Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Corbin/Rhino and Joe/Balor both led to feuds which makes the tournament feel so silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Forceholy posted:

Heel vs Heel can be done, but then again this is WWE.

Real Talk, was Cesaro ever fat?
Cesaro was skinnyfat once but his biggest sin was that ugly ponytail. So I guess if Hero gets fatter then Cesaro would grow out a skullet

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I thought the whole thing with Hero was that he bombed his physical.
He was told to get into shape and didn't but apparently was also butting heads really badly with the trainers at the time. I think there was a story where he got yelled at by Bill DeMott for giving rookies genuine advice

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Benne posted:

I'm just happy that Mickie James is healthy and ready to compete again after her near-death experience on the train tracks.

E: Real talk, I like Mickie and I'm sure Asuka will get a good match out of her, but man, how low is their confidence in the current NXT women's division that they have to trot out Mickie James as a credible Takeover challenger in 2016?
It's the Samoa Joe issue x10 because NXT doesn't have enough big name female stars to just trot out for believable feuds. They're grooming Ember Moon to take the title off her, but she's still got to grow. The rest of the girls are alright but don't really have name recognition.

I think they could actually stall out until Io Shirai comes in, if she was really signed. I think an Io Shirai/Ember Moon feud would be much more enjoyable than Asuka/Ember Moon

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If I'm reading that correctly that means that every RAW team are expected to win except for the Cruiserweights?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

Take that, smarks
And the only reason that Kendrick is losing is because Vince doesn't want the vanilla midgets anymore

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RAW have 3 hours to fill and only use the Cruiserweights once. Their weird obsession of changing out the ropes and apron for it meaning they have to stall for time makes them a hassle. Which brings me to how dumb it is to give Smackdown, essential a third hour but AFTER Smackdown is over, and not having it as a pre-show.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

I liked when D-Bry kept trying to name his running knees "Knee Plus" and everyone thought it was terrible and ignored him completely
What are you talking about? I thought it was called "THAT'S THE MOVE THAT BEAT JOHN CENA!"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

They probably made those graphics before Zack turned down their contract offer and just forgot to fix it, if I had to guess
So you think WWE plans anything 6 months in advance?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Vaguido posted:

I assume it's because they ruined the credibility of the title and they want to use part timers to make it a big deal. Putting it on Brock (almost 100% he's going to win) also means a huge rub to whoever takes it off him, as long as it's legit this time. Probably Summerslam, probably Finn or Roman.
Roman never got his win back from Lesner, so you know that's who's becoming champion next.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Where are the spoilers in this thread? This is just booking gripes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chances are if it's being reported on not only does Nikki know but she was proposed to already in private and they're just doing this to be filmed for Total Divas.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Why would they get rid of Drifter off NXT? He was a perfect jobber there. What can he really do on the main roster?
Throw him in a random makeshift tag-team with another floundering midcarder.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Destroy My Sweater posted:

what is hero's gear
A basket ball jersey that fits his form well. His beautiful, gigantic form.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

same

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Who wants to bet that they keep Roman off RAW the next night because of the nuclear "Go away" heat he'll get

Who wants to bet that the WWE will embrace that heat because "Any reaction is a good reaction" despite losing more viewers on RAW by average every single year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I mean honestly, as hard as the WWE tried to get over John Cena despite the fan's rejection they never even tried to have him end the Undertaker's wrestlemania streak. I don't remember every babyface on the show that was legitimately over coming out and cutting promos about how good and cool John Cena is (His debut doesn't count)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I can still see Shirai being the Ibushi/Sabre Jr of the tournament and trying to convince her to sign if she joins the tournament. Hojo isn't the best wrestler but I can see her getting over pretty big regardless.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Imagine that except Bischoff and Hogan both only show up every few months for a month or so then gently caress off again.
I don't mind because RAW is bad and having Lesner show up every week would be more bad. Let him be the end-boss that shows up to kick someone's rear end every now and then as long as eventually you have heel Miz with the IC gloating about he's the most important RAW champion because he's the one who shows up and then get his rear end kicked by Lesner.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gatts posted:

So since there's no RAW thread, what's up? Kurt didn't want to go to Europe? Banned?

I think let's not have a RAW thread. RAW sucks. Smackdown may be soon to be the sucking too.
Also after years of Jeff Hardy ducking UK tours in TNA he just shows up like nothing's wrong in the WWE

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

A friend who knows a lot of Joshi personally just told me two more interesting names that were contacted for the Women's tournament, but probably won't attend. (They rhyme with Hiro and Mahada) for different reasons. I'd love to have seen bare minimum Makoto making it to NXT though, since her gimmick for the past 10 years has been "I want to be a WWE Diva).

