Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Bucks, Cody and Page talk to fans about their future, tease All In 2, and say if ROH comes back to Vegas, there'd better be no empty seats

buzz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah it looked like there was maybe 1100 people for tv, slightly less than the ppv. orleans was an interesting challenge but i dont think vegas was the right market for them, or at least this wasnt the right size venue yet. orleans seats about 8k.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Honor Club exclusive:
Nick Aldis defeats Christopher Daniels

Golly.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm at Raw and I see some people with Jericho signs. There any rumors floating around?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TTBF posted:

I'm at Raw and I see some people with Jericho signs. There any rumors floating around?

At this point you might as well just take a wild guess that Jericho could show up out of nowhere at any given event

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Former WWE and WWE World Champion Rey Mysterio is currently slated to return to WWE at the Smackdown 1000 broadcast from Washington, DC, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Obviously makes sense.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The arena website for Smackdown 1000 is now advertising two main events for the show.

- AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan vs Samoa Joe and The Miz
- Becky Lynch and The IIconics vs Charlotte Flair, Asuka, and Naomi.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That kinda says to me that Bryan ain't winning at Super Showdown, but I guess he could win and Joe could also win. :v:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

That kinda says to me that Bryan ain't winning at Super Showdown, but I guess he could win and Joe could also win. :v:

Those are dark matches.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Those are dark matches.

Dunno. I can see the women's match being aired. Because WWE loves their 6 woman tag matches. And Becky and the IIconics are likely winning at Super Showdown. I imagine if that's the case, WWE will be having the babyfaces win on Smackdown 1000.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anything advertised by the venue for a TV taping is always a dark match. They don't get the cards ahead of time.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Anything advertised by the venue for a TV taping is always a dark match. They don't get the cards ahead of time.

While I wouldn't be shocked if you are correct about this situation, the venues do sometimes get some of the matches in advance. The website was just updated this morning. And the Smoothie King website was advertising Charlotte Flair vs Carmella (for the title) on the Smackdown after Wrestlemania 34 as well, and it was updated a day before Wrestlemania with that announcement.

You also have to factor in that WWE never has two dark matches in a row. And they are going to want to fit as much as possible onto the SD 1000 show, which is still only two hours, I think. Them doing a six woman tag match that falls after Super Showdown isn't exactly unexpected and makes sense from a booking perspective, since all of the Smackdown women at Super Showdown are involved in said tag match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Correct

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They frequently advertise 2 dark matches for Smackdown actually.

They used to do one before and after, I assume that's changed with 205 Live taping.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

They frequently advertise 2 dark matches for Smackdown actually.

They used to do one before and after, I assume that's changed with 205 Live taping.

They even did the rare one where both were big matches in that format earlier this year when it came to MA. I was there, Carmella retained over Becky before the show started, Styles/Nak went to no contest after the show ended

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For Montreal they advertised Bryan/Nakamura, and some kind of multi-woman match for the title. But then they were running Becky/Charlotte/Asuka vs. Carmella/IIconics on TV, so that second match didn't happen.

Rusev Day vs. The Usos ended up being the opening dark match instead.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Teddy Long, Vickie Guerrero, Undertaker, Michelle McCool, and Torrie Wilson are also being advertised for the show

https://wrestlinginc.com/news/2018/10/former-wwe-stars-and-a-new-double-main-event-advertised-for-646344/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
People who have watched the next few weeks of NXT TV in NXT are raving about Nikki Cross's performances. An absolute star.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm bored so have late night betting odds on SSD, courtesy of 5dimes.

Apparently the one line that has some chatter surrounding it is the Ronda/Bellas vs Riott Squad betting lines. The Riott Squad have been improving all day, probably because of the Nikki vs Ronda at Evolution rumors. People figure that angle is going to get started at SSD.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

rovert posted:

Former WWE and WWE World Champion Rey Mysterio is currently slated to return to WWE at the Smackdown 1000 broadcast from Washington, DC, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

Obviously makes sense.

For him to eat a Batista Bomb obviously. And for fifty something year old Dave to tear a quad for old times sake.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting the following names will be at WWE Evolution:

quote:

Bianca Belair

Io Shirai

Jessamyn Duke

Candice LaRae

Dakota Kai

Marina Shafir

I would guess that Jessamyn and Marina are either there to start the 4HW vs 4HW feud or screw Kairi out of the title. ESPECIALLY since Vince is running the show.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
All of the horsewomen turn on Rhonda, theres no reason for Shayna to stay in NXT

edit: and Dakota Kai takes Ronda's spot as a horsewoman

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
4HW are doing something at Survivor Series

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

4HW are doing something at Survivor Series

UFC or WWE 4HW?

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Jiro posted:

For him to eat a Batista Bomb obviously. And for fifty something year old Dave to tear a quad for old times sake.

I'm actually expecting Evolution to turn on Batista, and Rey to run out for the save.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I'm actually expecting Evolution to turn on Batista, and Rey to run out for the save.

Then Dave will hurl him through a barricade for old time's sake.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Cabbit posted:

Then Dave will hurl him through a barricade for old time's sake.

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw stuff

Kurt and Lita are backstage

HHH and Shawn are advertised to appear

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Nah, Rey''ll have a match celebrating his return. He'll be squashed by The Great Khali.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Horsewomen vs Total Divas is something i see them doing more than WWE horsewomen

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I wanna see a Batista/Rey match. Big Dave said a house show match they had was his favorite.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
More names announced for Evolution, per PWInsider:

quote:

Add Lacey Evans, Mia Yim, Rhea Ripley and Kacy Catanzo to the list of WWE NXT talents who will be at the 10/28 WWE Evolution PPV in Long Island, NY. There is no word yet on what their role, if any, will be at the show. As we reported yesterday, Bianca Belair, Io Shirai, Jessamyn Duke, Candice LaRae, Dakota Kai and Marina Shafir are also slated to be at the PPV. With so many NXT talents scheduled, I have to wonder if they are doing a Battle Royal on the undercard of the show.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That's kind of expected though, isn't it because of the number of wrestlers they promised would be on the show, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like there's been a LOT of "we're making progress" women's Battle Royals the last year to the point where a 2nd Women's Royal Rumble feels kind of like "another TLC/Hell In a Cell/Ultimate X/Whatever."

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Battle Royal winners have been cursed this year. Asuka has been on a downward spiral since WM, Nakamura is stuck in the midcard and doesn't even appear on TV some weeks, Matt Hardy is possibly retired, and Naomi has barely done anything.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Mike Kanellis is a part of 205 Live now. He jumped Lince Dorado and celebrated with Maria afterwards.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fatherofmustard posted:

Battle Royal winners have been cursed this year. Asuka has been on a downward spiral since WM, Nakamura is stuck in the midcard and doesn't even appear on TV some weeks, Matt Hardy is possibly retired, and Naomi has barely done anything.

I guess Nakamura didn't break the curse of #14 after all. :sigh:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Mike Kanellis is a part of 205 Live now. He jumped Lince Dorado and celebrated with Maria afterwards.

Congratulations on Mike for dropping 10lbs

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

KungFu Grip posted:

Congratulations on Mike for dropping 10lbs

Oh no he dropped the baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED