Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mob posted:

The masses love when a big man can move. Remember when Sportscenter used to show highlights, a big fat lineman scooping up a fumble and running for a touchdown always made the top 10

consistently amazed still by how fast Owens moves. the workrate and cardio for a man that large you'd think would be bad but it's better than most guys he faces. some guys just know how to move with it, so does Hero, more power literally to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, Dave has the WM card as:
Goldberg vs Lesnar
Reigns vs Undertaker
Jericho vs Owens
Orton vs Wyatt
HHH vs Rollins
Show vs Shaq
Charlotte vs Nia vs Bayley vs Sasha

With Cena/Joe and Shane/AJ as possible

Professor Funk posted:

This seems like the absolute worst direction they could go.

It's a wrestlemania wherein neither Cena nor Reigns have the title. Orton/Wyatt and Jericho/Owens are both potentially cool matches to main event WM. aside from wasting AJ Styles this is a better way to go than Roman Reigns Wins Again. I'd absolutely love Joe versus Cena, poo poo would be brutal.

It could be better but nowhere near the level of dogshit we got last year and successfully completes a few storylines in the process, while also creating a new one with Cena v. Joe.

I don't think this will happen, though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Venomous posted:

Oh, God. I like Randy Wyatt, but that'd be a really bad Mania setup.

if it leads to Bray Wyatt winning and then actually winning title matches against Cena, AJ, and Ambrose, it'd be worth the price

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

He IS a fat loser, and the downside of him having a belt is that you'll have to hear his lovely promos more often. Bray Wyatt makes me actively embarrassed whenever I see him on screen.

i'd rather hear a bray wyatt promo than have to hear cena use his angry black guy voice in a promo about how disrespectful the new era millenials like 37 yr old AJ Styles are

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lid posted:

Bray aint dead. The royal rumble where Triple H turned into him and the crowd popped for the face off was the first legit reaction to that in years. Never forget when they did that spit with Cena and Orton to zero reaction.

that was a cool as gently caress moment. if only they put him on Raw he could "ruin" the show by loving with steph and haitch. it'd be the only thing to make them bearable onscreen.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wyatt family needs to be less like a generic stable of idiotmen and more like the NWO if you're going to be a cult leader why wouldn't you constantly be loving poo poo up with your army.

IMO introducing Sanity as its own thing instead of another wyatt subsector of bearded crazies was a huge mistake. creating a stable of like 6 or 7 legit terrifying nutcases would have been great.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

has brock ever even watched a kevin owens match, the dude is fat but can go at 100mph with a great workrate.

this coming from a guy who needed roids to stay competitive, come on brock

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

some guy on the bus posted:

It would be sweet if after Goldberg beats KO the title, Jericho beats Goldberg for the title with the help of Lesnar.

This is not nearly as dumb as having two guys that wrestle 3 times a year get the main event spot of WM.

not only would that be sweet but jericho having one last run at the expense of goldberg would be some funny-rear end poetic justice

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

when are we going to see Alestier "Tommy End" "Satan" Black

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Benne posted:

Dean spent years destroying his body in CZW garbage brawls, I bet he's just happy to get WWE money for PG-sanitized versions of his wrestling style.

Wrestle The Miz at half-speed every week for guaranteed downside, or take light tubes to the balls for beer money at best? Seems like an easy choice to me.

I'm inclined to agree with this, Ambrose won the loving lottery going from the shitheap of CZW and paying his dues there to becoming an incredibly relevant character in the WWE. Granted he probably wanted to do more stuff like with the Brock match but I can't see him wanting to punish himself further. He should, however, bring a trash can of foreign objects with him constantly

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

VJeff posted:

I dunno, I can kinda see a four-way right now.

it'd be a tremendous waste to have Mickie win instead of Becky

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Venomous posted:

Bray pinned John Cena and AJ Styles clean in the past couple of months. He has all the momentum behind him as champion, and he's actually been booked strongly up to this point. If they wanted a good, young main event heel to keep Smackdown going, it would be an incredibly good idea to have Bray retain against Randy at Wrestlemania.

just thinking about the two matches he annihilated the two hottest guys in the company is gonna be hilarious in hindsight when they squander it for Orton probably winning. I can't think of a stronger stretch in recent memory other than maybe Bryan beating the 3 top guys in one night for the belt.
I wish they just made the Sanity guys into more Wyatt henchmen but oh well

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

poor Almas can't get a break, man

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Spermgod posted:

he really hasn't made the in-ring transition to the WWE style very well either

haven't literally just told him "wrestle like KENTA" instead now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Was Kairi Hojo signed on to WWE? I feel like I read this somewhere but have heard nothing about her since. Is she still doing stuff in Japan?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what's this poo poo about Enzo getting kicked off a bus by the Big Dog I'm hearing about

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sigma posted:

The latest WWE Fan Council, in case you were wondering who WWE is thirsty for:

They must have forgot Cody's box

LOL is this the same War Machine sentenced to life imprisonment?

The sad thing is that even in the best timeline wherein Omega somehow ends up in WWE, a roster of him, Nakamura, AJ, Owens, Zayn, Balor, Itami, Cena, Rollins, Samoa Joe will still be booked like poo poo while we get infinite Roman v. Lesnar matches until the heat death of the universe

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Hopefully Brian Kendrick can go away and be a coach instead of having matches where he wins with a loving headlock

the most over person in the company uses a glorified fireman's carry for his finisher, who cares

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AJ Styles and Luke Harper legit fighting for no.1 Contender was the highest Harper's stock ever was and for a short while, I could dream of him main eventing Mania versus Bray Wyatt.

