Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Bo Dallas was able to get anyone over back in NXT. That's how. Then once he won the title, he went after the other biggest personality in NXT, Tyler Breeze. Also Tyson Kidd was good, and that's a fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Yeah, it's a shame, but at least he was one of the anchors of good NXT along with Sami, Tyler, and Neville.

I still remember when someone got real mad that Tyler Breeze had the audacity to beat Sami Zayn while not being an Indie darling. Still my favorite NXT memory.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think there's a certain amount that one character can be established in opposition to another character (Sami benefited a lot from this against Owens), but once you take Dallas or Breeze away, who was/is Neville?

The straight man to all the comedy acts, and the final obstacle Sami had to face to win his title.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
No the stairs was after KO was champ, I thought. What I'm saying is, Sami's title win was the impetus for the shift from "build up guys outside of their indie fame" to "bring in guys because of their indie fame"

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
back when Sami was feuding with Cesaro, who was a Real American at the time, people got all excited that Zeb alluded to his indie times, because that clearly meant El Generico was debuting soon. These are the hilarious things I remember from NXT.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

oldskool posted:

AJ/Wyatt has no build whatsoever, Cena/Wyatt involves turning the run that ties Cena with Flair at 16 into a transitional reign, and at the end of the day....what's Orton's master plan? "I invaded your family, broke them apart & in the process brought you the only success you've ever had, the tag team and WWE titles....and now I'm taking them away!"? Congratulations Randy, you turned an incompetent swamp wizard into the Face of Fear That Runs The Place. That'll teach him.

To be fair, Bray is probably gonna get a spot in the chamber. Orton too if he doesn't win the rumble.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Didn't the "draft" used to just be random picks? I don't know why they don't go that route again. At least it will stop making Smackdown leaders look like morons for making lovely picks. Hell, they could use it as a storyline point.

"Looks like Smackdown gets the shaft for the third year in a row! It's almost like there's some sort of... conspiracy."

*Mauro shifts his eyes from left to right suspiciously*

R-Truth's on Raw though...

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

abraham linksys posted:

the harsh divide between "main event" and "midcard" nxt is brutal for the booking. I really wish we had more undercard challengers to the top belt, makes the champion's reign way more meaningful and allows people to lose great matches and stay over. like, apollo crews's best moment in wwe so far was his match with finn, do more of that please

We had one just the last tapings, and people were complaining about Ohno being pinned clean.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

gently caress right off. Jinder is actively terrible.

He's entertaining, actually.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

When does this play again? I'm getting my girlfriend into wrestling and she's been really into Shimmer and stuff.

August 20th is bracketology, first half of the matches the next week, second half the week after that.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

mkay0 posted:

I just assumed Jinder would interfere and it would be a three-way, just like every other multiple person match on the Summerslam card.

Who does Cena get if Nak gets the title shot? AJ?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

spongeh posted:

Just like his first theme, awesome until you see who walks out.

Then it's even better!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also Nikki Cross is good.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gaz-L posted:

They might allow him to throw a few chops/punches and a clothesline without clearing him fully, as long as he doesn't take any bumps. But that would be very, very unlikely, especially as I could see them being understandably worried about him 'forgetting' that caveat once he was in the ring.

He would absolutely forget that caveat the moment he steps in the ring.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Liquid Communism posted:

This is Bryan. He'd enter the ring via climbing the turnbuckle from the outside and flying headbutting someone if he thought it'd make the match the slightest bit better.

Fixed for accuracy.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So the rumored plan for Ronda is Steph and Trips in a Mixed Tag match so her partner, looking at Raw's Roster, is either Cena (if he's not doing the Taker match) or Finn, I'd guess.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
We're not getting Kane vs Braun, it's gonna be The Demonkane vs The Demonkang

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's joke.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
:( for Tyler, but if we had to get a replacement, at least it's Pete Dunne! Dunne is so great I hope he wins at Takeover!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Resign Swoggle and reform 3.5MB please.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Can someone compile the taping results into a single post?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Thankee.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Asking in here, but do we know the full TakeXXVover card yet? I got tickets and am already super excited, but am curious what they're doing. Or at least what's confirmed

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fatherofmustard posted:

I wouldn't mind Bryan vs Sheamus

I'll accept this if it's a shot for shot remake of their Mania 28 match. Brie can replace AJ.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I want Cole to win so that the best weekly wrestling show, UpUpDownDown Uno can have an all-LRLR Champion's Salute.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Well, The Greatest Wrestling Match. Ever. Wasn't even The Greatest Wrestling Match. Of that night.

The Greatest Wrestling Match. Of 2020. Was Yuka Sakazaki vs Mizuki.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That just reminded me of Samoa Joe's robot arm. The 2k20 story mode deserved a much better game. It was not great but compared to the rest of 2k20 it was golden.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nakamura had finished his "good at wrestling" phase and is now treating the shows as house shows. Its just House Show Nakamura from now on.

People just say it's particularly bad because they were not expecting House Show Nakamura at Mania.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gaz-L posted:

I promise you he'd have put more effort in had he been booked to go over.

Ok

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I agree with you but it's easier to just complain other places. :shrug:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Dark: Elevation was a good one and Rampage was loving awesome. Shocking.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also Matt explicitly confirmed Butcher Blade Private Party vs Lucha PnP and I think Tay vs Bunny? At Rampage next week.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Might be that. Honestly couldn't hear because the drunk people behind us were chanting at him. (they were generally a blast but that one promo I had trouble hearing)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Lid posted:

I didn't realise Naka was back in NJPW

He's not because he's not in the COTM poll. Unless he is and that's an oversight that should be corrected next month.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Obvious answer is that she gets the blame for two people, because people have been using her name when they mean Ford.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also there was a WHERE IS CHARLOTTE chant, and as a result he teased a Figure 4 before going for a different submission.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sharparoni posted:

Skye Blue will do a flash pin on Jade to win the title in a shock then get squashed in 7 seconds in the rematch a week later

smh Tony Khan going back on stipulations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

apophenium posted:

Jeez, Taya Valkyrie is drat near completely buried

Shida? Like, I'd get it if you wanted to argue like Leila Gray or Diamante, but Shida?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

forkboy84 posted:

So which woman will they have to take off the air to make room for Mariah?

Shida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's way better now than a year ago, where on a consistent basis, they'd announce the 4 men's matches for Dynamite on Wednesday, and then maybe tuesday night they'd announce "Nyla Rose in action" or something to that effect. And then if you were lucky right before or after the 9:20 Squash there'd be a promo to set up the one women's storyline going, usually involving the woman who was about to/just wrestled.

It''s still an afterthought but usually not that blatant anymore. The defenses of "they get enough time just watch Dark/ROH" and "you complain about this every week shut up and enjoy yoru Outcast/Britt squash" still get bandied around though.