Although no matter how big it is, just locking in Shirai, LaRae, and Hojo is pretty huge in itself, they're just as big as Ibushi/ZSJ/Tozawa were for the CWC

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

If I recall, Dave's said that Shirai won't be in the tournament, as she has yet to leave STARDOM, and the only indication she is getting ready to leave (per STARDOM officially) is her stepping down as head coach/trainer.
The great thing about the tournament is that it will finally give some legitimate competition to Asuka, her title run has been fine but it's almost entirely a lack of legitimate opponents over her just being a dominant type

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Is Demon Balor still the only one with consistent wins over Joe?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

In the most round-about way it's WWE's only long term booking. Have other people get destroyed by Brock Lesner so that when Roman wins next year at Wrestlemania he'll be touted as a conquerer yet still be claimed to be the underdog

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Solus posted:

I mean if you leak enough scoops onto twitter I hear you get wrestle-nudes to your twitter inbox
4Chan already doxxed Rovert and he's just DM Punk from Ireland who knows a couple people who knows things.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jubs posted:

Grado trying to marry for a green card?
Since this is still TNA I bet there's like a 60% chance it will be a gay marriage and handled very poorly on air

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Why does every thread need to be about Rovert

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So for real what are the chances they do ReDRagon v. AoP? That'd be pretty awesome.
It would probably only happen because there are no other tag teams in NXT that AoP haven't beaten, and I'd much rather have seen ReDragon vs DIY

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Shayna was doing well in STARDOM entirely by herself so I agree with Darkstar that bringing up the Horsewomen so heavily is obviously an attempt by Stephanie to lure in Rhonda to do business and will likely lead to Shayna winning the MYC as a "Good will" move

Rhonda isn't nearly as relevant as she was last year though, she's fallen off a deep cliff.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cavauro posted:

I support laughing forever at shortsighted and desperate WWE moves, which many folks here do, but i am not sure about its merit as a coping mechanism rather than the draw. it seems both of these types of poster exist and i would like to make it clear that no one deserves A harm from this company or others (not outing anyone, send me a PM if you need to talk to anyone about it)

tell You what, if i made anyone feel unduly targeted, i apologize. the vagueness of my message is solely to avoid specifically pointing out the particular diction used in a previous post in this discussion which i've found to be a common warning sign. i will say that it caught my eye and you don't have to deal w it alone.
How many drugs and/or beer are you on right now?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Wouldn't the obvious payoff be 4HW vs 4HW? Like, I don't know about Duke, but they clearly want Ronda to wrestle, Baszler already does, and it's not a stretch for Marina, I don't think, given she's already done angles with the company.
That might be the obvious one, but the realistic one would be Stephanie embarassing Rhonda somehow to get her heat back from wrestlemania a few years back.

Jerusalem posted:

If you have a concern, PM the person to ask them about it. If they don't have PMs, PM me or use the report button to address your concerns. No need to post about it in thread, especially if it necessitates being vague.
He is gimmick posting, friend.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I've mentioned it before but I feel like Brock has probably contractually filled out all his dates for the year already and can easily just duck out after Summerslam while Vince desperately offers him loads of money to show up once or twice between Summerslam and Mania.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Platypus Farm posted:

I'm not saying they're bad. I'm saying ROH hasn't been exactly setting the world on fire lately and I doubt a bunch of ROH guys joining together just because they were all in ROH would be very exciting. Sounds like a faction for faction's sake which, okay I guess, but with NXT getting a little floundery it seems like it'd be smarter to just have some individually developed storylines and also have lio rush no sell being pile driven through a table from 40 feet up.
At the same time Triple H is such a fan of old school, has been looking for any excuse to do War Games for years now, and the faction warfare from a few years back involving SHIELD/Evolution/Wyatt Family were really good too.

I've been re-watching the CZW/ROH feud and when faction warfare is done really well it's some of the most exciting wrestling in decades, but once again, they've had a brand split for ages and haven't made the first attempt to make a feud between the brands exciting, and they've also been given a golden goose like Nexus and managed to kill excitement for it almost immediately too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

oatgan posted:

which four horsewomen
All 8 of them, and then she's coming for Arn Anderson.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sasha will accidentally knock herself out, then Asuka will kick her into a concussion in frustration

e: Sasha will probably give herself a concussion first to be fair

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Has Baszler signed a contract with the company? I wonder if there is any interest in Shayna if Ronda were not a factor at all.
She was doing okay in STARDOM but fans will probably turn immediately on her if they think for a second that she's getting a push just so Stephanie can politic for Rousey. Especially when put against such a natural babyface like Hojo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

But that's not something that Shayna can really control.

drat it, Stephanie.
It's not, and Shayna's a pretty cool person on her own but in the end she could just end up being a tool to get her friend which is really lovely for everyone involved except Stephanie McMahon and Rhonda Rousey.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

AlmightyPants posted:

It sounds like they're doing NXT Horsewomen vs MMA Horsewomen at some point in the future, leading to Ronda vs either Charlotte or Stephanie (who started the women's revolution and is responsible for all good things that have happened for all women in the world). I could see the latter being at mania if the former happens sometime soon, like at survivor series or something like that. If not, maybe they'll stretch it into a multi-year ordeal?
You're giving a lot of credit to a pet project that a McMahon has in any modern era.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I don't know what's more silly, that the McMahon's think they're a major draw or that they think Rhonda Rousey in 2017 is a major draw. MMA fans absolutely hate the WWE and still hate Lesner and unlike WWE fans aren't likely to hate-watch the WWE after one of their people show up on the broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MMA fans don't even give a poo poo about Rousey anymore, who's going to care about this feud except Stephanie McMahon and someone jerking off over Becky