This of course went to poo poo when Orton was injected back in and beat Wyatt in like 5 minutes after a moronic, bad match. Similar to how Harper was booked, Wyatt went from beating Cena/Styles clean multiple times to eating poo poo immediately. poo poo like that was part of the reason I stopped watching altogether.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I will watch Raw for the first time in 2 years if that Wyatt spoiler is correct because lol the reactions will be gold

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how much longer will Aleister Black be doing squash matches for, I need to see him wrassle the big boys already

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

So Nakamura has to be winning the Rumble, right? Because if they put Roman over in that situation, he may actually get garbage thrown at him. (Though if the Philly crowd really wants to get Vince/Steph/Hunter's goat, they should chant for Omega or Naito)

if we haven't been building up to Styles v Nakamura at WM since day zero of them both getting signed then I have no clue what this is all leading up to

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

well now I'm really curious what happens next for Finn

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I the only one who thinks there's a non-zero chance Black is a post-Summerslam call up?

hope he gets called to SD because I'd love to see him work with Nak/AJ/Bryan

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Cameo posted:

I wonder how many of those guys look at Zack and Ibushi and regret the choice they made.

man after the first CWC I was really hoping they'd both sign but looking at what happened soon after, I'm glad they didn't. Maybe a few of the 205 guys enjoy more exposure than they would have received but ZSJ and Ibushi definitely didn't need it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sugar Blaster posted:

Whenever the women say "we can wrestle just as good as the men" what they mean is they can have their spot on a big PPV sourced to someone who hasn't wrestled regularly since the mid 2000's. Bless WWE and their commitment to gender equality.

if they wanted to take a look at what "we can wrestle just as good" means they should peep the battle royale from All In where Jordynne Grace takes out the biggest motherfucker in the ring

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Please tell me that's her actual nickname

it is. Also part of "Team PAWG" with her mentor, LuFisto. she's probably my favorite woman wrestler right now, loving awesome talent, funny twitter, put out a book recently about all the terrible DMs she gets from creeps.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man what the hell are the plans for Aleister Black? Seems like the title was taken off him way too quickly and now he's the middleman to the Gargano/Ciampa feud. They should just call up the poor guy so he can do something else. Never thought I'd want an NXT guy to go to main roster but it seems like the booking for such an incredible talent really took a poo poo turn.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

either give the title back to Black or send him to main roster so he can escape the fate of being the third wheel for this neverending poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"Almas wins Rumble" just reminds me of Del Rio/Shinsuke winning so even when cool things happen they are destined to get buried at WM. Bray Wyatt's run to WM though takes the cake as the biggest gently caress You to me

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fatherofmustard posted:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/02/wwe-advertising-the-first-international-superstar-shakeup-650599/

WWE is apparently doing an "International Superstar Shakeup" after WM, whatever that means.

to me this translates into "Pete Dunne on main roster"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

KO is 100x a better choice than AJ for the 3rd time or god forbid, Randy Orton, though still not as good as Samoa Joe or the obvious Kofi runback they'll waste at Fastlane

I'll look forward to the new Smackdown Six of AJ/Bryan/Samoa Joe/KO/Mustafa Ali/hopefully Aleister Black, though

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

I really like the idea of this, I hope it's not just to spike belts WWE doesn't care about off their main tv shows

same, the idea of a belt(s) that is viable across all 3 shows is legit loving cool. Too bad more belts aren't that way, it would make matches less stale since you wouldn't relegated to the same roster.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"One would assume that the kickoff for a long-discussed HHH vs. Bautista match for WresleMania would be the impetus for his return tonight"

lol gently caress THAT, jesus christ

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just go all out with stupidity and have Brock cash in midmatch, fail, and have Corbin win the belt lol

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just speculation but jesus loving christ if that comes true.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Card Subject To Change etc, local ad for Extreme Rules July 14

Seth/Corbin Universal title, tables match
Kofi/Dolph/Owens WWE title
Reigns vs Shane and Drew, 2 on 1 handicap match

it'd be so piss-easy to make this terrible better. Replace Corbin with like, Bryan/Cesaro. Remove Dolph. Slot Reigns into the US Title fight as a 3-way with Ricochet and Joe instead of this dumbfuckery with Shane.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bartok posted:

Who is the top guy in WWE? Roman is wasting time in the midcard with his Shane McMahon feud. Daniel Bryan is a tag champ with Erik Rowan as his partner. AJ is injured. Cena is pretty much retired. Kofi despite winning the WWE Championship hasn't really been given a chance to be a top guy.

so many guys could be groomed to become superstars but they're stuck in NXT/UK/205. Pete Dunne is 25 and could be a loving superstar. Velveteen Dream and Mustafa Ali are incredible young guys with so much promise. It's insane to think all 3 probably will never come close to their full potential in WWE but at least when they have more experience they could hopefully leave.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

WWE waited so long on Ciampa that not only did they gently caress up a sureshot blood feud but he ended up loving himself up to the point where he'll likely never wrestle again. He was dynamite in NXT but the fact that he was kept in NXT for way too loving long was a titanic mistake. In another life he should have been in the spot Baron Corbin is as the eternal antagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Dolph/Goldberg and Reigns/Bryan both confirmed for Summerslam, per Dave

lol what the gently caress even