Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cavauro posted:

Braun's Partner is Batista. Source is legit as hell, and hell is from The bible.

Actually the Pope has confirmed hell isn't a thing, which is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I apologise.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

They paid WWE far too much money over the course of the next decade for just a one-time thing. We're getting one or two shows there every year until nearly 2030

The WWE should just merge with Saudi Aramco and permanently locate to Dhahran.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Not sure why WWE doesn't adopt a more NJPW style season/tour system since they really marginally care about one or two people at a time.

Too much money in having a weekly TV show. Which only exists if that show is weekly. New Japan has the thing where not everyone is on every tour and I do think WWE would benefit from giving people breaks during the year but that seems to run contrary to their attitudes to worker rights.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Venomous posted:

Ricochet was brought up because Murphy needs a Mania opponent

Aren't they doing an 8 man tournament for Murphy's Mania preshow opponent? Possibly featuring Kushida?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

rovert posted:

Go into Smackdown expecting Charlotte to win the Smackdown title to make the Wrestlemania main event match bigger.

There's a lot of unhappiness backstage at the moment someone referred to it as a toxic environment.

It's the main event of Wrestlemania, it's probably the best built match on the show, a) why does it need to be made bigger than that? And b) considering how WWE books its titles does adding another belt actually even make it bigger?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I got ya. Tournament really is the funniest one. What is their logic on that one again?

Vince is a senile old weirdo. That's it really.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

He was though.

Apparently Dolph's back because KO won't do the KSA show.

Hope that's him showing solidarity with Sami.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

bartok posted:

Who is the top guy in WWE? Roman is wasting time in the midcard with his Shane McMahon feud. Daniel Bryan is a tag champ with Erik Rowan as his partner. AJ is injured. Cena is pretty much retired. Kofi despite winning the WWE Championship hasn't really been given a chance to be a top guy.

Vince, Shane and Stephanie McMahon.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

God no, don't ruin NXT by making it 2 hours.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The Cameo posted:

Did anyone come out of that school besides Kendrick and Bryan and... MILANO?! When the gently caress did Milano Collection AT train in Texas?

Spanky, Danielson, Paul London are obviously the 3 big ones. But also Hotstuff Hernandez & Lance Cade and pretty solid careers. And Michael Shane/Matt Bentley was around TNA for a while and wasn't terrible.

Honestly, by the stands of most wrestling schools that's not terrible.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

They may well benefit the next time WWE purges its low card. Like, there are only a couple of 205 Live guys that AEW would take

They don't even do the traditional post-Wrestlemania bloodletting though. They'd rather keep people unused but undercontract than have the slim chance of them going and making money for someone else.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

rovert posted:

I'll never understand people not seeing her apology as something written in haste. And that "sorry if you were offended" is something people say/write reflexively without knowing what they are actually saying. I find it hard to believe she sat down rubbed her hands and decided let's pull the wool over people's eyes here. Especially when her WWE contract and her US visa is on the line.
But that's kind of the problem there. You shouldn't hastily panic and apologise. You should really put a little thought into a public apology. Because of course people are going to drag a public figure whose apology is half-arsed, have you seen woke wrestling Twitter?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Benne posted:

Impact just started a relationship with NOAH, they'd be dumb to not use Marufuji

Obviously I'd prefer he wrestle anyone but Elgin, but that's still a big get for the BFG card

Huh, I'd kind of forgotten about Impact & NOAH having any relationship, sort of figured it died when NOAH's ownership changed earlier in the year.

Honestly, from a pure match standpoint I think Elgin vs Sugiura would have been more fun but I suppose Marufuji is a more known name in the States.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 18, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Troxartas posted:

While in Mexico. Is Marafuji doing a tour there or something?

Nope, NOAH's starting their G1 equivalent tomorrow so he's in Japan for that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I genuinely don't understand ROH's basic booking philosophy. If there is one.

The philosophy is "nobody is watching so why bother?"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The set is ridiculous but at least it's different even if it does look like what it is, a cheap recreation of a 1980s TV set. Not sure I'd go so far as to say I like it, but I don't dislike it either.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Why would Ilja side with Gallus who is already a 3 man heel stable instead of the two outnumbered faces??

can nxt uk stop trying to make clark connors a thing? dudes incredibly boring and that says a lot coming from NXT UK

Wait, NXT UK has a guy with the same name as the New Japan LA Dojo guy? That's great.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I think he means Joseph Conners, who aside from some weird teeth, has a look that WWE probably likes

Awww, that's less funny.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

It'd be neater if they hadn't done the match twice already in tag-teams but it's still going to be a really cool moment

...but tag matches are different to singles matches?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

...Isn't that DOUKI's finish as well?

Dunno if it's exactly the same but certainly very similar.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Good news, plans changed

Per Dave on Observer Radio today:

Cena/Elias got scrapped
Reigns/Wyatt got scrapped
Naomi/Bailey got moved to Saudi
Most of the planned SD matches have changed

He’s thinking they’ll do Goldberg/Reigns for the belt and Cena/Fiend

Going from Elias to Wyatt is impressive in the sense that it should be impossible not to take a step up from Elias but it'll be the Red Light guy so it's a wash. Bravo Vince you senile old fool.

