Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm amazed AJ's favored. Has Cena ever really gotten his win back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Pinned him clean in the tag match last PPV

Yeah I just asked about the multiman result on twitter on got that answer. Makes this a lot more believable

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The last time a semi-major wrestling company put their world title on Eddie Edwards they got sold two months later.

Maybe Billy is hoping it'll work a second time? Wonder if Davey's gonna beat him on the first big show after the sale again too?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Dragon Gate isn't an indie?

By Japan standards yes, but I have a tough time classifing them as an indie though as it's a nationally touring promotion with an incredibly packed schedule (more dates than NJPW!) and the 2nd most sucessful fed there rn.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i thought the semi finals were on the live show as well. guess i was mistaken

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Price Check posted:

Juice won't be with Tanahashi? Seems like they've tagged quite a bit this year after being a team in last year's tag league.

He's been teaming with Ibushi consistently on the current tour...

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

Honestly anyone else in that match would have been funnier

funniest would've been GHC champion Eddie Edwards resulting in them pissing off yet another Japanese fed.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

Ron and Don Harris the main people running it had Nazi ties. For example one has has/had an SS tattoo:

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/940340688901824512

There's also the old story about them getting kicked out of ECW after neither Raven nor Heyman were amused by their SS logo shirts

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

good to see further evidence that juice isn't heading to the fed imminently.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

nope no sign of nZo or CazXL at al.

also not that it really matters but i'm pretty sure silas won the match as the ref didn't see the second foreign object.

first half of the taping was wretched but things did improve with the bigger matches at the end. trios title match was good and super over in the building

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i'm a little skeptical of that not because of any talent's inclusion status but the layout of the blocks

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I Before E posted:

If that's the plan they're pretty confident they can get KENTA and Jay out of the States

kenta can definitely come back whenever he wants as he's a citizen tho he'd have to quarantine for a couple weeks and his family lives in the us. just like kendo kashin's back in japan after living in florida and being fired in the early stages of the pandemic

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

I think somebody else mentioned it but Chris Hero would make sense. And his gimmick/look while outside WWE as been a lot of references to basketball stuff, so I can see it work to take the "hall of famer" idea in a similar way to Miro has taken "the best man."

might have to re-watch the segment just to hyper-analyze but my impression wasn't that it was somebody coming in ala Sting, or somebody coming in short-term like a Minoru Suzuki or another Japanese part-timer would be. I get the impression it'll be another full-time performer, but really not sure who.

it's def not suzuki as he's working the current tour but he's someone that should be brought in if/when possible. he's very over among western hardcores and for the rest of the audience excalibur has perodically put him over evers since dynamite started. he's gradually slipped down the card in new japan and could def miss 2-3 months without hurting the main company he works for.

Vandar posted:

She's still trapped in a WWE contract, so that is definitely not happening.

yes there was mutal interest in working the stardom budokan show but obv wwe wouldn't allow her to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it ruled yes especially as ishii's music shocked the hell out of me. when cole challenged ishii during the announcement we all knew was coming i thought it was the first announced match for the forbidden door show. sadly i missed suzuki as i skipped dark since i knew it was going to be a long night as is.