Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
He'll win as a result of a miscommunication between Crews and Kalisto, placing the two of them into a red-hot feud that will finally elevate them both into main event territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Is there a list of questionable ROH talent/booking decisions out there?

Pretty sure their biggest one was when Rob Feinstein got into online dating.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

VJeff posted:

Also :laffo: at "fake? injury" when absolutely nothing has suggested it's a work.

I see where you're coming from, but I think "absolutely nothing" is a bit of a stretch. Asuka's injury wasn't announced until a couple of days after the show. Looking at the match and after-match interview, she shows no signs of serious injury despite everyone saying that collarbone breaks hurt like hell. Compare that to Big Cass on Monday, where there was an obvious point where the injury was caused, footage of him limping away and cursing, and an announcement on wwe.com before Raw was even finished airing. The x-ray she posted in her tweet doesn't show the affected area at all.

Then consider where JR mentioned having to redo commentary for the Mae Young Classic earlier this week due to "creative changes". Maybe they had to change remarks about Asuka being the one to beat in NXT? You don't think it's even the least bit plausible that the writers came up with an angle over the weekend that allowed Asuka an easy exit to the main roster undefeated?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says as of this afternoon, Survivor Series men's 5v5 is

Team Raw: Kurt, Reigns, Finn, Joe, Braun vs Team SD: Shane, Orton, Roode, Styles, Nakamura

Remember back during the draft when Shane was telling Stephanie that his brand was going to be all about elevating the talent and not the authority figures?

Neither does Shane.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

The records state that it was won for the first time in Brazil.

I think you're thinking of the Intercontinental Championship.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Teddybear posted:

No, I checked-- the WWE Championship originates to another fictional tournament in Rio. That was apparently their go-to.

I am obviously not giving Brazil's international wrestling tournament scene the respect it deserves.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Not when Shane has to get a match in.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

the escape goat posted:

It's astonishing how much his longer hair accentuates the move and makes it more badass. Which is something I would absolutely not say about anyone else.

Every time they show a slo-mo replay of AJ flying across the ring like a literal comic book figure, I cry a little inside that they call Roman's little hopping thing a "Superman Punch".

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

That's the shoot name for that movr

I'm glad you agree the person who named that move should be shot.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

He also had a feud with Dolph Ziggler that people were invested in!

That was only because people hoped Dolph was actually leaving.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

That’s a good rear end lineup

Well, other than, you know

The last ladder match he was in got 5 stars from Dave.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I can only assume this leads into the debut of Adam "Bay Bay" Cole on Raw, where his music opens up with a crying baby sound effect awkwardly inserted and he walks to the ring sucking on a pacifier.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

I'm going to name my child Giant Gonzalez Shockmaster

She's going to be so mad.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
If you're going to reuse the same person multiple times, maybe don't do it right next to each other?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Procrastinator posted:

celebrity participation & matches have a long and storied wrestlemania history, i can't really begrudge them for that one.

A celebrity match in isolation is fine, yes. I'm baffled at the fact, though, that they have Rey Mysterio and son on their regular roster and keep making them look like idiots, but this one-off celebrity match is going to be what brings Latino viewers to WWE.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Bad Bunny’s popularity in south america and amongst the youth is monumentally more so than Rey Mysterio. People know who Rey Mysterio is but that doesn’t mean they will watch, the same way everyone knows Hogan but only a small portion of those who recognize him watch wrestling. His wrestling clips are pulling like 30 million views on instagram it’s nuts. This was the rare case of WWE not being 10 years behind culture, but quite frankly I doubt they had anything to do with it, it was Bad Bunny’s homage to Booker T that started the whole thing in the first place. I am shocked they actually capitalized though.

Sure, but my point is that he's going to do the match and be gone. Any eyes drawn to the product are going to go with him. Meanwhile, they've got at least half a dozen world-class Latino wrestlers who are there week in and week out that they're doing nothing with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What's the over/under that he'll be under 35?

Two to one.

I'm going All In.

Hit me.