Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sticky Nate posted:

Sexy Star becomes Lucha Underground Champion during Aztec Warfare 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Those lines seem pretty tight, no smart money for this show?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bury 205 Live and bring back NXT Kids

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

i think the guy who did nxt kidz is the head writer for nxt now

Yikes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MotU posted:

2 1/2Stardust

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Fat wrestlers are good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hell I'm happy with two of those. Hope it's not the lazy TNA washout Samoa Joe.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
people go to Wrestlemania for the spectacle, do you really think they're going to start booing because a match between Goldberg and Brock Lesnar doesn't have Okada/Omega levels of Workrate two minutes in

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
furthermore does anyone even understand why the WMXX match was booed in the first place

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
UFC 200 was a work, Mark Hunt will debut soon and Vince will push him to the moon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Santino once finished #2. They can book the runner up of the Rumble however they want.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Wrestlemania XX says hi.

Both of them were leaving the company, which is why people started booing, and then they proceeded to not give a poo poo because they were mad about the fans. It was not because of "Not Enough Stars".

People have been predicting disaster and making GBS threads on the Brock/Goldberg program for week after week, even after it's repeatedly been the most consistently well booked program WWE has had for months.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Literally the first chant was "you sold out" and both wrestlers were visibly pissed. They would hardly be the first wrestlers ever to not give a poo poo when getting a bad crowd response.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
historically nobody who lost to goldberg ever really got hurt by it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
assuming that should be -6000 for American Alpha

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
he should wear the old Buddy Rose "I Worked Hard For This Body" shirt

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
BRAAAAAAAAAUN

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also those low odds on Charlotte usually mean a gently caress finish, so I think Bayley retains in an interference DQ

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
has BRAUN ever not been a heavy favorite, everyone seemed to know that the plan was Braun/Lesnar at SummerSlam which would make him losing moronic

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The second Brock retires forever will improve the product exponentially. Brock booking is worse than the worst Roman booking.

It turns out that 50/50 booking is actually insanely good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't think of anyone in WWE booked better than Brock since at least the start of the Goldberg feud. The only real candidate is Braun.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 1, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
like Dave said, it's not like there's a Daniel Bryan in the roster getting massive reactions and not getting pushed. Both Seth and Finn clearly are getting pushed but they aren't setting the crowd on fire. Ditto Joe and Sami.

Dave had a funny comment about the last PPV, where the fan reactions leaving the arena were pretty much evenly split between "Holy poo poo that Bray/Orton match sucked" and "holy poo poo that Roman/Braun match was awesome"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
for the ratings drops talk btw, dave metnioned that investors seem very confident in a significant boost in the TV deal fees because live sports programming is becoming more and more valuable, even despite WWE's downward trend, though he did mention that ESPN's cutbacks are likely to hurt both them and UFC, since it takes a big potential bidder out of the game. Mentioned that he expected a smaller boost in the rights fees than investors were expecting, but nothing about it going down.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
dave mentioned Fox Sports 1 as a possibility because they want more programming and have jack poo poo on Monday and Tuesday nights but IDK how serious that is

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there's also something to be said for WWE doing what it does well, and as it turns out, having a big babyface wrestler face a giant monster heel in the main event gets big reactions. It's something the company likes going back to because it has historically worked. It's hilarious that it's been so many decades and that poo poo still gets big reactions. I guess it helps that Braun right now is at least as good of a big monster heel as Yokozuna, he's sure as hell better than mid-80s Immobile Andre.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the thing is that USA basically has nothing else, the days of them having lots of hit comedy-dramas are over and even a declining WWE is still probably their best performing show. it'd be the same deal with FS1, getting WWE on monday and tuesday nights would kill anything they have there currently except for MLB playoffs.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Djarum posted:

It is but that was when WWE was still a ratings winner along with USA having no programing. USA still doesn't have much but once the WWE hit sub 2 million they are going to have a hard time wanting to reinvest in it when they could use the same money to invest in new programing that will do nearly as well for much less.

what new programming? non-live TV is falling off far more than live television, especially among the markets USA is looking for. USA could try to go after other sports, but TBS kind of ate their lunch on that one.

someone posted it earlier, but Brandon Howard, despite being one of the driest, most boring writers in the universe is probably the best WWE TV numbers guy, and he's consistently pointed out that other measures of popularity, like merch sales and live event sales have at least stayed stable, suggesting that the drop-off in ratings is most likely due to wider trends WWE doesn't have anything to do with.

(house show numbers are down, which is most likely due to the lack of any replacement for Cena, but live event revenue is up, and overall attendance numbers (including televised events) are even)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's also arguable that TV ratings are going down so badly across the board that the small amount of programming that does stay relatively level becomes even more and more valuable (which seems to be what the investors think, though as Dave has pointed out repeatedly, WWE investors are extremely stupid), but that's probably a question best left for TV executives

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Jinder isn't unsafe.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hell that's good. I hope he brutally squashes Seth especially.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I did. Joe stinks. Was better in TNA.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

counterpoint: seth "freakin" rollins is the alternative

When I see a match where Joe, Bray, Seth and Finn all get buried for the Big Dog, all I can think is "did I get hired as WWE head booker without realizing it"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MotU posted:

joe and seth are the favorites going into the match how are they being buried for roman?????????

I am bad at money line odds

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am hyped for Big Baron to cash in on Jinder and become top face.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Depends. Is Roman in the match?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Venomous posted:

Nope. Styles, Owens, Zayn, Corbin, Nakamura and Ziggler. So yeah, it'll probably be good

Owens is a fat waster who gets gassed, Zayn is a loser, Nak is lazy and Ziggler is bad. Without the Big Dog i'm projecting ***1/2 max.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VJeff posted:

Roman just cannot have a great match unless he's in there with someone better than him. Period. The dude's not terrible but he's not carrying a 52 year old Undertaker to anything.

Yeah, like Brawn Strowman.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nah he sucks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That is legitimately a massive upgrade for Rusev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Even jobbing to Cena is an upgrade on whatever the hell Rusev is doing now.