imagine juggling two undefeated streaks into a whole new year.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Well, and Masato Tanaka, and Takeshi Morishima

Before anyone says it, they totally loving count, although I'm sure WWE will not care and say it anyways

Tanaka is an interesting one because WWE should acknowledge the ECW title, and do with regards to guys like RVD, Dreamer and Rhyno on occasion.

Although technically they should acknowledge that Nakamura already has been a world champion (they claim the NXT title is a world title, plus Nak was IWGP champ and they have noted AJ and Brock holding that in the past)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Tanaka is an interesting one because WWE should acknowledge the ECW title, and do with regards to guys like RVD, Dreamer and Rhyno on occasion.

Although technically they should acknowledge that Nakamura already has been a world champion (they claim the NXT title is a world title, plus Nak was IWGP champ and they have noted AJ and Brock holding that in the past)

They have said he's a champion across the world.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well I should probably clarify, when I said "world champion" I meant "top WWE title" and ECW/NXT definitely don't qualify. Right now the Smackdown belt holds the lineage of Bruno/Hogan/HBK/Austin/Rock/Cena/Jinder (wut), and outside of the weird Inoki situation there's never been a Japanese guy to hold that belt. Combine that with their recent FIRST TIME EVER fetish, and Nak winning seems like a lock.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Benne posted:

Well I should probably clarify, when I said "world champion" I meant "top WWE title" and ECW/NXT definitely don't qualify. Right now the Smackdown belt holds the lineage of Bruno/Hogan/HBK/Austin/Rock/Cena/Jinder (wut), and outside of the weird Inoki situation there's never been a Japanese guy to hold that belt. Combine that with their recent FIRST TIME EVER fetish, and Nak winning seems like a lock.

To be fair, the ECW title was synonymous with the top WWE title for like a month in 2006.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Heavy Metal posted:

To be fair, the ECW title was synonymous with the top WWE title for like a month in 2006.

Technically no. The way they handled it after RVD's arrest was basically that Rob was BOTH the ECW and the WWE champion, but the two titles were not merged.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gaz-L posted:

Technically no. The way they handled it after RVD's arrest was basically that Rob was BOTH the ECW and the WWE champion, but the two titles were not merged.

True they weren't unified, but it was tied for the top title at that moment you could say. They both came from a guy who was the champ from beating Cena in a match for the WWE spinner. Naturally that did not last long before it went down in value.

And since we count Smackdown champs, we don't just mean the #1 guy. But at that moment, the #1 guy was the ECW champ kinda. All that said, I think Nakamura will be a great champ, and they can say he's a five time WCW champ on commentary it's all good.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 29, 2018

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Is there any truth to the rumor going around that Rock is “99%” going to wrestle — not just appear — at Mania?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Zero truth to that rumor. It's 94%

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

bloodysabbath posted:

Is there any truth to the rumor going around that Rock is “99%” going to wrestle — not just appear — at Mania?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Benne posted:

Yokozuna if you're in kayfabe or just racist