Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ryback just needs GFW/TNA to start overpaying for ex WWE guys again and he'll be on easy street and getting belts again!

Him going to New Japan seems like a pipe dream cause they can pay Chase Owens less to fill the roll he'd end up getting on the card and he's nowhere near talented enough to hang with the Upper Card Foreigners. Maybe he could get tossed out by Scot Norton in the New Japan Rumble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

If they channel Sting/Vader or Awesome Kong/Gail Kim then that might be interesting, but I have zero faith the match won't fall the hell apart.

And who the gently caress are we supposed to cheer for anyway? How did WWE get so hot and bothered for a heel vs. heel program between an average-at-best worker and an actively terrible one?

Nia has yet to show any real qualities as a proper monster beyond hurting people and while Alexa has improved greatly I don't think she can carry her. Add in the fact the booking seems to want Alexa to be the face and welp, you got all the makings of a train wreck of a match.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Agreed completely

Imagine if Finn lost. Like, we definitely can't count out that this won't torpedo only Bray's career

Not like they aren't already upset with the Bullet Club already so yes, this probably will happen

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Honestly they should just move Braun over to Smackdown and have him squash Jinder in like 30 seconds

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not sure Ryder or Dolph would be much of a draw for the big indies either

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm sure the writers were all busy writing the Bray segment to actual plot out the rules of just a mere match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kane gonna be the one to beat Jinder at next years Mania

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Honestly you want Cena breaking WWE's version of Flair's record at Mania just cause it'd make the most money and the best moment. It's just you 100% don't want him beating Jinder cause Jinder

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

VJeff posted:

Heh look at this chump who thinks Naito isn't attacking Jericho on Monday and declaring for the Rumble. :smug:

Even if this were to happen Naito would get tossed from the Rumble the minute Roman hit the ring

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Him winning the Universal title and slowly destroying it would also be the proper fate for that belt

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Reminder that as part of Justin's report he said Dolph would be able to get many 5 star matches with Okada!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

People said this exact thing the last time Jinder beat Orton to win a belt

Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it

Really it should be Face Rusev winning the US title but WWE doesn't want to turn him for some weird reason (It's cause he got over when they didn't want him too)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean Jinder more than Randy but it applies to both given Randy is clearly in zero effort mode

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

But they already have a perfectly serviceable mid card title on Smackdown and Bryan vs AJ/Nakamura would probably keep fans quiet for awhile

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Theys hould 100% put it on Rusev and turn him on the post mania Smackdown but if they don't it's a clear sign they don't want him over as Face

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

To quote the Talking Heads, Same as it ever was

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/1029158145967501312

Link to script retweeted by Meltzer so it's probably legit

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Script is 100% accurate so far lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

This is the WWE. Of course, they won't do any of that. When has WWE drawn from anything, of length, outside of its history to promote a wrestler or feud?

Very much looking forward to Kenny Omega teaming up with AJ Styles if he ever signs....

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

On the WOR radio Dave was saying Shane winning is to lead to a heel turn and be the big angle for the Fox debut which is :lol:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I really hope Finn was one of the guys New Japan offered big money too and he takes it. Just riding Fale to the ring would be a huge improvement to his current booking

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Maybe she also hits his weird "Could this fake wrestler beat someone up IRL" button

Only works so far with Vince since he nixed an Aja Kong vs Alundra Blyze program cause Kong legit scared him

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Never underestimate the ability for the WWE to take all the heat out of a feud

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

Why is he dressed like that

Juice in ROH is the US Angry Kirby cover compared to his New Japan look

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You don't need to place all the titles on the B shows, you can have some of the matches leading to title matches on other shows down the road. That's something WWE could really learn to avoid the main roster shows feeling like slogs

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean the WWE hall of fame has had issues since it's started back up in 2004 so expecting it to be like the WOR hall is foolish

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I used to think Dave got a bit carried away on Twitter till I saw like the replies he gets super defending WWE and trashing the ratings and it's like go ahead and reply that way. Fans of the Big Trump fundraiser on twitter deserve it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

So what kind of throwaway garbage are they gonna toss in the middle of the show when everyone else is watching GOT

Given the reaction to GOT final season I wonder which show is going to end up worse tonight and wonder if you can put money on it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cena winning the Title to break (the WWE's) record for most world titles with no build is so stupid I 100% expect the WWE to do it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

rovert posted:

Really can't see a scenario where WWE doesn't play into AEW's hands.

Yup when really they need to more care about ratings on Fox. Building up Cena's record would be a great way to get a good first sweeps rating and build ratings up to that point but I 100% expect the WWE to WWE it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Need to bring back the Wall so Corbin can get one over WCW

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave breaking down the PPV on the Friday night WOR was pretty savage on ROH saying they could of been AEW if they just wanted to spend money and while that may be a bit too simple it does say a lot that ROH never tried to get better TV exposure during it's growth periods under Sinclair when they could easily have afforded it

Also Sinclair is as Evil as WWE just in different ways

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Even if you give NXT a pass cause Vince is crazy you just need to look at the actual amount of home grown talent at a top level to see that NXT and the performance centre is over rated at making talent. Dreak and Rusev are probably the best home grown men and neither are really world class. Compare that say New Japan where you have Umino, Narita, Tsuji, Conners and Fredricks all looking like amazing talent in the future

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This mania needs to justify the new PPV deal they are trying to make with another company so they 100% need big matches that can draw and they need multiple.

Also the Fiend was dead as a draw the minute they had him wrestle under red light and nothing can recover from that.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cena had nothing to do with last years Hell in a cell with the Red Light that was probably all Bray

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Guess we're gonna find out if the WWE can wrest away the scummiest promo award from it's Corona Virus handling

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

God if they go full Inokism I'll laugh

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

I struggle to think of anything much worse than a blindfold match. Sure, it makes sense within the context of the story but wrestlers can't wrestler when they can't see, making it a dumb story to tell.

Scaffold match as while a Blindfold match is boring scaffold is boring as nobody wants to take major bumps and also extremely dangerous as well

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna be the most fitting modern WWE thing ever if Orton ends up breaking WWE's version of Flair's record

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

When it's down right it can be a huge boost to the product - See Tyson/Austin and Mr.T at Mania 1

WWE will not be able to do it right