Bayley vs Naomi should be decent by WWE standards so no surprise that it has no place on Wrestlemania. Got to feel for them getting thrown onto the dogshit Blood Money show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I said this in the NJPW thread but Japan isn't letting one arrive from the US or New Zealand, & even if they were letting in people from NZ he'd have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine in NZ first.

Basically, if Jay White is on a New Japan show before the end of August it'd be a bigger surprise than Dick Togo returning.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Maybe he has indeed already spent two weeks in NZ. I want to believe

(Why NZ? They more or less ”defeated” the virus like a month ago)

IDK, maybe how they beat the virus is by actually treating seriously people who came from abroad & might spread it.

But also it doesn't matter because NZ is on the list of forbidden countries to Japan too. They were talking about a travel bubble featuring NZ, Vietnam, Australia & Japan at one point but that was a month ago & nowt's happened

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1286708416661135360?s=20

At this point I think it should be clear that WWE hates their viewers.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Great, so instead of the viewers listening to the ref slowly count to ten a hundred times, instead they will get "WHATDAYA SAY EDGE?" over and over for 43 minutes

and then, of course, the ceremonial extraction of the loser's eye

And of course with this match the losers will be the viewers & they will be upset they had to wait until they end to lose an eye & ideally it'd have been both instead of just one.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Venomous posted:

Is there going to be a vaccine by next Mania

There is no vaccine for Wrestlemania, you just have to try not to catch it. Don't watch WWE, don't be around people who watch WWE, safety first. If you do catch it, quarantine for 2 weeks.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

You should really read "it won't be political" as a warning that whatever it is shouldn't be supported instead of as an incentive to see it with your own eyes.

If there wasn't a NOAH show in 12 hours I would stay awake to watch a bootleg stream because it sounds like it has the potential to be terrible but I don't think that really helps the ratings.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Dave also said it might be a 90's Gang Warz/modern NJPW style multi-faction thing. Which would actually be kind of a breath of fresh air, to be honest.

I'm hoping more for like ROH's poor Dragon Gate ripoff Faction Wars. They have Gabe on the payroll so deffo get him to name the groups to see if he can better Vulture Squad and No Remorse Corps and Resilience

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

Riddick Moss

Are you sure it's not Dick Piss?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Is this the worst gimmick match of them all? I honestly don't even remember any of these matches aside from the first one. The gimmicks seem kind of random. You know who will win the second match. Three of them also went 40 minutes, which is probably way too long for any match where you know it is not going to end until the third fall.

I struggle to think of anything much worse than a blindfold match. Sure, it makes sense within the context of the story but wrestlers can't wrestler when they can't see, making it a dumb story to tell.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Scaffold match as while a Blindfold match is boring scaffold is boring as nobody wants to take major bumps and also extremely dangerous as well

Yeah but at least New Jack tries to commit murder in that one scaffold match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lid posted:

fun fact the first ever Edge and Randy Orton singles match occurred on the 10th of May 2004. SIXTEEN YEARS. That's longer than double than off the top of my head Hogan v Warrior.

That's longer ago than the first ever match between Satoshi Kojima & Minoru Suzuki (2006 Champion Carnival) despite them both being in their 50s.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

Possible leaked G1 lineup?

Kota Ibushi
EVIL
Jay White
Hiromu Takahashi
Shingo Takagi
Tomohiro Ishii
Hirooki Goto
Will Ospreay
Taichi
(X)

Tetsuya Naito
Kazuchika Okada
SANADA
Minoru Suzuki
KENTA
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Zack Sabre Jr
YOSHI-HASHI(I believe)
Toru Yano
Taiji Ishimori

lol at including Ishimori before Kojima despite him being 5'4", gently caress Gedo.

Also one thing is that NJPW generally stylise YOSHI-HASHI's name like SANADA & EVIL. So why would they write in katakana?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

He and Eddie Kingston still have heat don’t they?

Could be a recipe for disaster.

Seeing they've had god only knows how many matches together over the years, if they do still have heat they are both pros.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I Before E posted:

I mean it's an exploding barbed wire match, where is there to go from there

I mean yes, there is the Cage Of Death but there are places AEW probably won't go

Light tubes, razor boards, breezeblocks, no shortage of ways to go full Freedoms. Syringe spots.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

am I the only one who's really underwhelmed by all this "major acquisition" poo poo?

I like AEW because they've got a young, exciting roster - if I wanted to watch old guys coast by on their reputation I'd be watching WWE

whoever they're bringing in has to be, at minimum, 40 for the whole "hall of fame level career" to be true, and I can't think of a single 40-year-old who I'd be excited to see wrestle, particularly at the expense of someone younger and (probably) more talented

So long as a wrestler is good, and so long as the focus isn't all on old guys to the detriment of younger guys I don't think it matters. Plenty of older guys can still add value, both as stars and as talent. If you can bring in Minoru Suzuki it doesn't matter he's in his 50s, dude can still go. Yuji Nagata, Masaaki Mochizuki, Takashi Sugiura, Satoshi Kojima.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alexander vs Taurus is on paper at least a match I should watch

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

Someone was bound to hire his gross rear end eventually, not that surprised its AAA
He's already hired somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I am hoping that Danielson returns at the end of the show to help stop an Elite beat down. Only for Hangman to return to also an extremely loud pop and they end the show with the two of them having a stare down.

And then they kiss.